Should I overnight Gilbert's for con law? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )

Should I overnight Gilbert's for con law?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 7

engineer

Bronze

Should I overnight Gilbert's for con law?

Post by engineer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:58 am

I have an exam on Thursday and Gilbert's property law guide is phenomenal. Is the quality similar for Con Law? I've already read Chemerinsky, and I'm considering overnighting the con law summary from amazon.

(yes, i'm aware that i'm a total basket case right now. forgive me.)

rekopter

New

Re: Should I overnight Gilbert's for con law?

Post by rekopter » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:01 am

No. Spend your time taking sample exams.

smalltown

New

Post by smalltown » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:02 am

Do you not have a bookstore in your municipality? Pretty awesome to have two CU responses on a three-post thread.

macattaq

Bronze

Post by macattaq » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:53 am

I won't be taking ConLaw until the fall, so I'm not familiar with the way the material is set up and tested. That being said, my thought is that adding new perspectives/information would stop you from developing a solid handle on the material. What I mean is, with the exam on Thursday, attempting to assimilate the info from Gilbert's will prevent you from consolidating the information already at your disposal and learning to apply it. It could very well turn out that you already have the knowledge, feel incredibly nervous/ill prepared, but you just need to make the necessary mental connections by practicing the application.

Plus, if memory serves, even if you order it right now, the order won't go through until Monday and you won't receive it until Tuesday?

engineer

Bronze

Post by engineer » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:05 am

macattaq wrote:Plus, if memory serves, even if you order it right now, the order won't go through until Monday and you won't receive it until Tuesday?
Good point.

I'll just quit bitching and use what I already have available.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 270910 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:04 am

Holy shit, you haven't read gilberts?

What about all the studies that suggest the more hornbooks a law student reads, the better they do? I took the initiative at the beginning of the semester to get some pre-release copies of hornbooks in the works, I'm going to PWN SOME BITCHES.

HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST SUPPLEMENTS WINS!1j1kljh!!!!11!11!1

Come on, Engineer. You've been around the block long enough to know this is stupid. Practice applying the constitution and its laws, you'll learn 10x more and 1,000x more usefully than if you just mindlessly digest another hornbook.

wiseowl

Silver

Post by wiseowl » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:01 pm

is your casebook Chemerinsky too?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”