mock trial help

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Jojo

mock trial help

Postby Jojo » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 am

If anyone knows anything about the NITA Case Dixon v. Providential life, I could really use some strategies. Non-graded class, so this is not cheating. I am representing the Widow and right now we seem screwed - looks like a suicide. If you you have any ideas - especially about the angle of the wound - please post.

mikeytwoshoes

Re: mock trial help

Postby mikeytwoshoes » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Jojo wrote:If anyone knows anything about the NITA Case Dixon v. Providential life, I could really use some strategies. Non-graded class, so this is not cheating. I am representing the Widow and right now we seem screwed - looks like a suicide. If you you have any ideas - especially about the angle of the wound - please post.

Read the cases again looking for factual distinctions. You are ethically required to disclose disadvantageous cases when writng briefs. Also, look precedents you can enlarge to fit your cases. That's all I can think of.

Jojo

Postby Jojo » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:14 pm

There are no cases as it is mock trial, not moot court. Thanks for trying to help though :)

spat

Postby spat » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:32 pm

Jojo, how'd you do representing the plaintiff last year? We have the same mock trial assignment this semester and I'm looking for suggestions on how to combat what appears to be a stronger defendant's case. Anything in particular work/not work for your side?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”