Burnout

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
A'nold

Burnout

Postby A'nold » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Damn. I've been in denial for quite some time now but I just can't deny it any longer. How did this happen? I still even had some steam left in me after finals last semester. I think it was the appellate brief and the other papers we had to write. LRW is worth so much this semester that I had to give a lot more effort than I envisioned b/f I started ls. My effort has almost certainly paid off, at least that's the vibe I get from my professor. However, it has left me a complete shell of who I was last semester and I can't believe I am posting so much on here/watching so much t.v. w/ the wife, etc. when I should be gunning to wrap this great GPA up and finish at the top of my class for the year.

How about you guys?

romothesavior

Re: Burnout

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:14 pm

Sorry to hear that a'nold. Given your success last semester though, I'm sure you'll get it together for finals and do just fine.

I found that when I was going through LSAT burnout, it helped to look at the TLS school profiles and go to my top choices' websites to remind myself why what I was doing was so important. It usually motivated me to get back to the LSAT books. Maybe reminding yourself of what is at stake and what you are capable of will motivate you to kick some ass as well?

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:19 pm

romothesavior wrote:Sorry to hear that a'nold. Given your success last semester though, I'm sure you'll get it together for finals and do just fine.

I found that when I was going through LSAT burnout, it helped to look at the TLS school profiles and go to my top choices' websites to remind myself why what I was doing was so important. It usually motivated me to get back to the LSAT books. Maybe reminding yourself of what is at stake and what you are capable of will motivate you to kick some ass as well?

I kid you not I am looking right now at my front door which has the most beautiful picture of the University of Michigan Law Quad that I could find. We decided to put that up a few weeks ago and I'm still being a loser and posting while I should be outlining. Gah!

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 pm

A'nold wrote:
romothesavior wrote:Sorry to hear that a'nold. Given your success last semester though, I'm sure you'll get it together for finals and do just fine.

I kid you not I am looking right now at my front door which has the most beautiful picture of the University of Michigan Law Quad that I could find. We decided to put that up a few weeks ago and I'm still being a loser and posting while I should be outlining. Gah!

:D That was the same picture I used to motivate myself. If I had just gotten one more LSAT question right, I'd be in Ann Arbor next fall.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:34 pm

romothesavior wrote:
A'nold wrote:

:D That was the same picture I used to motivate myself. If I had just gotten one more LSAT question right, I'd be in Ann Arbor next fall.

Well, you did land among the stars w/ a nice scholly to a great school, which would be a great fate for me too if I can't (and most likely won't) get Michigan.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:36 pm

A'nold wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
A'nold wrote:

Well, you did land among the stars w/ a nice scholly to a great school, which would be a great fate for me too if I can't (and most likely won't) get Michigan.

Thanks! I'm sure this burnout will pass soon and you'll be able to bounce back in time for finals. Good luck to you.

General Tso

Postby General Tso » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:42 pm

I am beyond burnt out. And I have my first final in 4 days :evil:

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:45 pm

A'nold.... Get your game face back on and get ready to kick some ass!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A little motivation from your Uncle Matlock, AKA, Tim Tebow!! :mrgreen:

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 pm

Mr. Matlock wrote:A'nold.... Get your game face back on and get ready to kick some ass!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey Tim! Can't wait to see you Elway it up....lulz.

Thanks Matlock, beat my ass back into shape man.

sf87

Postby sf87 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:47 pm

I feel your pain....the end is so close it's hard to stay motivated. Keep pushing through- it will pay off.

MeechiganBoy

Postby MeechiganBoy » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:50 pm

A'nold wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:A'nold.... Get your game face back on and get ready to kick some ass!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hey Tim! Can't wait to see you Elway it up....lulz.

Thanks Matlock, beat my ass back into shape man.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:51 pm

Tim Tebow wouldn't say ass out of fear of offending the good lord.

Mr. Matlock

Postby Mr. Matlock » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:01 am

romothesavior wrote:

This transition from Mr. Matlock into Tim Tebow is a lot harder than I ever imagined. :|

MeechiganBoy

Postby MeechiganBoy » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:12 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:
romothesavior wrote:

This transition from Mr. Matlock into Tim Tebow is a lot harder than I ever imagined. :|

Kchuck

Postby Kchuck » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:16 am

MeechiganBoy wrote:Image

Tebow of Nazareth

mikeytwoshoes

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:20 pm

--ImageRemoved--

engineer

Postby engineer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:33 pm

I'm also beyond burnout. I've promised myself that I will *not* snort anything or take anything to lessen the effects, though. So, with that in mind, I'm really only left with music and movies. Last night, I couldn't even bring myself to open a con law book, so I watched a pretty good movie. Inspirational/motivational movies (viz. Pursuit of Happyness) really help to push me forward. Music can do the same, but when I'm studying, I really only like to listen to classical or orchestral music (e.g. Ludovico Einaudi, James Horner, James Newton Howard (my favorite composer), Howard Shore, but not John Williams--his music is too obstreperous? for me...wow, I can't believe I used that word).

I don't know, it works for me. I also like the Getting Things Done method of an hour of work followed by a 5-10 minute break. I did that last week, and found myself studying 8 hours STRAIGHT per day.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:54 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:--ImageRemoved--

lol'd pretty hard at this

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”