Civ Pro Flow Chart Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
mikeytwoshoes

Silver

Civ Pro Flow Chart

Post by mikeytwoshoes » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:16 pm

--LinkRemoved--

The link is a basic flow chart for all things Civ Pro-ish. It's a Word doc so you'll have to download it.

Gold

Re: Civ Pro Flow Chart

Post by 270910 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Skimmed it. Nice organization which makes it flashy, but the substance is far from perfect, so be careful.

A good example is the Erie flow chart. It may be precisely how that person's prof taught Erie, but it isn't at all how my prof taught Erie.

corporatelaw87

Bronze

Post by corporatelaw87 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:26 pm

0L here, so I don't know much, but this looks intense. Is this something you would take into an exam, or is this just a basic study guide?

Gold

Post by 270910 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:27 pm

corporatelaw87 wrote:0L here, so I don't know much, but this looks intense. Is this something you would take into an exam, or is this just a basic study guide?
Almost nobody actually creates something like this. It may be helpful for organization, but all of the arrows pointing everywhere are kind of unnecessary. I've taken civ pro, and honestly I think they make some of the author's points more difficult to comprehend.

People WILL bring long 'outlines' into the exam, and this document does cover almost all of the material from a run of the mill 1L civ pro class. And it is confusing, and nobody likes civ pro. So people probably bring SOMETHING like it into an exam, that they hopefully created themselves, but it's much more stylish / flashy than is necessary.

kings84_wr

Silver

Post by kings84_wr » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:17 pm

corporatelaw87 wrote:0L here, so I don't know much, but this looks intense. Is this something you would take into an exam, or is this just a basic study guide?
Im a flow-charter, I do it differently then the link, but mine are pretty intense as well. I never looked at my flow charts during the exam. The value for me was breaking down the material so i knew howe everything works. I let my friends have my outlines, and I dont think it helped them nearly as much as it helped me, because I had to got through the actual process of breaking everything down step by step.

Everyone works differently so its best to figure out what you like and how you learn the best.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”