Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Wed May 19, 2010 2:37 am

apper123 wrote:woke up today and the realization that i likely bombed every exam hit me

fml
Congratulations on joining the club!

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed May 19, 2010 3:01 am

Okay: Checking your grades once in the middle of the day.

Questionable: Checking again after 5 just to make sure they haven't updated in the afternoon.

Pathetic: Checking again at 3AM before going to bed in case they uploaded something in the evenings.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Wed May 19, 2010 3:03 am

vanwinkle wrote:Pathetic: Checking again at 3AM before going to bed in case they uploaded something in the evenings.
Literally just did this.

RW65

Bronze

Post by RW65 » Wed May 19, 2010 10:51 am

vanwinkle wrote: Pathetic: Checking again at 3AM before going to bed in case they uploaded something in the evenings.
My school website states that they only upload grades once a day, at 7am. However, I often check at ~2 AM and grades are posted in the middle of the night.

baby lawyer

New

Post by baby lawyer » Wed May 19, 2010 10:56 am

RW65 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote: Pathetic: Checking again at 3AM before going to bed in case they uploaded something in the evenings.
My school website states that they only upload grades once a day, at 7am. However, I often check at ~2 AM and grades are posted in the middle of the night.
Now I foresee myself tossing and turning in bed and rebooting my desktop every few hours to check for grades in the weeks to come. :(

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Wed May 19, 2010 9:08 pm

i have a good feeling about tomorrow. here's to seeing at least one one grade reported! :D

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Wed May 19, 2010 10:06 pm

sanpiero wrote:i have a good feeling about tomorrow. here's to seeing at least one one grade reported! :D
This is one of the saddest thing about law school: We get excited about the idea of finding out when our grades post more than what those grades are.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Wed May 19, 2010 10:15 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
sanpiero wrote:i have a good feeling about tomorrow. here's to seeing at least one one grade reported! :D
This is one of the saddest thing about law school: We get excited about the idea of finding out when our grades post more than what those grades are.
LMAO. Sooo very true.

And my Pass/Fail WOA grade is in. Woohoo! I hate that the first grade I have is the one I already knew.

The rest of them come out mid-July, but I am hoping some professors love us (or at least tolerate us) enough to post them sooner.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed May 19, 2010 11:58 pm

I haven't even thought about bidding b/c I hope to transfer. I want to bid in a way (at my transfer school, hopefully) that gives me the best chance of landing a 2L SA. I don't care about firm prestige or anything, just getting in and getting paid for my 2L summer and not being out in the cold as a 3L.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 12:15 am

A'nold wrote:I haven't even thought about bidding b/c I hope to transfer. I want to bid in a way (at my transfer school, hopefully) that gives me the best chance of landing a 2L SA. I don't care about firm prestige or anything, just getting in and getting paid for my 2L summer and not being out in the cold as a 3L.
+1. I am not concerned the least bit with prestige. I am going to bid on firms where I actually might have a shot of getting hired, this way I can (hopefully) have more options/offers. I just want to get a job. Not asking for much.

And Amy - it's too soon to panic!! Law review can still save us. :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 am

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:I haven't even thought about bidding b/c I hope to transfer. I want to bid in a way (at my transfer school, hopefully) that gives me the best chance of landing a 2L SA. I don't care about firm prestige or anything, just getting in and getting paid for my 2L summer and not being out in the cold as a 3L.
+1. I am not concerned the least bit with prestige. I am going to bid on firms where I actually might have a shot of getting hired, this way I can (hopefully) have more options/offers. I just want to get a job. Not asking for much.

Exactly. I don't care if it is NALP 250, 1,000 or Shitlaw McGee power rankings, as long as I have a job that pays well lined up I will be happy.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 1:13 am

A'nold wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:

Exactly. I don't care if it is NALP 250, 1,000 or Shitlaw McGee power rankings, as long as I have a job that pays well lined up I will be happy.
Well if that's the case, let's find a third person (hopefully rich), and start our own firm. There - problem solved. :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 1:21 am

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:

Well if that's the case, let's find a third person (hopefully rich), and start our own firm. There - problem solved. :D
Let's do it. I hope to be your classmate next year anyway. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 am

A'nold wrote:

OMG - I didn't realize you were applying here as a transfer! Ahh - that would be awesome. I think you're one of the first people I ever talked to on here. :D

Are you also applying to "that other school" (cough, cough) on the other side of the Bay??

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 1:55 am

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

OMG - I didn't realize you were applying here as a transfer! Ahh - that would be awesome. I think you're one of the first people I ever talked to on here. :D

Are you also applying to "that other school" (cough, cough) on the other side of the Bay??
Haha, I actually don't know what school you are referring to! Stanford? If it is, then YEAH RIGHT! I don't think I've ever seen them accept a t3 transfer.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 1:58 am

A'nold wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Haha, I actually don't know what school you are referring to! Stanford? If it is, then YEAH RIGHT! I don't think I've ever seen them accept a t3 transfer.
You'll get used to calling them "that other school" once you get into Berkeley. :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 2:06 am

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:
IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Haha, I actually don't know what school you are referring to! [strike]Stanford[/strike]? If it is, then YEAH RIGHT! I don't think I've ever seen them accept a t3 transfer.
You'll get used to calling them "that other school" once you get into Berkeley. :D
Hold on, let me fix that then ^^^^^ I would die to get in to Berkeley.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 2:10 am

A'nold wrote:

So exciting!! And congrats on clearly rocking out this year. :D

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 2:15 am

IzziesGal wrote:
A'nold wrote:

So exciting!! And congrats on clearly rocking out this year. :D
Thanks! I hope we are classmates next fall. :)

frost

Bronze

Post by frost » Thu May 20, 2010 11:05 am

so glad i found this thread. i echo the sentiments of those who have no idea how they did, that's what i feel like this semester too. i was also banking on doing well in legal writing, just got my grade today and it wasn't good. glad i have a place to commiserate. but it still puts a smile on my face every time i think about the fact that i never have to do 1L year again.

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 pm

frost wrote:i was also banking on doing well in legal writing, just got my grade today and it wasn't good.
ours will be out by tomorrow and i don't have a terribly good feeling about it. at least at our school, where the difference between an A- and a B could be two or three grammatical/spelling errors, graded legal writing classes are a joke. this, coupled with the subjective nature of the grading, only adds to my anxiety.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:47 pm

got my first grade today

lowest grade ive ever gotten

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

irrational fears [x] confirmed

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

apper123 wrote:got my first grade today

What class was it in and was it still over median?

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Thu May 20, 2010 3:50 pm

A'nold wrote:

it was a B+ (3.3) on a 3.0 curve in an elective filled with 2Ls and 3Ls

really still kinda surprised cause i thought i killed that test. i do concede i kinda screwed up one question, but i didnt think i missed that much, esp since i decided to do an elective extra writing assignment that made the exam only worth 80% of the grade.

thankfully it's only a 3 credit course and most of ours are 4 credits, so i can still maintain top 5% as long as i didnt bomb any other classes, which i likely did.

what sucks is i wont know any other grades for another month.

IzziesGal

Silver

Post by IzziesGal » Thu May 20, 2010 4:02 pm

apper123 wrote:
A'nold wrote:

it was a B+ (3.3) on a 3.0 curve in an elective filled with 2Ls and 3Ls

really still kinda surprised cause i thought i killed that test. i do concede i kinda screwed up one question, but i didnt think i missed that much, esp since i decided to do an elective extra writing assignment that made the exam only worth 80% of the grade.

thankfully it's only a 3 credit course and most of ours are 4 credits, so i can still maintain top 5% as long as i didnt bomb any other classes, which i likely did.

what sucks is i wont know any other grades for another month.
Not be an ass, but I don't see how a B+ is such a horrible grade. I have heard of people getting Ds in their classes, and THAT is something to be upset about. I don't understand how a B+ is such an awful thing.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”