Non-gunner's guide to surviving law school?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
underachiever

Re: Slacker's guide to surviving law school?

Postby underachiever » Tue May 04, 2010 6:30 pm

disco_barred wrote:
mrm2083 wrote:lol I knew I'd geta lot of shit for posting that but I think it's good to hear how people get by on the minimum and then add on from there instead of hearing the maximum and reducing.

Listen up, kid: your first year of law school everyone's balls - even people who HAVE NO BALLS - will hit the wall. You cannot slack 1L. The pressure is too intense as is the demand. If you slack, you'll be at serious risk for bottom 5%. Too much happens first semester: you're not prepping for exams, you're learning WTF the law is, an exam is, a case is, latin is, etc.

I'm going to call bullshit on this one disco_barred...law school isn't rocket science and the old outline + notes method works for some (all the time, or at least a few weeks into reading case after case just to show you can do it)

Postby 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 6:58 pm

Last edited by 270910 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

underachiever

Postby underachiever » Tue May 04, 2010 7:11 pm

disco_barred wrote:You're right, and I concede that I overstated my point. I still think starting law school day one with an "LLOL CASES" mentality is likely to lead to a disaster. It takes a certain amount of time and effort to get comfortable with the process, and I feel like never reading a case would be a recipe for disaster.

This is very true. Plus it is fun to have some 1L "war" stories to share for the rest of your life.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”