Did you go to law school expecting to meet someone special? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
OperaSoprano

Gold

Re: Did you go to law school expecting to meet someone special?

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:30 pm

chicoalto0649 wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:By second semester, tons of people in my section paired up... me included. BU has the most section-cest I've ever heard of.
Is this a great idea, though? I love my classmates and would do anything for them... anything except date them. Even dating Columbians strikes me as dangerous, though they like us, and my classmates like them.

I should've learned my lesson, though, about dating anyone else in law school. Unfortunately, I am incorrigible. I probably never will.
do columbia chicks go with fordham dudes or is it only the other way around? ya know its nyc and youre either a climber or you arent
Lol, I'm sure they do. I don't think my friends are into "climbing" of any sort, and I've been known for railing against it personally, but I've also had my hypocrisy pointed out to me on more than one occasion. (I can't help the fact that I like smart boys, and in my defense, the ones I pick are generally government/PI types who want to give back. Corporate law types don't do much for me.) :oops:

underachiever

Bronze

Post by underachiever » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I hope not! I would never date a law student. Most are annoying enough from 9-5 but i couldn't imagine going home, to the movies, out to dinner with that NO!....plus any seemingly normal and attractive women I have meet are weird (ie hyper intense about law) or married/dating a guy for the last 5 years.

....gotta go the UG campus for relatively normal single women (but again I Fall b/c at an Ivy league school that number too is small)

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:32 pm

rayiner wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:Have any of you attended law school and found yourself in love or in a relationship?
Nobody who goes to LS is special. Many are "special", though.
<3 This is why we're friends.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:36 pm

dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
SwollenMonkey wrote:Have any of you attended law school and found yourself in love or in a relationship?
Dresden!

dresden doll

Platinum

Post by dresden doll » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:39 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
rayiner wrote:
Dresden!
Aw, come on. Obviously, I except you (and a few other individuals, as you might guess :) ). I'm just being a hater.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm

dresden doll wrote: Aw, come on. Obviously, I except you (and a few other individuals, as you might guess :) ). I'm just being a hater.
Just one of the many things I love about you. Only you can make being a hater endearing. <3

What do you think about the question presented? If one is to date law student boys, ought one to date one's own classmates, or look further afield? I know what you think of that term I invented which I now decline to mention. You'll be pleased to note that I have excised it from the lexicon. If I fall for someone, the school he attends will be immaterial to me.

Hook 'Em

Bronze

Post by Hook 'Em » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:53 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
dresden doll wrote: Aw, come on. Obviously, I except you (and a few other individuals, as you might guess :) ). I'm just being a hater.
Just one of the many things I love about you. Only you can make being a hater endearing. <3

What do you think about the question presented? If one is to date law student boys, ought one to date one's own classmates, or look further afield? I know what you think of that term I invented which I now decline to mention. You'll be pleased to note that I have excised it from the lexicon. If I fall for someone, the school he attends will be immaterial to me.
Don't do it. People gossip, and the word will spread if people even think you are interested in someone. I'm speaking from experience :oops: .

jelizabeth88

New

Post by jelizabeth88 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:55 pm

shit, I don't want to go to law school if I'm not going to get a husband out of it :o guess I better send out a BU app, and FAST.

T14_Scholly

Bronze

Post by T14_Scholly » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:57 pm

Should I, a consultant, date one of my fellow classmates?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PigNipple

New

Post by PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:00 am

Did you go to law school expecting to meet someone special?
Did I ever!

taw856

Bronze

Post by taw856 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:03 am

T14_Scholly wrote:Should I, a consultant, date one of my fellow classmates?
:lol:

PigNipple

New

Post by PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am

taw856 wrote:
:lol: :lol:

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:05 am

Hook 'Em wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Don't do it. People gossip, and the word will spread if people even think you are interested in someone. I'm speaking from experience :oops: .
I hear you. That's why built in distance is a good idea. Plus, it would be really weird to be flirting with my classmates here. I mean, they've seen me at my most stressed out. Under Rayiner's definition of special, I qualify. :oops:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:06 am

No. You should go to Yale.

TTTennis

Bronze

Post by TTTennis » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:07 am

PigNipple wrote:
taw856 wrote:
:lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:23 am

T14_Scholly wrote:Should I, a consultant, date one of my fellow classmates? I mean I already have this great thing going with Jessica Alba, and she's like a upcoming movie star you know... but at the same time I'm just not feeling this movie career route, and my classmate is an aspiring model. What do you guys think?

PigNipple

New

Post by PigNipple » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:26 am

Nom Sawyer wrote:
T14_Scholly wrote:Should I, a consultant, date one of my fellow classmates? I mean I already have this great thing going with Jessica Alba, and she's like a upcoming movie star you know... but at the same time I'm just not feeling this movie career route, and my classmate is an aspiring model. What do you guys think?
I think I should have been a consultant!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Blindmelon

Gold

Post by Blindmelon » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:03 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Blindmelon wrote:By second semester, tons of people in my section paired up... me included. BU has the most section-cest I've ever heard of.
Is this a great idea, though? I love my classmates and would do anything for them... anything except date them. Even dating Columbians strikes me as dangerous, though they like us, and my classmates like them.

I should've learned my lesson, though, about dating anyone else in law school. Unfortunately, I am incorrigible. I probably never will.
Its been working well so far. No complaints. Although in law school there is tons of temptation.... is this just BU? I feel like everyone is a total lush here... its Tuesday and a few of my friends drank a ton.

People talk about whose hooking up, but it doesn't stop anyone- the best is when two people come into the section at the same time after a Friday night clearly in the same clothes from going out the night before.... ahh... law school.

solidsnake

Silver

Post by solidsnake » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:19 am

Why would anyone go to law school expecting anything other than to absolutely crush your classmates' skulls and eat their bones in a desperate blood-soaked climb to the top?

A'nold

Gold

Post by A'nold » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

WHAT?! Do not fall for any t3 losers Opera, it is CNHYS for you.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 am

Blindmelon wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Its been working well so far. No complaints. Although in law school there is tons of temptation.... is this just BU? I feel like everyone is a total lush here... its Tuesday and a few of my friends drank a ton.
People talk about whose hooking up, but it doesn't stop anyone- the best is when two people come into the section at the same time after a Friday night clearly in the same clothes from going out the night before.... ahh... law school.

That sounds like such an adventure... It's more sedate here, possibly because I'm an evening student. I'll send you a PM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Nom Sawyer

Silver

Post by Nom Sawyer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:59 am

OperaSoprano wrote:

I'd say... the area is polluted with drug traffickers... you'd have to dangerous just to survive :D

(couldn't help it... never heard the term "Columbians" before)

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:04 am

To chime in-

Not expecting to, but open to the idea. People in law school have weird hang ups about this stuff though. In my view, if two people are attracted to each other, then give it a shot. On the other hand, I'm quite single at the moment hahaha....anyway....

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 am

A'nold wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

WHAT?! Do not fall for any t3 losers Opera, it is CNHYS for you.
What, no Chicago boys?

Nom Sawyer: hang around me long enough and you'll find that I speak my own language, more or less. But yes, Columbians.

SwollenMonkey

Silver

Post by SwollenMonkey » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:09 am

prezidentv8 wrote:To chime in-

Not expecting to, but open to the idea. People in law school have weird hang ups about this stuff though. In my view, if two people are attracted to each other, then give it a shot. On the other hand, I'm quite single at the moment hahaha....anyway....
I don't want to find someone in law school, but then again, law prep has taught me to not make definitive statements without appropriate clauses. I guess I'd be open to the idea of being interested and possibly hooking up with someone as mentally keen as me, but then again, I have a juvenile criminal record that needs to be expunged.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”