Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rbgrocio

Silver

Re: Pennoyer: irrational fears of 1Ls who did well last semester

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm going from the top of my class to the bottom!!!! I f.... suck!

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:35 pm

jp0094 wrote:
eth3n wrote:
jp0094 wrote:Civ pro tomorrow. Looking through my notes we apparently spent only one class session on joinder. Can't wait for the inevitable situation where 50% of the multiple choice section covers joinder.
don't underestimate joinder, one early mistake in a massive joinder clusterfuck led to my only horrible grade in law school.
I followed the advice of the TLSers here and sure enough, joinder essay question. Studying of joinder helped no doubt. I think I crushed civ pro, but then again, my feelings are never right on these things.
We didn't do joinder in my class at all...very thankful for that. However, professor said numerous times that Erie was going to be on it...I studied the shit out of it and either 1) was too stupid to even spot the Erie problem in a question or 2) he lied.

Thought that was kind of a dick move.

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon May 10, 2010 2:36 pm

rbgrocio wrote:I'm going from the top of my class to the bottom!!!! I f.... suck!
what happen

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 2:58 pm

betasteve wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I'm going from the top of my class to the bottom!!!! I f.... suck!
Naa... best grades then worst grades make you median, not the bottom. hth. :P

At any rate, sucks... Bet it isn't as bad as you think, though.
The guy committed an aggravated assault which was a felony in the state of "fantasia" then the victim died.... and I charged him with aggravated assault and then with felony murder... but i can't do that because of the stupid merger rule.... shit! and then I forgot to charge one of the guys with attempted theft.... which would have allowed me to felony murder without having to use the aggravated assault, which he also violated... However, in that case there would have been the problem that usually only dangerous felonies count for purposes of felony murder. In any event, I did felony murder where I shouldnt and i didnt raise attempted theft. And the policy question was whether certain things should be made affirmative defenses and whether the burden should be preponderance of the evidence placed on the defendant or something else which I don't remember what it was because oh yeah... I didn't read the question the right way. Anyway.... I ended up talking about whether they should be affirmative defenses and whether the burden should be on the prosecution or in the defense, which was not what the question asked....

I'm totally getting a C, B-

And I'm not number 1 or even close in my class. I'm in the top but not single digits... so getting a bad gpa probably means no top ten percent for me...

sullidop

Bronze

Post by sullidop » Mon May 10, 2010 4:01 pm

rbgrocio wrote:
betasteve wrote:
Naa... best grades then worst grades make you median, not the bottom. hth. :P

At any rate, sucks... Bet it isn't as bad as you think, though.
The guy committed an aggravated assault which was a felony in the state of "fantasia" then the victim died.... and I charged him with aggravated assault and then with felony murder... but i can't do that because of the stupid merger rule.... shit! and then I forgot to charge one of the guys with attempted theft.... which would have allowed me to felony murder without having to use the aggravated assault, which he also violated... However, in that case there would have been the problem that usually only dangerous felonies count for purposes of felony murder. In any event, I did felony murder where I shouldnt and i didnt raise attempted theft. And the policy question was whether certain things should be made affirmative defenses and whether the burden should be preponderance of the evidence placed on the defendant or something else which I don't remember what it was because oh yeah... I didn't read the question the right way. Anyway.... I ended up talking about whether they should be affirmative defenses and whether the burden should be on the prosecution or in the defense, which was not what the question asked....

I'm totally getting a C, B-

And I'm not number 1 or even close in my class. I'm in the top but not single digits... so getting a bad gpa probably means no top ten percent for me...
Felony-Murder and Pinkerton is a bitch. Might not be a big deal for the Pinkerton liability though, it's not MPC and most states don't allow felony-murder to be imputed from it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Mon May 10, 2010 4:08 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
A'nold wrote:
jp0094 wrote:Civ pro tomorrow. Looking through my notes we apparently spent only one class session on joinder. Can't wait for the inevitable situation where 50% of the multiple choice section covers joinder.
Read the joinder section of the E&E before tomorrow. Very important.
Read both sections on joinder. The second section on joinder ties all of the loose ends back together.
Yup. I ran out of time in the fall and only read the first one.

NOT JOINDER SECURE

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Why do I need to study all semester long to mess up during finals?

eth3n

Bronze

Post by eth3n » Mon May 10, 2010 4:47 pm

rbgrocio wrote:Why do I need to study all semester long to mess up during finals?
Rookie mistake

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 5:04 pm

eth3n wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:Why do I need to study all semester long to mess up during finals?
Rookie mistake
I guess.... But I do not work well under pressure, so I dont want to leave everything for reading period. Last semester I did just that and came out dong well... this semester, probably not so much! I feel defeated.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon May 10, 2010 5:06 pm

While walking out of my closed book crimlaw final I also realized I had done at least two things wrong, and I wanted to stab myself in the face. (Confused conspiracy defense with accomplice defense). Oh well, I guess I shouldn't work at the DA.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 5:11 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:While walking out of my closed book crimlaw final I also realized I had done at least two things wrong, and I wanted to stab myself in the face. (Confused conspiracy defense with accomplice defense). Oh well, I guess I shouldn't work at the DA.

Welcome to the club!!!! I did horrible if it makes you feel any better. Shit!!! I knew Crim!!!

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Mon May 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Three things:

1- You don't know how you really did until grades come out
2- No good will come of thinking you did badly
3- Worry about the things you can control in the future and not the things you can't in the past

If your done with exams, stop thinking about them and go do something fun.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon May 10, 2010 6:32 pm

The goal of finals is not to not mess up. It's just to mess up less than your classmates. If you managed that much, you've won.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Mon May 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Matthies wrote:If your done with exams, stop thinking about them and go do something fun.
I can't. There's a write-on.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 6:40 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
The goal of finals is not to not mess up. It's just to mess up less than your classmates. If you managed that much, you've won.

I know that but I still messed up!!! and i feel bad when i put effort and do poorly.

Matthies

Silver

Post by Matthies » Mon May 10, 2010 6:44 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:
Matthies wrote:If your done with exams, stop thinking about them and go do something fun.
Yea your life sucks then

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Leeroy Jenkins wrote:

I feel your pain. I have my last final on Thursday. I have write on From Saturday to the following Saturday May 22. I start summer semester on May 24. I start working full time June 1st. I feel tired only thinking about all that!!!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Mon May 10, 2010 7:09 pm

rbgrocio wrote:I know that but I still messed up!!! and i feel bad when i put effort and do poorly.
Law school is kind of wierd that way, because an exam can make you mess up and feel terrible, and still give you an A- a month later.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 7:11 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
rbgrocio wrote:I know that but I still messed up!!! and i feel bad when i put effort and do poorly.
Law school is kind of wierd that way, because an exam can make you mess up and feel terrible, and still give you an A- a month later.

Very true, and it can make you cry of happiness when you get that A or A- after you thought you did horribly. However, I know that for the next month I'm going to have nightmares thinking that I'm going to have a 2.7 GPA or some crap like that.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Mon May 10, 2010 7:50 pm

Property exam in T-minus 13 hours. I feel pretty prepared. And, of course, by "prepared," I mean horny. And, of course, by "horny," I mean unprepared.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Mon May 10, 2010 8:31 pm

betasteve wrote:
seespotrun wrote:Property exam in T-minus 13 hours. I feel pretty prepared. And, of course, by "prepared," I mean horny. And, of course, by "horny," I mean unprepared.
You'll be fine. And by fine, of course, I mean get laid. And, of course, by "get laid," I mean fucked.
EPIC WIN!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Big Shrimpin

Gold

Post by Big Shrimpin » Mon May 10, 2010 8:37 pm

Last edited by Big Shrimpin on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 8:53 pm

seespotrun wrote:Property exam in T-minus 13 hours. I feel pretty prepared. And, of course, by "prepared," I mean horny. And, of course, by "horny," I mean unprepared.

lol

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Mon May 10, 2010 9:01 pm

So at my school they make us take international law as part of our foundational courses. The funny thing is that they don't even give us a book and they pick up random readings that make no sense for us to learn. They don't pick a book because the books, the faculty says, are too advanced for 1ls... lol... Why even make it a foundational courses? I hate life right now.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon May 10, 2010 10:07 pm

I can't believe so many people are finished, or nearly so. My classmates and I don't even start til Wednesday. My study partner and I are hammering out property over dosas. Our professor really cares about cases, to our great chagrin, so we're trying to quiz ourselves on Loretto and Feist and Braschi and Shelley v. Kraemer. Now she's asking me the difference between negative easements and equitable servitudes, but my mind won't function. This is not some minor policy point. There is literally no property in my brain! (At least not according to Moore v. Regents...)

T-44 hours, roughly speaking.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”