suits for OCI (for women) Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
expressway

New

Re: suits for OCI (for women)

Post by expressway » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:36 am

AppsAbound wrote:Now is not the time to be a daring fashionista.
That was and is not my intent; I was merely asking for opinions. I appreciate your response.

istara

Bronze

Post by istara » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:48 pm

If you wear 'boot like' shoes with pants (where they are mostly covered) I don't see how anyone would think they stand out unless they are very fashion focused.

On another note, has anyone heard of this company: http://www.bluesuitsonline.com/ ?

I know they are pricey, but if you look at the college OCI program it says they offer 40-60% off at on-campus "sales" at certain law and business schools every year. Link: http://www.bluesuitsonline.com/bluesuit ... suits.html

I would try and put together an online buy to get that discount long distance, but I'm terrified of ordering a suit online without trying it on. Thoughts?

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

istara wrote:If you wear 'boot like' shoes with pants (where they are mostly covered) I don't see how anyone would think they stand out unless they are very fashion focused.
You can immediately tell the difference between boots and pumps even when the person is wearing pants and standing up. When sitting down, most of the shoe will show and it will be even more obvious.

choochoo

Bronze

Post by choochoo » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:57 pm

For a women's 3-button suit, how many buttons should be buttoned during an interview, and which ones? I'll be leaving my jacket on the whole time.

I ask because I know men and women have different rules when it comes to suits...

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:36 pm

choochoo wrote:For a women's 3-button suit, how many buttons should be buttoned during an interview, and which ones? I'll be leaving my jacket on the whole time.

I ask because I know men and women have different rules when it comes to suits...
One of my suits is three-button. I either keep them all closed or unbutton the top button (can't remember which I actually do since I don't wear that suit all that much).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jowa504

New

Post by jowa504 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Posted this on another thread as well. Hopefully these will start picking up again now that it is time for OCI. A bunch of people have asked about grey/light grey suits though there haven't been many straight answers.

Thoughts on a suit this color?

http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product/AT ... tedProduct

Like I said in the other thread I have a black suit I'll probably go with but I got one very close to this color on sale and it would be nice to have a backup.

Rocío

Bronze

Post by Rocío » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

jowa504 wrote:Posted this on another thread as well. Hopefully these will start picking up again now that it is time for OCI. A bunch of people have asked about grey/light grey suits though there haven't been many straight answers.

Thoughts on a suit this color?

http://www.anntaylor.com/ann/product/AT ... tedProduct

Like I said in the other thread I have a black suit I'll probably go with but I got one very close to this color on sale and it would be nice to have a backup.
I don't think you can ever go wrong with a grey suit like that. Personally, I am a bigger fan of wearing a grey suit as opposed to a black suit (which can look kind of severe), but the consensus is that black, grey, or navy suits are fine.

Just be careful about that slit in the back of the skirt for interview purposes - just make sure it doesn't open too much.

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:03 pm

choochoo wrote:For a women's 3-button suit, how many buttons should be buttoned during an interview, and which ones? I'll be leaving my jacket on the whole time.

I don't know what "the" answer is, but I usually button only my top button because I feel silly with any other combo.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”