BarBri question, for the 3Ls and law-school graduates

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
NewHere

BarBri question, for the 3Ls and law-school graduates

Postby NewHere » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:50 pm

BarBri sent an e-mail saying:

In May, your Multistate preparation continues with Step 2: The MBE Preview™, a five day program, available via streaming video, at barbri.com. The MBE Preview TM provides a series of diagnostic exams and question-focused review for all six MBE subjects. Additionally, you get a 100-question mixed-subject exam and review that tests your knowledge of Multistate fundamentals. The MBE Preview™ is uniquely designed to reveal the subtleties of the Multistate exam before your bar review course begins. We suggest you do the Preview assignments approximately one week before the first day of your bar review course. A Study and Assignment Schedule (the Paced Program TM) for the MBE Preview TM will be emailed to you in early May.

Does anyone know what this MBE thing is? It shows up on the schedule as a five-day course, but will it really take five days? I won't have a lot of time between graduation and the start of the in-class Bar/Bri course, and I'm wondering how much time I should be budgeting for this. Does anyone know?

TTT-LS

Re: BarBri question, for the 3Ls and law-school graduates

Postby TTT-LS » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:57 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NewHere

Postby NewHere » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:24 am

Yes, I was planning to do the same thing, but will it be 5 videos of normal BarBri length (3.5 hours)? The e-mail says "We suggest you do the Preview assignments approximately one week before the first day of your bar review course." which makes it sound as if you could do it in one afternoon, but if it's really 5 x 3.5 hours, that will require significantly more time.

I think this thing is supposed to replace 3-day and 6-day PMBR courses that people used to take in addition to BarBri, right?

NewHere

Postby NewHere » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:47 pm

OK, I asked BarBri. It's supposed to be 5 days times 4 hours. "But you can also do it in 3 or 4 days. Just do more hours per day." :(

jhett

Postby jhett » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 pm

I never bothered doing any of it and I don't think it negatively impacted me in any way.

The preview is simply answering a bunch of questions (mostly 1L course material) and making you feel crappy because you don't remember most of it. The videos are fairly useless because everything they say will be covered in the actual course. Unless repetition is a highly effective form of learning for you, skip it.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”