Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jp0094

Bronze

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Post by jp0094 » Tue May 18, 2010 1:59 pm

believe me, my last exam was only 11 days ago and I've already started checking. t_t

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:00 pm

I've checked every day since a week ago. :oops:

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 18, 2010 2:02 pm

I checked twice yesterday and twice today already, and finals just finished on Friday. :oops:

Lawl Shcool

Silver

Post by Lawl Shcool » Tue May 18, 2010 2:14 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I checked twice yesterday and twice today already, and finals just finished on Friday. :oops:
same

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Tue May 18, 2010 2:17 pm

Paichka wrote:
Matthies wrote:
con law was my worst grade is law school, stupid consitution, its over rated
TITCR.

A third of our exam was ridiculous, ambiguous multiple choice. I saw two girls in tears after the exam. I might have laughed, if I hadn't felt like joining in.
Hey, you must be in my class.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Tue May 18, 2010 2:20 pm

mnolen wrote:
Paichka wrote:
Matthies wrote:
TITCR.

A third of our exam was ridiculous, ambiguous multiple choice. I saw two girls in tears after the exam. I might have laughed, if I hadn't felt like joining in.
The girl taking my Civ Pro final next to me burst into tears at the end of the exam, that was interesting...

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Tue May 18, 2010 2:42 pm

mistergoft wrote:
mnolen wrote:
Paichka wrote:
Matthies wrote:
TITCR.

The girl taking my Civ Pro final next to me burst into tears at the end of the exam, that was interesting...
Law School Professors...causing girls to skip their periods

mnolen

Bronze

Post by mnolen » Tue May 18, 2010 2:47 pm

I definitely almost cried at the end of Con Law. A friend of mine had to cry in the bathroom for a second during the exam. 1/3 random, extremely specific multiple choice + 1 doable-ish essay + 1 essay on a topic we had never learned about. At all.

C-, here I come

arhmcpo

Bronze

Post by arhmcpo » Tue May 18, 2010 2:57 pm

sanpiero wrote:what are everyone's respective lag times like for grade release? it's been only 15 days since my first exam, so i think it's way too early to start compulsively checking my transcript; but, i can't remember what our lag times were like last semester. i'm pretty sure my first grade came out within two weeks of the exam. i'm just rambling at this point but my question to you, fellow Pennoyers, is this: when is it socially acceptable to begin compulsively checking the registrar's site for grades? :D
All our grades are available 4 weeks from our last final even though we finished LRW like months ago. But at least I should be able to avoid the compulsive grade checking in the meantime....(actually I probably will check anyways which makes it even worse)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Paichka

Bronze

Post by Paichka » Tue May 18, 2010 3:48 pm

mnolen wrote:I definitely almost cried at the end of Con Law. A friend of mine had to cry in the bathroom for a second during the exam. 1/3 random, extremely specific multiple choice + 1 doable-ish essay + 1 essay on a topic we had never learned about. At all.

C-, here I come
Ours was 1/3 MC, and then three 1000-word essays. The essays were fine. The MC though...oof. It didn't help that it was closed book. *sigh*

Conlaw still wasn't as bad as Contracts II. Contracts II was VICIOUS this semester...particularly given that the same professor gave our section a reasonable exam -- same format -- last semester.

Oh well. My part is done. Nothing left now but the weeping.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 18, 2010 4:14 pm

We get all our grades at the same time either this Thursday or Friday!!!! I have mixed feelings: i dunno if i want to see them or not.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 18, 2010 4:24 pm

rbgrocio wrote:We get all our grades at the same time either this Thursday or Friday!!!! I have mixed feelings: i dunno if i want to see them or not.
I don't think you'll know if you want to see them until after you've seen them.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue May 18, 2010 4:25 pm

rbgrocio wrote:We get all our grades at the same time either this Thursday or Friday!!!! I have mixed feelings: i dunno if i want to see them or not.
i am insanely jealous.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 18, 2010 4:30 pm

vanwinkle wrote:

Well... the feeling that I have is that I'm not going to be happy with them! I felt like crap after each final. I guess I'm too hard on myself... but every time I forget to put something on a final I beat myself to death.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Tue May 18, 2010 6:16 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

Well... the feeling that I have is that I'm not going to be happy with them! I felt like crap after each final. I guess I'm too hard on myself... but every time I forget to put something on a final I beat myself to death.
FYi I felt like crap after EVERY final in law school, except one, Con law, thought I rocked it, see above, was my worst grade in law school. At least for me there seemed to be a direct corrleation, worse I thought I did, better i actually did.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Matthies wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:

FYi I felt like crap after EVERY final in law school, except one, Con law, thought I rocked it, see above, was my worst grade in law school. At least for me there seemed to be a direct corrleation, worse I thought I did, better i actually did.
I hope that's true, Matthies. I had a horrible nightmare after property. I think I'm still suffering flashbacks. Please let it be a good grade!

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Tue May 18, 2010 6:26 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: I hope that's true, Matthies. I had a horrible nightmare after property. I think I'm still suffering flashbacks. Please let it be a good grade!
Like I said before propety and civ pro tend to be toss up classes, they are subjects that no one can master the whole area, if you get questions you know your great, if not, so be it, but it effects EVERYONE like that. If you meat somome who tells you they know property cold do one of two things: know they are absloutly clueless, or punche them in the nose.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:I hope that's true, Matthies. I had a horrible nightmare after property. I think I'm still suffering flashbacks. Please let it be a good grade!
haha, same here! we were handed back our exams in class, which added to the himiliation, and i received a 75. upon handing me my exam, my professor asked, "sanpiero, would you like to talk about this after class?" naturally, we don't even have a numerical grading system. still, i was the happiest person on earth when i realized my dream was just a dream.

EDIT: unnecessary grammar edit necessary to someone who's ocd
Last edited by sanpiero on Tue May 18, 2010 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Tue May 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Matthies wrote:FYi I felt like crap after EVERY final in law school, except one, Con law, thought I rocked it, see above, was my worst grade in law school. At least for me there seemed to be a direct corrleation, worse I thought I did, better i actually did.
I keep seeing this repeated on TLS. Last semester, I predicted my grades pretty accurately based on how I felt about the exam. Albeit this is only one semester we're talking about. Anyway, I'm rationalizing away my irrational fears based on how I felt about my exams this semester. So please don't tell me I'm wrong. Please don't. Please.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Tue May 18, 2010 8:06 pm

Matthies wrote:FYi I felt like crap after EVERY final in law school, except one, Con law, thought I rocked it, see above, was my worst grade in law school. At least for me there seemed to be a direct corrleation, worse I thought I did, better i actually did.
Last semester, I ended up not feeling like crap on exactly one exam, and it was the one I later discovered I tanked.

My problem now is that I don't feel like crap about two of my exams. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I tanked them both!

eth3n

Bronze

Post by eth3n » Tue May 18, 2010 8:19 pm

seespotrun wrote: Last semester, I predicted my grades pretty accurately based on how I felt about the exam. Albeit this is only one semester we're talking about. Anyway, I'm rationalizing away my irrational fears based on how I felt about my exams this semester. So please don't tell me I'm wrong. Please don't. Please.
I feel the same way, thought I destroyed two exams and felt like I failed one, exactly how it turned out. I felt like I did very well this semester, so we will see what happens, we should poll this after grades come out for future 1Ls to freak out over.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Tue May 18, 2010 8:28 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
Last semester, I ended up not feeling like crap on exactly one exam, and it was the one I later discovered I tanked.

My problem now is that I don't feel like crap about two of my exams. I'm hoping that doesn't mean I tanked them both!

I don't think how you feel immediately walking out of the exam has any correlation; you're too high on adrenaline to get an accurate read, anyway.

However, in the days and weeks that follow, the degree to which you keep waking up thinking of stuff you could have wrote on your exam but didn't is the degree to which to you sink further and further away from that CALI award.
Last edited by solidsnake on Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nahgems

Bronze

Post by nahgems » Tue May 18, 2010 8:31 pm

sanpiero wrote:what are everyone's respective lag times like for grade release? it's been only 15 days since my first exam, so i think it's way too early to start compulsively checking my transcript; but, i can't remember what our lag times were like last semester. i'm pretty sure my first grade came out within two weeks of the exam. i'm just rambling at this point but my question to you, fellow Pennoyers, is this: when is it socially acceptable to begin compulsively checking the registrar's site for grades? :D
Last semester it was 26 days from our last exam to when they released grades. I'm hoping that (because it included winter break?) it might be shorter this time. My last exam was the 6th. I'm compulsively checking my online transcript.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 pm

vanwinkle wrote:

Last semester I felt pretty good about Con. Law and it was my lowest grade. I felt like crap about Contracts, and I got a beautiful A. However, this semester I feel like crap about every final except for one. It is impossible that now I'm going to have 4 As and a B.... lol. I just know it is not going to happen!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Wed May 19, 2010 2:35 am

woke up today and the realization that i likely bombed every exam hit me

fml

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”