Looking for inspiration for 2nd semester

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Masternater9

Looking for inspiration for 2nd semester

Postby Masternater9 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:54 pm

Any 2 or 3ls out there who didn't do as well as they would have liked their first semester and came back and really killed it the second semester who would like to share their story and what they did different?

I really worked hard this last semester and didn't see the fruits of my labor. Trying to find the motivation to keep my intensity high and correct whatever I did wrong last semester.

Thanks for the input.

Masternater9

Re: Looking for inspiration for 2nd semester

Postby Masternater9 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:52 pm

No one?? I know somebody out there came back and regulated on the second semester. Don't be shy.

Mulliganstew

Postby Mulliganstew » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:28 am

Ask your professors what you did wrong on your finals. Most of them will gladly go over it with you.

edcrane

Postby edcrane » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Mulliganstew wrote:Ask your professors what you did wrong on your finals. Most of them will gladly go over it with you.

This is credited. Although my professors didn't give me specific advice on how to write a better exam, their feedback was an essential starting point for changing my approach to law school in my second semester of 1L.

Masternater9

Postby Masternater9 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:18 pm

Mulliganstew wrote:Ask your professors what you did wrong on your finals. Most of them will gladly go over it with you.

This is one of the things I'm going to do. Already met with one professor. I'm pretty sure that I fell short on the analysis portion of my exams. During the break I did LEEWS and am now practicing on hypos to correct this problem. More than advice though, I was really just looking for motivation from the success of others. Any one really knock it out of the park 2nd semester after doing just ok first semester?

*devo*

Postby *devo* » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 pm

I'll bumb this thread for you. I am in the same boat as OP. Studied like hell, thought I was studying "smart"--did LEEWS, GTM, outlined throughout the semester, etc.--and ended up top 40%.

I plan on checking out my exams too, btw. Any other advice?

VincentChase

Postby VincentChase » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Masternater9 wrote:Any 2 or 3ls out there who didn't do as well as they would have liked their first semester and came back and really killed it the second semester who would like to share their story and what they did different?

I really worked hard this last semester and didn't see the fruits of my labor. Trying to find the motivation to keep my intensity high and correct whatever I did wrong last semester.

Thanks for the input.

What do you consider "worked hard"?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”