Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
lostmymojo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am

Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby lostmymojo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 pm

We got pelted with UCC remedies nearly all semester. Much of the work was outside the casebook in the form of small problem sets prepared by the Professor. Need something to cut through the fog.

As just a gut reaction, I was thinking that something from the Understanding series might work well, but I haven't got a chance to skim through one yet. Thoughts?

Renzo
Posts: 4265
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:23 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby Renzo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:38 am

I really liked the Contracts Nutshell last semester.

User avatar
sawwaverunner
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby sawwaverunner » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:44 am

Gilbert's Audio CD- Epstein on Contracts is good I thought.
Examples and Explanation as well

User avatar
vexion
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:29 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby vexion » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am

What about The ABCs of the UCC?

User avatar
apper123
Posts: 985
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby apper123 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Chirlstein on Contracts is amazing

User avatar
username1
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby username1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:49 pm

Sim situation and I am using the audio from a bar prep. Can't remember which one but it is a red cd and has a California professor (UC Davis?) who talks funny but breaks it all down to 8th grade level. Check that one out and listen to it while your working on your outline.

User avatar
lostmymojo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby lostmymojo » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm

apper123 wrote:Chirlstein on Contracts is amazing


Looked for this. Bookstore didn't have it. No time to wait. I bought the E&E. Slightly disappointed.

User avatar
username1
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:51 pm

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby username1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:09 am

Here is the CD - http://www.amazon.com/Contracts-Substan ... B000W25GQ4

--he makes K's idiot proof, only con is that he talks funny and he has an annoying end of sentence "hmm" *where he looks to get confirmation that everyone is with him). There is probably a word for this annoying habit but I dont know what you call it but it is extremely annoying. Hate to have him for a whole semester.

HTH

Anonymous Loser
Posts: 568
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:17 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby Anonymous Loser » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:21 am

lostmymojo wrote:
apper123 wrote:Chirlstein on Contracts is amazing


Looked for this. Bookstore didn't have it. No time to wait. I bought the E&E. Slightly disappointed.


I don't recall Chirelstein discussing the UCC beyond a few pages on 2-207.

Are you sure you bought the right E & E for your purposes? While the Contracts E & E does discuss the UCC to a limited extent, the Sales & Leases E & E is completely focused on the UCC.

User avatar
lostmymojo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby lostmymojo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 pm

Anonymous Loser wrote:
lostmymojo wrote:
apper123 wrote:Chirlstein on Contracts is amazing


Looked for this. Bookstore didn't have it. No time to wait. I bought the E&E. Slightly disappointed.


I don't recall Chirelstein discussing the UCC beyond a few pages on 2-207.

Are you sure you bought the right E & E for your purposes? While the Contracts E & E does discuss the UCC to a limited extent, the Sales & Leases E & E is completely focused on the UCC.


Shit. I did not get the Sales & Leases one. It never crossed my mind to check for anything other than "contracts" or something with UCC on the cover.

As it turns out, this stuff isn't quite as bad as I thought. I found a few old outlines for this course that have done a rather nice job of connecting the dots and giving the provisions a "plain english" type spin. Checking them for accuracy but I can already see that it's going to fall into place a lot better than I imagined when I get the stuff organized properly.

User avatar
lostmymojo
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:38 am

Re: Outlining Contracts - Need a UCC Heavy Supplement

Postby lostmymojo » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:43 pm

username1 wrote:Here is the CD - http://www.amazon.com/Contracts-Substan ... B000W25GQ4

--he makes K's idiot proof, only con is that he talks funny and he has an annoying end of sentence "hmm" *where he looks to get confirmation that everyone is with him). There is probably a word for this annoying habit but I dont know what you call it but it is extremely annoying. Hate to have him for a whole semester.

HTH


BTW. Thanks for this. Going to grab one of these to back up what I am doing here.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests