Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 2:10 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:I officially predict I will not sleep tonight. Any bets? Note: I promise to try to get to sleep, so there will be no purposeful twisting of the outcome.


Please get some sleep, A'nold!


Look who's talking easter time chick! :wink:

Want in on the bet? How many hours of sleep will A'nold get tonight?

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 2:19 am

A'nold wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:I officially predict I will not sleep tonight. Any bets? Note: I promise to try to get to sleep, so there will be no purposeful twisting of the outcome.


Please get some sleep, A'nold!


Look who's talking easter time chick! :wink:

Want in on the bet? How many hours of sleep will A'nold get tonight?


I don't have a final tomorrow! I'm betting on six hours, because you're going to sleep now! <3

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 2:35 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:I officially predict I will not sleep tonight. Any bets? Note: I promise to try to get to sleep, so there will be no purposeful twisting of the outcome.


Please get some sleep, A'nold!


Look who's talking easter time chick! :wink:

Want in on the bet? How many hours of sleep will A'nold get tonight?


I don't have a final tomorrow! I'm betting on six hours, because you're going to sleep now! <3


Lol. Well then, you will automatically lose, muahahahaha! :twisted:


Guys, I freaking kid you not, I am still adding things to my outline and this is what I wrote in my notes on this one topic for contracts:

Over the 6 year relationship it should be inferred that they were not required to blah blah blah. THIS WILL BE ON THE EXAM, 100%. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.



I am so happy that I set myself up to succeed on this exam, lol.

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 2:41 am

A'nold wrote:Lol. Well then, you will automatically lose, muahahahaha! :twisted:


Guys, I freaking kid you not, I am still adding things to my outline and this is what I wrote in my notes on this one topic for contracts:

Over the 6 year relationship it should be inferred that they were not required to blah blah blah. THIS WILL BE ON THE EXAM, 100%. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.



I am so happy that I set myself up to succeed on this exam, lol.


Please tell me you'll try to sleep! Comfort yourself with the fact that you didn't just fail property the way I did. I am certain I got curve pwnt in a most painful manner, and my GPA will be as shredded as a Rodarte runway creation.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 2:48 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:Lol. Well then, you will automatically lose, muahahahaha! :twisted:


Guys, I freaking kid you not, I am still adding things to my outline and this is what I wrote in my notes on this one topic for contracts:

Over the 6 year relationship it should be inferred that they were not required to blah blah blah. THIS WILL BE ON THE EXAM, 100%. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.



I am so happy that I set myself up to succeed on this exam, lol.


Please tell me you'll try to sleep! Comfort yourself with the fact that you didn't just fail property the way I did. I am certain I got curve pwnt in a most painful manner, and my GPA will be as shredded as a Rodarte runway creation.


I seriously doubt you got median. You may have gotten a grade slightly above median, at worst, but when all of your other grades are tops you will still be doing great at a great school. :)

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 am

A'nold wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
A'nold wrote:Lol. Well then, you will automatically lose, muahahahaha! :twisted:


Guys, I freaking kid you not, I am still adding things to my outline and this is what I wrote in my notes on this one topic for contracts:

Over the 6 year relationship it should be inferred that they were not required to blah blah blah. THIS WILL BE ON THE EXAM, 100%. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT.



I am so happy that I set myself up to succeed on this exam, lol.


Please tell me you'll try to sleep! Comfort yourself with the fact that you didn't just fail property the way I did. I am certain I got curve pwnt in a most painful manner, and my GPA will be as shredded as a Rodarte runway creation.


I seriously doubt you got median. You may have gotten a grade slightly above median, at worst, but when all of your other grades are tops you will still be doing great at a great school. :)


Oh, A'nold, you forget: It's not like I have a 4.0, and my present GPA is calculated from two grades. That's it. Even SeaLocust admitted that isn't a large enough sample to draw conclusions about further grades. I could have a C-, and whatever it is, it's going to matter, because I'll only have five graded classes this year. I have got to make torts happen.

EDIT: not in the literal sense.

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby sanpiero » Fri May 14, 2010 2:59 am

just remembered i forgot to raise the diminished capacity defense on my long crim law issue spotter essay. Bright side is there were about ten other defenses to be raised (the defendant killed A LOT of ppl). Bad news is we had four hours, so it's pretty unlikely the top students missed a possible defense. There goes my A (and may A-, too)! AWESOME!

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby sanpiero » Fri May 14, 2010 3:01 am

PS - good luck on your last final, OS and A'nold!! :D

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 3:02 am

sanpiero wrote:PS - good luck on your last final, OS and A'nold!! :D


Thank you! Are you finished, or do you have another?

User avatar
sanpiero
Posts: 574
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:09 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby sanpiero » Fri May 14, 2010 3:24 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
sanpiero wrote:PS - good luck on your last final, OS and A'nold!! :D


Thank you! Are you finished, or do you have another?


Finished as of weds. Write-on due tomorrow...or i guess today, now. Get some rest!

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 3:27 am

sanpiero wrote:PS - good luck on your last final, OS and A'nold!! :D


Good luck to you guys too!

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 3:37 am

Luck to Sanpiero, and Vanwinkle, A'nold, and all the others taking finals tomorrow! Now I will attempt to go sleep.

<3

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby apper123 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:53 am

loooooooooooooooooool @ people who still have finals

signed,

-apper [who did whatever the hell he wanted today: went on a date, drank lots of beer, watched The Pacific on HBO, went to bed at a time of his choosing (now!)... all of that not necessarily in that order]

SUCKAAAAAAAAAS

(in all seriousness GL everyone if you have finals left for the rest of the week and next week!!!!)

this post brought to you by: Magic Hat #9 and Sierra Nevada Ale

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby 06132010 » Fri May 14, 2010 4:12 am

disco_barred wrote:No optimism and no reason. As far as I can tell, 99%+ of the 1Ls I know on this board and IRL feel like everything is going to hell, exams are horrible, performance will never repeat, etc.

Self loathe with me!

(changed 'ITT' to 'Pennoyer' to keep 0Ls / the lounge out. It's a total non sequitur. Pennoyer is like a "why did we do this to ourselves" law student shibboleth)


it is what is is. if you talk about it after, prepare to get slapped.

User avatar
A'nold
Posts: 3622
Joined: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:07 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby A'nold » Fri May 14, 2010 4:47 am

Still up, yeeeeeeeehaw! *cowboy hat smiley*

Edit: Still up at 3:07.

User avatar
rbgrocio
Posts: 560
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:58 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby rbgrocio » Fri May 14, 2010 7:08 am

sanpiero wrote:just remembered i forgot to raise the diminished capacity defense on my long crim law issue spotter essay. Bright side is there were about ten other defenses to be raised (the defendant killed A LOT of ppl). Bad news is we had four hours, so it's pretty unlikely the top students missed a possible defense. There goes my A (and may A-, too)! AWESOME!



lol... We had an issue spotter too and everyone forgot something different if it makes you feel better, and all the top students (including myself) forgot some stuff. Ones forgo felony-murder, other like me raised felony-murder but forgot to say that it would not work because of merger. I also forgot to mention attempted theft. Don't worry!!!! Everyone will forget something.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby vanwinkle » Fri May 14, 2010 8:22 am

This is it! Last exam of 1L!!!

Just remember, everyone:

--ImageRemoved--

(Seriously, though, everyone in this thread will do great! Median or better for all!)

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby 06132010 » Fri May 14, 2010 11:00 am

vanwinkle wrote:This is it! Last exam of 1L!!!

Just remember, everyone:

--ImageRemoved--

(Seriously, though, everyone in this thread will do great! Median or better for all!)


it means you failed at something. sorry, couragewolf.

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby eth3n » Fri May 14, 2010 11:07 am

In the room that sent me into 1L grade splitter-ville last semester, t-minus 55 min. It is just me and two other incredibly worried people. Why is the wait the worst part?

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby vanwinkle » Fri May 14, 2010 12:22 pm

I no longer belong in this thread, because as of now, I am considering myself a 2L.

:wink: 8) :lol:

User avatar
OperaSoprano
Posts: 4410
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:54 am

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby OperaSoprano » Fri May 14, 2010 12:29 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I no longer belong in this thread, because as of now, I am considering myself a 2L.

:wink: 8) :lol:


Congratulations, and I hate you for always finishing early!

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby mac.empress » Fri May 14, 2010 3:12 pm

vanwinkle wrote:I no longer belong in this thread, because as of now, I am considering myself a 2L.

:wink: 8) :lol:


+1 Hell yeah!!!!!!!!

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby apper123 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm

lol i had this crazy dream last night that i had an exam on health law or something and i knew NOTHING about the course... just attended a review session at the end of the year that i slept entirely through. and then i had to BS the entire exam just to get by! it was awful! hopefully i cali'd it in my dream world (since it is my dream world and i can make anything i want happen)

06132010
Posts: 597
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:02 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby 06132010 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:42 pm

apper123 wrote:lol i had this crazy dream last night that i had an exam on health law or something and i knew NOTHING about the course... just attended a review session at the end of the year that i slept entirely through. and then i had to BS the entire exam just to get by! it was awful! hopefully i cali'd it in my dream world (since it is my dream world and i can make anything i want happen)


could you dream that you were less of a douche?

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Postby apper123 » Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm

booyakasha45 wrote:
apper123 wrote:lol i had this crazy dream last night that i had an exam on health law or something and i knew NOTHING about the course... just attended a review session at the end of the year that i slept entirely through. and then i had to BS the entire exam just to get by! it was awful! hopefully i cali'd it in my dream world (since it is my dream world and i can make anything i want happen)


could you dream that you were less of a douche?


how does anything about my post even REMOTELY hint at me being a douche?

-had a dream that i had at est i was unprepared for
-screwed up preparing for it
-think i bombed it
-hope i can manipulate my dreamworld so i get a CALI in it because it's my dreamworld and i control everything

WHAT A DOUCHE!!!
Last edited by apper123 on Fri May 14, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest