Semi-Pre-exam Freak Out Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Re: Semi-Pre-exam Freak Out

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Tue May 04, 2010 2:05 pm

disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:i got killed. just destroyed. wow. that was so brutal. i feel violated.

first time ive ever walked out of a law exam and not felt like i did well.
<3

You can't trust your post exam instincts. The curve, self doubt, adrenaline... whatever your instincts are (and they won't always be wrong) you still can't trust them. Just move on (to drinking, studying, or study-drinking depending on your circumstances).
I think you can trust your instincts w/r/t whether you did better or worse than last semester. That doesn't tell you anything about your grade but you can feel better/worse than last semester. I agree with disco about moving on but take a few hours (watch a movie, hang out at the bar, or engage in relentless masturbation) for yourself.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 04, 2010 2:34 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:
disco_barred wrote:
apper123 wrote:i got killed. just destroyed. wow. that was so brutal. i feel violated.

<3

You can't trust your post exam instincts. The curve, self doubt, adrenaline... whatever your instincts are (and they won't always be wrong) you still can't trust them. Just move on (to drinking, studying, or study-drinking depending on your circumstances).
I think you can trust your instincts w/r/t whether you did better or worse than last semester. That doesn't tell you anything about your grade but you can feel better/worse than last semester. I agree with disco about moving on but take a few hours (watch a movie, hang out at the bar, or engage in relentless masturbation) for yourself.

I had the most horrible nightmares last night. I couldn't sleep... My brain kept telling me that there were issues in the exam that I didn't see.... I hope I am just paranoid, and that I did not do horrible!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Tue May 04, 2010 2:49 pm

+1

So it begins - my descent into mediancrity

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Unemployed wrote:

+1

I'll believe it when I see the transcript.

Onward and upward! You guys can't go very much further upward, but you know what I mean.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Tue May 04, 2010 3:19 pm

apper123 wrote:Users browsing this forum: apper123, Arrow, mac.empress, pany1985, porkbraiser, soupisgood, stinger35 and 9 guests

I hope all these people live on the west coast
Nope! I had just woken up.

At around 3 a.m..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Tue May 04, 2010 3:24 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
Unemployed wrote:

+1

I'll believe it when I see the transcript.

Onward and upward! You guys can't go very much further upward, but you know what I mean.
Exam prep group meets in 1 hour to rehash the exam over drinks. Go or no go? I desperately need some drinks, and I don't think there are other people I can drink with on a Tuesday afternoon - especially because many of my classmates have 8 hour take homes.

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:27 pm

Unemployed wrote:
Exam prep group meets in 1 hour to rehash the exam over drinks. Go or no go? I desperately need some drinks, and I don't think there are other people I can drink with on a Tuesday afternoon - especially because many of my classmates have 8 hour take homes.
--ImageRemoved--

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Tue May 04, 2010 3:28 pm

disco_barred wrote:
Unemployed wrote:
--ImageRemoved--
I thought so.

I guess drinking alone while on TLS is better. :|

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Unemployed wrote:I thought so.

I guess drinking alone while on TLS is better. :|
--ImageRemoved--

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:34 pm

con law

i didn't feel like i drilled it (and i think you know when this has happened), but i didnt do as terrible as i thought

still not so happy... sitting there in the middle off an exam and coming to the realization you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about is an awful feeling. but i think i pulled something decent out of my head by the end. i dunno. we'll see.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 3:41 pm

Screw all of this, I wish we were all drinking right now. I have had enough of torts outlining, but torts hasn't had enough of me yet.

<3

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Tue May 04, 2010 3:44 pm

Drink for drinks (online)?

I have Miller High Life, PBR, Guinness Draught, California Cabs and Zins, Knob, Singleton and Laphroaig.

Do we have a match?

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 3:48 pm

Unemployed wrote:Drink for drinks (online)?

I have Miller High Life, PBR, Guinness Draught, California Cabs and Zins, Knob, Singleton and Laphroaig.

Do we have a match?
Posting on a message board: lame

Posting on a message board about law school: REALLY lame

Posting on a message board about law school about drinking alone after a final: This may actually be where I draw the line :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Unemployed

Silver

Post by Unemployed » Tue May 04, 2010 3:54 pm

disco_barred wrote:

Do we have a match?

Posting on a message board about law school about drinking alone after a final: This may actually be where I draw the line :P
But still better than drinking with my studymates rehashing the exam, right?

Edit: Damn it I think I'm going to meet up with 'em. Cheers!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:13 pm

Unemployed wrote:
disco_barred wrote:

Do we have a match?

But still better than drinking with my studymates rehashing the exam, right?

Edit: Damn it I think I'm going to meet up with 'em. Cheers!
You will regret this. There is no way you won't.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:24 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Screw all of this, I wish we were all drinking right now. I have had enough of torts outlining, but torts hasn't had enough of me yet.

<3
The island isn't done with you yet.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Tue May 04, 2010 4:54 pm

Two hours until test time...try to cram shit into my brain or just relax, eat pizza, and wait?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Tue May 04, 2010 5:01 pm

apper123 wrote:con law

i didn't feel like i drilled it (and i think you know when this has happened), but i didnt do as terrible as i thought

still not so happy... sitting there in the middle off an exam and coming to the realization you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about is an awful feeling. but i think i pulled something decent out of my head by the end. i dunno. we'll see.

I took con. law my first semester and it was my worst grade.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 5:32 pm

stinger35 wrote:Two hours until test time...try to cram shit into my brain or just relax, eat pizza, and wait?
Relax. There is at least a two hour relax zone before and after.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Tue May 04, 2010 5:46 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
stinger35 wrote:Two hours until test time...try to cram shit into my brain or just relax, eat pizza, and wait?
I'm doing it wrong then. I honor the two hour before zone, but then I have a two-hour "try not to puke and tell yourself it was better than it was" zone immediately after.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 6:13 pm

Renzo wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
I'm doing it wrong then. I honor the two hour before zone, but then I have a two-hour "try not to puke and tell yourself it was better than it was" zone immediately after.
There is a solution to this. Pay heed to the activities of your colleague uptown, minus the rehashing.

<3

And it was better than you think it was. I actually know how much you studied.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Wed May 05, 2010 1:37 am

apper123 wrote:con law

*Hugs apper123 and cries* I feel the same. Especially since I loved the subject and wanted to do well. And my classmates thought I would. But I sat the test. And I know.

stinger35

Silver

Post by stinger35 » Wed May 05, 2010 2:16 am

I already wrote most of what I wanted to say in the Pennoyer thread, but since I started this one....

someone please tell me I am gonna do well since I was first in my class last semester? I am such a self doubter. I imagine I sound like such a fucking idiot. But, Ive been drinkin. so ok.

rbgrocio

Silver

Post by rbgrocio » Wed May 05, 2010 8:42 am

Property in 24 hours!!! I can't wait to be done with on May 13... Honestly.... and who schedules a law review write on competition the day after finals? seriously????

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri May 07, 2010 5:16 pm

rbgrocio wrote:Property in 24 hours!!! I can't wait to be done with on May 13... Honestly.... and who schedules a law review write on competition the day after finals? seriously????
That is rough, but you will be awesome! Just be glad yours isn't over Memorial Day Weekend, as mine is!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”