below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Grond

Bronze

Re: below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's

Post by Grond » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:49 pm

mrmediocre wrote:
Grond wrote:Are there lower ranked schools in your market? Find out where those doods are interviewing and take one of their offers.
the ole pierson v. post dissent eh
As long as it is in fact a fox we're talking about.

Kchuck

Bronze

Post by Kchuck » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm

SAE wrote:
Kchuck wrote:URM??
yes. Urban Renaissance Man
Well played.

nyknicks

Bronze

Post by nyknicks » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

Dude, purchase: http://www.sex-panther.com/

You'll thank me later.

mrmediocre

New

Post by mrmediocre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:58 pm

jmaan wrote:this thread title looks like it'd be on autoadmit
it would be if i could have figured out how to make an account

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:01 pm

rayiner wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:
rayiner wrote:Did you overreach?
it would appear, no?
I meant, are you a 5 hitting on an 8.5? Or are you an 8 hitting on an 8.5?

She didn't necessarily reject you because you overreached. She might just not be interested in dating right now, not interested in dating fellow students, etc. You couldn't have predicted those factors before going for it, but you probably could've predicted the rejection in the situation where you were aiming way out of your league.
Rayiner, I don't get to say this much to you, but the fundamental premise of your analysis here is flawed: You are neglecting the possibility that overreaching itself can often (within a certain boundary range) provide the requisite qualification. Sure, typically a 5 hitting on an 8 will be shot down, yes, but there exist a not insignificant amount of instances wherein the boldness required for a 5 to hit on an 8 will convey to that 8 that the 5-male possesses some quality enabling him to be in her league (usually the female will assume that this is some kind of intangible, such as money, coolness, intellect, etc.).

It it precisely because most people view overreaching as a suicide mission that it is so often successful (at least for men--women have a much harder time overreaching because men are inherently far more superficial and care less about intangibles). Women are apt to assume that overreaching is just not done, and therefore the guy is in their league. By the time they figure out the truth, it's often too late and an emotional attachment has formed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rowlf

Bronze

Post by rowlf » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:49 pm

irie wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:t14, 8.5
when it comes to girls there are no 5s, 6s, and 8.5s. there is only 0 and 1.

embrace the binary scale.
TITCR

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
rayiner wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:
it would appear, no?

She didn't necessarily reject you because you overreached. She might just not be interested in dating right now, not interested in dating fellow students, etc. You couldn't have predicted those factors before going for it, but you probably could've predicted the rejection in the situation where you were aiming way out of your league.
Rayiner, I don't get to say this much to you, but the fundamental premise of your analysis here is flawed: You are neglecting the possibility that overreaching itself can often (within a certain boundary range) provide the requisite qualification. Sure, typically a 5 hitting on an 8 will be shot down, yes, but there exist a not insignificant amount of instances wherein the boldness required for a 5 to hit on an 8 will convey to that 8 that the 5-male possesses some quality enabling him to be in her league (usually the female will assume that this is some kind of intangible, such as money, coolness, intellect, etc.).

It it precisely because most people view overreaching as a suicide mission that it is so often successful (at least for men--women have a much harder time overreaching because men are inherently far more superficial and care less about intangibles). Women are apt to assume that overreaching is just not done, and therefore the guy is in their league. By the time they figure out the truth, it's often too late and an emotional attachment has formed.
Haha. You make a good point. I'm just saying, that given the fact that "typically a 5 hitting on an 8 will be shot down", if OP was in that situation he probably shouldn't be too upset when the predictable result came to pass.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 pm

irie wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:t14, 8.5
when it comes to girls there are no 5s, 6s, and 8.5s. there is only 0 and 1.

embrace the binary scale.
1 -Yes
0- when i'm drunk

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Also the very fact that getting shot down by a hot girl is so uncommon means either

A) You always get hot ass without a problem. But this isn't plausable because you'd be a god amongst men, and you'd probably be with a hot girl instead of posting on TLS.

B) You are beta and don't ask out many women.

You should be getting rejected all the time, or you aren't trying hard enough.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dk8

Bronze

Post by dk8 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:57 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
rayiner wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:
it would appear, no?

100% correct. bravo. If only I could put this principle to use in my own life.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:00 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.

drew

Bronze

Post by drew » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:02 pm

mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
An 8?

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:04 pm

drew wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
An 8?
Certified, baby. No pix though so stfu. :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Desert Fox wrote:Also the very fact that getting shot down by a hot girl is so uncommon means either

A) You always get hot ass without a problem. But this isn't plausable because you'd be a god amongst men, and you'd probably be with a hot girl instead of posting on TLS.

C) You're selective and rarely meet people you like enough to ask out.

drew

Bronze

Post by drew » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:05 pm

mac.empress wrote:
drew wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
An 8?
I call shenanigans

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:06 pm

mac.empress wrote:
drew wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
An 8?
You are a 4, unless you can provide a picture of yourself in front of your computer with TLS open on your screen so we know its you.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:10 pm

Ragged wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
You are a 4, unless you can provide a picture of yourself in front of your computer with TLS open on your screen so we know its you.
For all I care you could call me .5. No pix for you.

Back to OPs depressing problems...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lawschooliseasy

Bronze

Post by lawschooliseasy » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
rayiner wrote:
mrmediocre wrote:
it would appear, no?

Money is tangible. I can touch it, hold it, sleep with it or trade it for pretty new things like girls and cars.

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:16 pm

rayiner wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:Also the very fact that getting shot down by a hot girl is so uncommon means either

C) You're selective and rarely meet people you like enough to ask out.
You and your commons sense and rationality.

No1ustad

New

Post by No1ustad » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:16 pm

Tree wrote:In the summer, what kind of *job* do you expect to get?
seems "blow" may be the correct answer, hence the blunt rejection

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:17 pm

mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
This. I don't know what number I get, but what I fall for generally (nerdiness/intellectual fireworks, vulnerability [cockiness = gigantic turnoff], and some "feeling" qualities) is not readily physically apparent. If someone has all that, his attractiveness number is just not going to matter.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:21 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
This. I don't know what number I get, but what I fall for generally (nerdiness/intellectual fireworks, vulnerability [cockiness = gigantic turnoff], and some "feeling" qualities) is not readily physically apparent. If someone has all that, his attractiveness number is just not going to matter.
Girls are dumb.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
Girls are dumb.
Are you saying I'm dumb, or just atypical of girls in general? Do you think this is a reasonable approach to boy evaluation?

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:26 pm

rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:

From a chick, TITCR.
Girls are dumb.
You are bitter...and often rejected.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:28 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:Are you saying I'm dumb, or just atypical of girls in general? Do you think this is a reasonable approach to boy evaluation?
It's just my tongue-in-cheek way of saying that your approach to boy evaluation is :roll: .

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”