Acing Property as a study aid? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
studebaker07

Bronze

Acing Property as a study aid?

Post by studebaker07 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey has anybody looked at the book "Acing Property" and found it useful? It was just published last month and I haven't seen any reviews on it. I am debating on whether to get this book or the Gilbert's guide. I found the "Acing Civ Pro" book very helpful which is why I am leaning towards Acing Property.

Also while we are on the subject, has anybody checked out "Acing Torts"? It was also recently released.

pandacot

Bronze

Re: Acing Property as a study aid?

Post by pandacot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:12 pm

Never seen the books before, but also interested if anyone has used. The checklist approach that the description of the book mentions seems to be interesting. A checklist of every class is how I aced my first semester classes.

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:13 pm

pandacot wrote:Never seen the books before, but also interested if anyone has used. The checklist approach that the description of the book mentions seems to be interesting. A checklist of every class is how I aced my first semester classes.

pandacot

Bronze

Post by pandacot » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:24 pm

????????
Self-made checklists. Would be helpful if a book had the same. Did I really have to clarify????

Grad_Student

Bronze

Post by Grad_Student » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:19 pm

Checklist work great so long as you can remember all the elements

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

engineer

Bronze

Post by engineer » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:26 pm

studebaker07 wrote:Hey has anybody looked at the book "Acing Property" and found it useful? It was just published last month and I haven't seen any reviews on it. I am debating on whether to get this book or the Gilbert's guide. I found the "Acing Civ Pro" book very helpful which is why I am leaning towards Acing Property.

Also while we are on the subject, has anybody checked out "Acing Torts"? It was also recently released.
I'll buy Acing Property tonight and read it within a week or two-- I'm a little behind in my work, but I'll provide a comprehensive review on here before finals begin. For what it's worth, Property 3e by Burke & Stone was pretty worthless. As a brief overview of the course, it's fine, but absolutely all of their hypos are the issues that arise in most of the cases you'd expect to cover (Pierson v. Post, Moore v. Regents, Tompkins v. Superior Ct., Baker v. Weedon, etc.) but they don't really cite to those cases. I'm working on getting through Gilberts guide, and it definitely seems like an improvement.

pandacot

Bronze

Post by pandacot » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:48 pm

Thanks engineer! I look forward to your analysis of the Acing Property book.

studebaker07

Bronze

Post by studebaker07 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:55 pm

I just found the book hiding out in our academic success reserve section. Going through the section on present and future interests right now. Seems good so far.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”