Law school personality types

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cyxdev17

Law school personality types

Postby cyxdev17 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:31 pm

So I've heard that law students tend to be on the aggressive, type-A personality side. Based on your experience, is this accurate? I'm sure it's true of many law students, but is it the "norm"? I would pretty much characterize myself as the opposite of what I just described (kind of shy, laid back, speak concisely, etc...I mean I work hard and am competitive but I keep it to myself), and I don't think I'd function well if everyone around me was like that. I'm pretty set on going law school though..it's just a nagging thought I keep having.

Ignatius J. Reilly

Re: Law school personality types

Postby Ignatius J. Reilly » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:51 pm

There are all kinds of people in law school. Don't worry about it.

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:56 pm

They are all evil zombies.

In my limited experience with law school students (2 classes at a T2), there are a lot of different personalities. Some are the type A in your face, argue about anything type. I know a few 3Ls that are that way and don't have job prospects in any legal field, and they are huge douchebags to have class with because they have one semester left and they are graduating in the bottom 1/3 of a T2, which means they just wasted 3 years of their lives. Aside from them, law school students I know are pretty chill and laid back (graduation nearing and all)

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:58 pm

cardnal124 wrote:They are all evil zombies.

In my limited experience with law school students (2 classes at a T2), there are a lot of different personalities. Some are the type A in your face, argue about anything type. I know a few 3Ls that are that way and don't have job prospects in any legal field, and they are huge douchebags to have class with because they have one semester left and they are graduating in the bottom 1/3 of a T2, which means they just wasted 3 years of their lives. Aside from them, law school students I know are pretty chill and laid back (graduation nearing and all)

Uh, you mean those outspoken TLSers? LoL

cardnal124

Postby cardnal124 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:01 pm

Ya, pretty much. I mean, when you are a 3L with one semester left and you are hoping to become a financial planner for a living (but cannot do basic algebra), your job prospects aren't too hot. And thats a T2 that historically has placed very well in state. ITE, however, it is not a good decision.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”