new blog: day 1 - read along :)

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:32 am

Hello all - I decided to start a blog documenting my life as a law student. It's going to be very interesting and I'll be including lots of things I've learned and wish I had known before my 1L year. I also intend to blog about my experiences at my summer internship, working as a paralegal and interviewing this past semester! Its going to be a balance of social life/ school work/ law / legal news/ fashion I tend to get very bored during my classes and think this will make for an interesting pass time (and hopefully entertaining for you as well!!) I just got bored of checking abovethelaw & thesuperficial.com. Haha, Abovethelaw was too depressing- I can't bare to read about another law firm laying off lawyers or dropping first year salaries. And, my guilty pleasure -thesuperficial tends to be too risque to enjoy during classes (I always feel as if people think I'm looking at naughty sites) haha. I just started it today please check it out! Leave me feedback about what you'd like me to blog about and I'll try and blog about topics suggested! :)

http://prada-and-torts.blogspot.com/

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby Zapatero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:37 am

Yeah, the grammar is kind of rough. I like the self-tar, though.

Edit: I think it is the best blawg evar.

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 am

haha ahhhhh I had to include a disclaimer about my horrible comma usage but is it more than that?!? Lol I hope its not unbearable ;)

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby Zapatero » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:50 am

Haha, if you hadn't included it, I wouldn't have said anything. It's fine, though--just punctuation stuff. I only said it to prove that I had read it. I highly recommend your blog.

e: You need a sweet story. Talk about something crazy that happened to you.

flawyer
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:09 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby flawyer » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:53 am

Come on, your avatar is a pic of yourself... you gotta tell us what school you go to.

PS- it doesn't seem like you're going to talk about fashion enough in this blawg...

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:11 am

haha thanks for checking it out!! I really want it to be fun and entertaining! Be sure to check it out in the future, I really spend way too much time on facebook and feel like a blog will be way more worthwhile. I just want people to enjoy reading it and offer advice from my experience thus far!

Yes, my pic is a "self-tar" haha. But as for now I'm keeping it anonymous because I really don't know exactly where I'm going with it. If I want to let it get juicy then I have to keep it anonymous. Perhaps in the future I will include pictures of myself and my friends on the blog but that depends on what direction I go with it :) As for the focus on fashion in today's post, I just finished looking at a fashion magazine and it was on my mind. However, in the future I intend to blog more about law school related stuff, my experiences, and weekend partying (a nice eclectic mix).

Anyway, please feel free to leave any comments on it or suggest topics I should blog about! I'm really excited and would love feedback!

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby Grad_Student » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:15 am

cvs114 wrote:Anyway, please feel free to leave any comments on it or suggest topics I should blog about! I'm really excited and would love feedback!

--LinkRemoved--

Do better than her.

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:22 am

@grad student - I'll try!!!

ps: for the mean time I'm posting pics...

XtraordinaryMachine
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:30 am

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby XtraordinaryMachine » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:55 am

Def have a potential fan here :)

+1 for Prada

+1 for Superficial.com

User avatar
cconnoll
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cconnoll » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:19 pm

You look very very very familiar.

User avatar
seespotrun
Posts: 2395
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:36 am

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby seespotrun » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:49 pm

cvs114 wrote:haha ahhhhh I had to include a disclaimer about my horrible comma usage, but is it more than that?!? Lol I hope its not unbearable ;)


FTFY

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8448
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:45 pm

edit: never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Grad_Student
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 3:20 am

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby Grad_Student » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

thesealocust wrote:You interviewed with a DA's office - and they gave you a written test, spoke to you only in spanish, demanded fill in the blank knowledge of case holdings and recollection of model penal code definitions?

I call bullshit.

+1

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:28 am

it was the public defenders office in the city I live in.. I SWEAR TO GOD!!!!! Trust me I was in as much shock as you why do you think it went so horribly. I know why he spoke to me in spanish because I do speak it - I just wouldn't say fluently and at the bottom of my resume I have languages -spanish. Anyway, you live you learn. After talking to other people I learned that people interviewing with the DA's office of another city (not the one I have an offer at) had a similar experience with a panell of interviewers shooting odd questions at them and hypos. So as for my blog it's serving its purpose to provide entertainment and allow other people to learn from my experiences.

ps: how could someone even make something as ridiculous as that up? haha.

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 am

oh and it wasn't a written test - It was a hypo that I had 15 minutes to prepare for. They gave me the notepad because I could use whatever notes I wrote down during the 15 minute time period during the interview. The instructions didn't say what I was preparing for but it was actually to role play an intake of the client in the hypo and discuss possible defenses with the interviewer.

ridiculous, I know. But very very true.

User avatar
cconnoll
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:51 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cconnoll » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:12 pm

cvs114 wrote:Hello all - I decided to start a blog documenting my life as a law student. It's going to be very interesting and I'll be including lots of things I've learned and wish I had known before my 1L year. I also intend to blog about my experiences at my summer internship, working as a paralegal and interviewing this past semester! Its going to be a balance of social life/ school work/ law / legal news/ fashion I tend to get very bored during my classes and think this will make for an interesting pass time (and hopefully entertaining for you as well!!) I just got bored of checking abovethelaw & thesuperficial.com. Haha, Abovethelaw was too depressing- I can't bare to read about another law firm laying off lawyers or dropping first year salaries. And, my guilty pleasure -thesuperficial tends to be too risque to enjoy during classes (I always feel as if people think I'm looking at naughty sites) haha. I just started it today please check it out! Leave me feedback about what you'd like me to blog about and I'll try and blog about topics suggested! :)


How in the world do you post a picture to a blog? Thanks.
http://prada-and-torts.blogspot.com/

User avatar
cvs114
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: new blog: day 1 - read along :)

Postby cvs114 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:31 am

@cconnoll - it's really easy. On the site hosting my blog you can post it using the "add gadget" post picture or under the blog itself you click add image and it let's you type around it. Hope that helps!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dizzying, jroman2 and 10 guests