How to prepare physically for law school? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
JuTMSY4

Bronze

Re: How to prepare physically for law school?

Post by JuTMSY4 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:00 pm

leobowski wrote:A few things that have worked for me:

1. Take a nap. This is absolutely key. At least 15 minutes a day, and preferably right after lunch.
2. Lots of Vitamin C, a B-complex, and a fish oil supplement. The C keeps your immune system up, the B reduces stress, and the fish oil literally makes you smarter. No joke.
3. Drink lots of tea. Black in the morning, green in the afternoon, sleepytime at night. It helps to calm me down and keep me going.
4. Also drink lots of water. Dehydration can impair your mental faculties by up to 50%
5. Exercise, exercise, exercise. This will help you stay sane and keep your eye on the prize. If you aren't already on some sort of exercise regimen I'd suggest starting. Hopping on a treadmill for an hour every other day helps me sort through my thoughts. Meditation is also great for this, or any kind of prayer really if you are religious.
6. Consider having a drink every night with dinner. This thins your blood and promotes chillness.
Wow - Good stuff. For that matter, these are more life suggestions than just law school.

kswiss

Bronze

Re: How to prepare physically for law school?

Post by kswiss » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:18 pm

TigerBeer wrote:6. Consider having a drink every night with dinner. This thins your blood and promotes chillness.
yes.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”