Take home final

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
engineer

Re: Take home final

Postby engineer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:56 pm

rando wrote:
engineer wrote:Hey don't knock it until you've tried it- people in india charge literally $3/hour to transcribe this shit. It's amazing, and the quality is pretty decent. For a few c-notes, I have an unabridged transcript that i can search during my take home exam. I just hope I do well this semester...

You outsourced to india!? I am leaning towards believing you. You should definitely speak to that at OCI. Firms love Indian doc review.

I outsource almost everything to india/asia. Labor is insanely cheap, and as long as you specify *exactly* what you want them to do, it's generally decent quality. I heard from another person that firms love indian doc review, so I guess it's true, haha.

engineer

Postby engineer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:59 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:I already told you that I have a transcript from every class session. Even if you can search through it, it won't be in the proper context. Having quality notes that you took in class would be 10 times better. I can't take notes in class because I'm watching a transcript on a laptop. The school has people take notes for me. They are 2Ls or 3Ls who had my profs. 1 page of notes=10 pages of transcript.

Ah sorry, I got poster names confused. I guess whatever works best... I mean, I don't mind reading, and I can easily read 300 pages a day or so. That said, I'm able to condense 10 pages of ranscript into 1 page of notes pretty easily.

stratocophic

Postby stratocophic » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 pm

engineer wrote:
rando wrote:
engineer wrote:Hey don't knock it until you've tried it- people in india charge literally $3/hour to transcribe this shit. It's amazing, and the quality is pretty decent. For a few c-notes, I have an unabridged transcript that i can search during my take home exam. I just hope I do well this semester...

You outsourced to india!? I am leaning towards believing you. You should definitely speak to that at OCI. Firms love Indian doc review.

I outsource almost everything to india/asia. Labor is insanely cheap, and as long as you specify *exactly* what you want them to do, it's generally decent quality. I heard from another person that firms love indian doc review, so I guess it's true, haha.
Spoken like a true engineer.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”