Product Liability Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Carnertine

Bronze

Product Liability

Post by Carnertine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:51 pm

Does anyone know of a good book or site that provides multiple choice questions for Product Liability?

Ignatius J. Reilly

New

Re: Product Liability

Post by Ignatius J. Reilly » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:07 pm

I do not have an answer to question (sorry, but you'll see why), but I do have a question of my own. Are you guys taking Products Liability as a separate course or as part of your Torts class? I covered Products Liability briefly in Torts, but we were told to take the course if we really wanted to learn it. If you guys are taking the course, then my question is: Is it a worthwhile course to take? I was trying to figure out some electives to next year (third year) and it came up as a possibility. I know all classes are taught differently, so I'm really just asking about the subject matter. Is it dense? Or is it manageable with little outside effort? I have a few of the more difficult courses to take next year (e.g., Admin Law, Trusts and Estates, Income Tax) and I am not looking to take any other tough courses. Sorry I couldn't answer the original question, but I would love to get some insight on this. Thanks.

Carnertine

Bronze

Post by Carnertine » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:22 pm

I am taking it as a separate course. We covered it in tort too. I dont feel that it is extraordinarily difficult, just more in-depth focus on what we covered in torts, ie. understanding the changes in the Restatements and case law.

seespotrun

Gold

Post by seespotrun » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:52 pm

betasteve wrote:
Carnertine wrote:Does anyone know of a good book or site that provides multiple choice questions for Product Liability?
+1. Also, did other people cover the multiple evolution of products liability? I am just wondering if deal is something unique to my class, or if it is fairly common.
If by "multiple evolutions of PL" you mean negligence -> res ipsa -> 2nd Restatement -> 3rd Restatement, then yes. However, the other two torts sections at my school did not even touch PL. From reading these boards, I get the feeling that PL is not often covered in depth in 1L torts.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Fri Mar 12, 2010 8:08 pm

My torts class was way heavy on product liability. Never even got to any of the intentional torts

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”