summer housing in Minneapolis

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
jaen78

summer housing in Minneapolis

Postby jaen78 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm

I'll be working in Minneapolis this summer and am not very familiar with the area. Does anyone have any good recommendations of specific neighborhoods/buildings where I could look to sublease? I'll be working in downtown Minneapolis and will have a car, but would like to use public transit to get to work if possible.

enygma

Re: summer housing in Minneapolis

Postby enygma » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:40 pm

uptown or northeast. i would not recommend living downtown. i prefer uptown. public transit is easy, the 4 and 6 run down lyndale and hennepin respectively, regularly. the 17 also runs east/west down 24th street and then heads up north to downtown. minneapolis is also phenomenal for biking if you're into that. there are a series of lakes on the westside of uptown that are really great spots for a run, a walk, or to just relax. lake calhoun is probably the more popular spot as far as beaches go, with lake harriet being a much more family-oriented place. lake of the isles is a big more quiet.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”