Final Exam Study Question

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
sanpiero

Final Exam Study Question

Postby sanpiero » Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Curious to know what TLS-ers do after they've finished their outline, studied their outline, and finished all the pertinent professor's previous exams???

Thoughts?

The exam is Property, if that is of any help.

TYIA

apper123

Re: Final Exam Study Question

Postby apper123 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:35 pm

CALI

Postby 98234872348 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:38 pm

apper123 wrote:CALI

Cali lessons are alright, although a lot of the time I find it discussing topics outside the scope of my course which annoys me to no end.

I typically pick up hornbooks/crunchtimes/gilberts/emmanuels and just either do problems or read them over trying to gain new perspectives on my subject.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Sat May 01, 2010 4:43 pm

betasteve wrote:I make up hypos will sitting nude in a dark room. This usually involves fake blood, a whiteboard, 7 sheets of college ruled (ONLY college-ruled) paper, 3 black pens, 2 red pens, 1 purple pen, and a HB lead pencil. I typically listen to Enya or Marilyn Manson during this time.

Fake blood? Not hardcore enough. Prepare to just miss LR.

orangeswarm

Postby orangeswarm » Sat May 01, 2010 4:57 pm

apper123 wrote:CALI

If I remember correctly, CALI did have some good property lessons.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Sat May 01, 2010 4:58 pm

I owe CALI for my A in property

sanpiero

Postby sanpiero » Sat May 01, 2010 6:16 pm

apper123 wrote:I owe CALI for my A in property

Thanks for your input, apper. Is it possible to register for CALI without going through the CALI representative at your school (i.e. could I hop onto the site, pay, and go through some lessons tonight)?

What was your general approach to the lessons? Did you take written notes and then incorporate any insights into your outline after the lesson?

apper123

Postby apper123 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:31 pm

sanpiero wrote:
apper123 wrote:I owe CALI for my A in property

Thanks for your input, apper. Is it possible to register for CALI without going through the CALI representative at your school (i.e. could I hop onto the site, pay, and go through some lessons tonight)?

What was your general approach to the lessons? Did you take written notes and then incorporate any insights into your outline after the lesson?

I have no idea how the reg process works. They registered all of us here right away as CALI lessons were required for our LRW classes.

My approach was to just do them all. It was the practice that was important. I really wasn't outlining the course, but I'd take notes on things I made major mistakes on or wasn't even close on. If there was a concept I was screwing up over and over, I'd go to my commercial outline/class notes/etc. to check it out and relearn it.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat May 01, 2010 6:50 pm

I go to the law library without books or computer, sit down at a table, and just stare my classmates right in the face while they try and study.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Sat May 01, 2010 6:51 pm

Renzo wrote:I go to the law library without books or computer, sit down at a table, and just stare my classmates right in the face while they try and study.

Be sure and remind them that the rest of their lives depend on the outcome of these exams.

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Sat May 01, 2010 7:04 pm

When exams approach, I am usually done with my outlines and done taking practice exams several days in advance. So, I will empty my apartment's closet and set up an altar, sort of like this:

--ImageRemoved--

Two days before the exam, I will begin fasting. Then, the night before the exam, I will sacrifice something at the altar that symbolizes the next day's class (for instance, a baby calf for contracts or a fox for property). I will collect the chattel's blood in the goblet (on the far left of the table) and drink it. This has worked quite well for me.

mikeytwoshoes

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 pm

Cavalier wrote:When exams approach, I am usually done with my outlines and done taking practice exams several days in advance. So, I will empty my apartment's closet and set up an altar, sort of like this:

--ImageRemoved--

Two days before the exam, I will begin fasting. Then, the night before the exam, I will sacrifice something at the altar that symbolizes the next day's class (for instance, a baby calf for contracts or a fox for property). I will collect the chattel's blood in the goblet (on the far left of the table) and drink it. This has worked quite well for me.

--ImageRemoved--

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat May 01, 2010 7:53 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
Cavalier wrote:When exams approach, I am usually done with my outlines and done taking practice exams several days in advance. So, I will empty my apartment's closet and set up an altar, sort of like this:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Holy mother of god, that's funny.

2009 Prospective

Postby 2009 Prospective » Sat May 01, 2010 8:01 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Absolutely freakin hillarious

mikeytwoshoes

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat May 01, 2010 8:26 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:

--ImageRemoved--

--ImageRemoved--

Full disclosure: Mumblingtomyself posted that last year.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sat May 01, 2010 8:28 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:Full disclosure: Mumblingtomyself posted that last year.

Well, kudos to you for being able to remember shit for a whole year.

mikeytwoshoes

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat May 01, 2010 8:30 pm

Renzo wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:Full disclosure: Mumblingtomyself posted that last year.

Well, kudos to you for being able to remember shit for a whole year.

Be honest, you'll remember that picture on your death bed.

Thanks anyway.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Sat May 01, 2010 8:32 pm

sent that picture to everyone i know

those not in law school found it odd

Cavalier

Postby Cavalier » Sat May 01, 2010 8:56 pm

lol, that's amazing! I'm going to add it to my property outline.

Netopalis

Postby Netopalis » Sun May 02, 2010 6:59 pm

If you're really bored, try doing what one person did in the class above mine - focus on making your outline look beautiful. This one had drawings of the cases (Made in MS Paint), a variety of fonts and was inexplicably pink. Even us guys in the class used it, though, because the information was fantastic.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”