Question for Northwestern students who took E-Commerce

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Faye Valentine

Question for Northwestern students who took E-Commerce

Postby Faye Valentine » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:54 pm

I know sharing outlines and former exams is generally scoffed at, but considering I'm at Davis and you're at Northwestern, I don't really think we're in direct competition. So maybe you can help me out!

Professor Anupam Chander taught at least a semester of his Law of E-Commerce course while at Northwestern during the 2008-2009 school year, I believe. He's now teaching at Davis, but we don't have any former exams on reserve, and the most recent and available outline is from 2002. If you've taken the course, you know how much has changed over the past 8 years.

So, here's my plea: is anyone willing to share any available practice exams and/or outlines? I'm open to working out something where I can send you a finals care package in return, or something.

Thanks!

TTT-LS

Re: Question for Northwestern students who took E-Commerce

Postby TTT-LS » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:08 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Faye Valentine

Postby Faye Valentine » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

TTT-LS wrote:I didn't take this class, but I'll warn others who might have that sharing an old exam would likely constitute an honor code violation. Sharing outlines or general class advice, on the other hand, is fine (and should be encouraged).

I didn't mean exams that aren't already available to the student body. I don't know how honor code applies to those, but I certainly was not trying to encourage anyone to take exams that weren't made available by the professor (i.e. on reserve).

Thanks for the encouragement, though!

TTT-LS

Postby TTT-LS » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Last edited by TTT-LS on Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 20160810 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:43 pm

Full disclosure: Bumping because OP is a friend of mine.

I would recommend that anyone concerned about potential honor code violations simply two or three words to the old exams prior to sending. These can be arbitrarily chosen, should obviously stick out and, significantly, would have the effect of turning the document you're sending from an old law school exam (bad - potential honor code issue) into a free-verse long-form poem you wrote based on an old law school exam (good - you're sharing your art with friends from the internet).

Make this happen TLS. I believe in you.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”