Appellate Brief

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
pandacot
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby pandacot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:05 pm

Danteshek wrote:
Herb Watchfell wrote:
Danteshek wrote: If I successfully navigate the next few rounds, I may have the chance to argue at the 9th Circuit, in front of the same judges who decided the cases I refer to in my brief.


I suggest you find a way to "successfully navigate" your pathetic self through a grammar workbook, buddy.


Post your brief.



Are you asking to see his underwear?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby Danteshek » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:07 pm

His underwear and his brief are probably not distinguishable. Either would be fine.

pandacot
Posts: 167
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby pandacot » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Danteshek wrote:His underwear and his brief are probably not distinguishable. Either would be fine.



I doubt there is a poop stain on his brief.

User avatar
Herb Watchfell
Posts: 239
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby Herb Watchfell » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:16 pm

Danteshek wrote:His underwear and his brief are probably not distinguishable. Either would be fine.


No, no, Horny. My briefs complement my sizable bulge. My brief will give you one.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby Danteshek » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:30 pm

pandacot wrote:
Danteshek wrote:His underwear and his brief are probably not distinguishable. Either would be fine.



I doubt there is a poop stain on his brief.


The crimes are similar, and outrageous.

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby eth3n » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:55 am

Missed LRW on friday, learned today that my oral argument is this friday morning.

Brief was assigned on Friday, not due for like 2 weeks but whats the point if I have to argue this week.

Also, I got stuck doing the side of the case I really didn't want, I know this is good in the respect that I know what I would say if I was the appellee, any other advice on faking it?

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby Danteshek » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:53 pm

Make one argument and concede everything that is not necessary to your argument. Don't let the judges knock you off course.

eth3n
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby eth3n » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:31 pm

As I will be the first person to speak on the facts...that may actually be a viable tactic if the cases I use are obscure enough.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:38 pm

The FUCKING BRIEF dies tomorrow! Can I be put in jail for first degree murder of an appellate brief?

engineer
Posts: 278
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 am

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby engineer » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:27 am

mikeytwoshoes wrote:The FUCKING BRIEF dies tomorrow! Can I be put in jail for first degree murder of an appellate brief?


The brief dies TONIGHT. You are on death row in saudi fucking arabia, and I'm about to behead you, motherfucker.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:59 am

The brief is fucking dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did not go quietly but it's dead. If I had matches in this apartment, I'd go out on the balcony and burn a copy. I would have taken a picture for TLS and Lishi.

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:37 pm

mikeytwoshoes wrote:The brief is fucking dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did not go quietly but it's dead. If I had matches in this apartment, I'd go out on the balcony and burn a copy. I would have taken a picture for TLS and Lishi.

The fucking brief keeps calling out to me from the underworld in a sing song voice, "You forgot to cite a rule... you forgot to put a period on a citation sentence... you had awkward phrasing." How does one exorcise a brief?

User avatar
mikeytwoshoes
Posts: 1117
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:45 pm

Re: Appellate Brief

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:53 pm

betasteve wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:
mikeytwoshoes wrote:The brief is fucking dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It did not go quietly but it's dead. If I had matches in this apartment, I'd go out on the balcony and burn a copy. I would have taken a picture for TLS and Lishi.

The fucking brief keeps calling out to me from the underworld in a sing song voice, "You forgot to cite a rule... you forgot to put a period on a citation sentence... you had awkward phrasing." How does one exorcise a brief?

Booze. A lot of booze. Drink until you forget everything you have written.

I can't drink because of my medicines. I wish i could drink until I forgot. Plus, i have arguments in a week.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kensey, shineoncrazydiamond and 6 guests