How often are E&E's published? Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Inygma

Silver

How often are E&E's published?

Post by Inygma » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Hey everyone, I was wondering if there is a site dedicated to the E&E series, or if you just have to buy them through a 3rd Party. I was looking into purchasing some E&Es now while I have some extra cash instead of waiting till August when classes start. My main question is if there is somewhere I can find when new editions are scheduled to be released because I don't want to buy some E&Es and find out that a new edition is going to be released in the next 6 months. Thanks!

Leeroy Jenkins

Silver

Re: How often are E&E's published?

Post by Leeroy Jenkins » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:47 pm

don't worry about the editions. Chances are whatever minuscule changes in the law that go through, your professor will neither teach nor care about.

BTW E&E is published by Aspen.
http://www.aspenlaw.com/Default.asp?cookie_test=1

Inygma

Silver

Post by Inygma » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:54 pm

Lxw wrote:don't worry about the editions. Chances are whatever minuscule changes in the law that go through, your professor will neither teach nor care about.

BTW E&E is published by Aspen.
http://www.aspenlaw.com/Default.asp?cookie_test=1
Awesome! Thank you very much.

Nazrix

New

Post by Nazrix » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:09 am

Major Changes in the law occured in 2005 or so for: bankrupty, securities, and anti-trust
Be VERY careful about this stuff, as well as Income Tax / Corp Tax.

Many of these had 2005 revisions, some supplements are STILL out of date, (remember even though 2005 was awhile ago, case law interpretting those statutory chances aren't decided by App/Sc.t for a few years, so the analysis on this will be often incomplete)... Contracts on the other hand...unlikely... Also courts have directed their focus elsewhere in these things with reform, any economic-based big ticket corp law class is prone to sudden shifts, especially in this economy...but absence crazy changes, state-law based things like contracts or torts (unless we get major tort reform) will be useful for awhile.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”