Encouragement and good luck thread Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Encouragement and good luck thread

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 02, 2010 3:29 am

Unemployed wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Unemployed wrote:If I may vent... I'm going though old conlaw exams and the respective model answers, and I don't understand why we had to read all those commerce cases. All the model answers only use Darby, Lopez, Morrison, and Raich (+Wickard). Same goes for all the substantive due process + economic regulation cases. The model answers only use Lee Optical to dismiss SDP objections.
If I may vent, at least your professors gave you model answers. I have a grand total of four sample exams from my professors, and not one answer. This is the height of frustration.
Sorry. That's awful. I don't know what I would do without model answers...

Good night everyone.
I follow instructions carefully, and really think about what professors focused on in class. I also rely on GTM and the LEEWS manual, but I learn best by example, and it would be so much easier if they gave us model answers. No one else has them either, though, so there is that. I've been reading other model answers for inspiration. Is there anything else I can do? I need a pair of As.

'night!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 02, 2010 3:30 am

apper123 wrote:In my 7 classes I've taken this year that have finals (aka every class but legal writing), only 1 professor has provided model answers.
Did you hunt around for model answers from other professors? I've been doing that, but I definitely wish every professor had them on file.

apper123

Silver

Post by apper123 » Sun May 02, 2010 3:30 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
apper123 wrote:In my 7 classes I've taken this year that have finals (aka every class but legal writing), only 1 professor has provided model answers.
Did you hunt around for model answers from other professors? I've been doing that, but I definitely wish every professor had them on file.
Yeah, I did. I bought the Siegel's books and grabbed model answers from some of the exams posted in the sticky here. The ones from American were the most useful to me.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 02, 2010 3:33 am

apper123 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Yeah, I did. I bought the Siegel's books and grabbed model answers from some of the exams posted in the sticky here. The ones from American were the most useful to me.
Cool, I'll look at the American ones. I've been doing the CrunchTime problems as well. The biggest issue is our policy question in property. How did you handle policy questions?

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sun May 02, 2010 8:08 am

apper123 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Siegel? Which one? Or both? Or are there Siegels I don't know about?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

NewHere

Bronze

Post by NewHere » Sun May 02, 2010 10:26 am

Great OP, OperaSoprano. You're an asset to this site. Good luck with your finals!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun May 02, 2010 10:38 am

NewHere wrote:Great OP, OperaSoprano. You're an asset to this site. Good luck with your finals!
Thank you! You are a founding member of the site, so that means a lot. Congratulations on your upcoming graduation!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue May 04, 2010 9:48 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'm thrilled for my beloved school:

http://observerblog.wordpress.com/2010/ ... -benefits/

and of course, more good luck to this week's exam takers!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”