Cardozo profile expansion

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
bottomshelf

Cardozo profile expansion

Postby bottomshelf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Any current students want to weigh in? PM me if so!

LjakW

Re: Cardozo profile expansion

Postby LjakW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Cardozo Law School is secular, but as a result of its heritage many of its students are Jewish.

I can't say for sure, but I would wager that a school like Fordham has even more Jews than Cardozo. Unless you can back it up with a real statistic, e.g. >40% are Jewish (this is law school after all), I don't think this sentence should remain. Instead, maybe you can write that Cardozo gives off for all the Jewish holidays.
Last edited by LjakW on Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

itsfine

Postby itsfine » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:34 pm

LjakW wrote:
Cardozo Law School is secular, but as a result of its heritage many of its students are Jewish.

I can't say for sure, but I would wager that a school like Fordham has even more Jews than Cardozo. Unless you can back it up I don't think this sentence should remain. Instead, maybe you can write that Cardozo gives off for all the Jewish holidays.

if it has a lot of jewish students it should remain, regardless of fordham's students

LjakW

Postby LjakW » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:38 pm

I was only using Fordham as an example. The sentence seems like a warning of some sort. There are enough Jews in any law school that warnings like this could probably be added to every profile.
Of course, I might be wrong and there really are significantly more Jews in Cardozo than in other NY law schools. In that case, I apologize for bringing it up.

bottomshelf

Postby bottomshelf » Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:58 pm

Unfortunately, enrollment numbers for Jews are not made public by the law school (I don't think any law school keeps track of this anyway), so statements like this (that are not backed up by numbers or that rely on hearsay) will either be qualified or stripped completely. Thanks for bringing it up!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”