below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
rayiner

Platinum

Re: below median, rejected by hot girl, taking q's

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:29 pm

mac.empress wrote:You are bitter...and often rejected.
Not bitter, just shallow. Mismatched couples offend my aesthetic sensibilities.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:31 pm

rayiner wrote:
mac.empress wrote:You are bitter...and often rejected.
Not bitter, just shallow. Mismatched couples offend my aesthetic sensibilities.
Aha. I that case, we may be on the same page then. Ish.

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:32 pm

rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Are you saying I'm dumb, or just atypical of girls in general? Do you think this is a reasonable approach to boy evaluation?
It's just my tongue-in-cheek way of saying that your approach to boy evaluation is :roll: .
Okay, Ray. You're gifted at just about everything else. You tell me who I should be falling for.

rayiner

Platinum

Post by rayiner » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:33 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:Are you saying I'm dumb, or just atypical of girls in general? Do you think this is a reasonable approach to boy evaluation?
It's just my tongue-in-cheek way of saying that your approach to boy evaluation is :roll: .
Okay, Ray. You're gifted at just about everything else. You tell me who I should be falling for.
7+.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:34 pm

mac.empress wrote:
Ragged wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
Certified, baby. No pix though so stfu. :)
You are a 4, unless you can provide a picture of yourself in front of your computer with TLS open on your screen so we know its you.
For all I care you could call me .5. No pix for you.

Back to OPs depressing problems...

love the response. If you are hot enough to consider yourself an 8, humble enough not to give yourself a 10 on the internet (though you probably think you deserve it) and smart enough not to give a shit, you my friend must be hot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:35 pm

kittenmittons wrote:Dr Dre has some advice for you bro: Track 16 on the Chronic.
all kinds of win going on here.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:36 pm

mrmediocre wrote:
Modian wrote:did you explain your upward trend?
she is the boalt hall of women

read into that analogy
Ken has been there?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:39 pm

rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
rayiner wrote:
7+.
Does this apply solely to physical appearance, or to all attributes?

(The problem is that attractive boys know they are attractive, and that is unattractive.)

Also, does this mean I am in the 7 range?

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:45 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: Does this apply solely to physical appearance, or to all attributes?

(The problem is that attractive boys know they are attractive, and that is unattractive.)

This.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:46 pm

nyyankees wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
Ragged wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
Certified, baby. No pix though so stfu. :)
You are a 4, unless you can provide a picture of yourself in front of your computer with TLS open on your screen so we know its you.
For all I care you could call me .5. No pix for you.

Back to OPs depressing problems...

love the response. If you are hot enough to consider yourself an 8, humble enough not to give yourself a 10 on the internet (though you probably think you deserve it) and smart enough not to give a shit, you my friend must be hot.
:oops: ...... :mrgreen:

mrmediocre

New

Post by mrmediocre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 pm

questions?

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:48 pm

Don't worry OP that girl was probably just yield protecting you.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:51 pm

OP, plan B for chick and grades?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:52 pm

mac.empress wrote:OP, plan B for chick and grades?

Just study more and ask out every halfway decent looking girl that you see.

mrmediocre

New

Post by mrmediocre » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:53 pm

mac.empress wrote:OP, plan B for chick and grades?
none, work harder on the course material

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:00 pm

What about expanding your target region?

Maybe you're limiting yourself by only trying for a Big Law position in your immediate area.
You may be qualified for an even better position outside the vicinity you're currently applying to.

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:09 pm

mac.empress wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: Does this apply solely to physical appearance, or to all attributes?

This.
It's also much harder to 10-scale a guy, because guys can do much more to enhance their physical appearance through the use of exercise. Let's take the example of a guy who is basically a 5: No major physical deformities and not a ginger, but really nothing special going on. All of a sudden, this guy starts hitting the gym all the time, gets biceps and abs. His 10-scale rating just went way up without any appreciable change to his otherwise-average face.

Girls, on the other hand, are far less lucky in this regard. They are generally expected to be in-shape, but excessive exercise doesn't raise their rating at all and might even lower it (a girl with bigger guns/nicer abs than me would freak me out--just don't be overweight). Although other factors (boobs mainly, exceptions made for a truly shapely ass) do play in, girls are more or less forced to play the hand they were dealt facially.

Thus, there is the potential that you might fall for a guy who is in the 4-6 range, knowing that with the right investment of time and effort he has the potential to put himself into the 6-8.5/9 range. Conversely, if a guy is rated highly because of his body, you need to use caution: Don't let him start skipping workouts and eating fast food just because he's getting laid regularly, or your 8.5 bf might be a 6 before you know it.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

sapp

Bronze

Post by sapp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:13 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
mac.empress wrote:

This.
It's also much harder to 10-scale a guy, because guys can do much more to enhance their physical appearance through the use of exercise. Let's take the example of a guy who is basically a 5: No major physical deformities and not a ginger, but really nothing special going on. All of a sudden, this guy starts hitting the gym all the time, gets biceps and abs. His 10-scale rating just went way up without any appreciable change to his otherwise-average face.

Girls, on the other hand, are far less lucky in this regard. They are generally expected to be in-shape, but excessive exercise doesn't raise their rating at all and might even lower it (a girl with bigger guns/nicer abs than me would freak me out--just don't be overweight). Although other factors (boobs mainly, exceptions made for a truly shapely ass) do play in, girls are more or less forced to play the hand they were dealt facially.

Thus, there is the potential that you might fall for a guy who is in the 4-6 range, knowing that with the right investment of time and effort he has the potential to put himself into the 6-8.5/9 range. Conversely, if a guy is rated highly because of his body, you need to use caution: Don't let him start skipping workouts and eating fast food just because he's getting laid regularly, or your 8.5 bf might be a 6 before you know it.
/Begins to reconsider using the gym as a distraction from status checkers.

You speak an ugly truth sir.
Last edited by sapp on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:14 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
mac.empress wrote:

This.

LOL!

TheLuckyOne

Bronze

Post by TheLuckyOne » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:41 pm

OperaSoprano wrote: The problem is that attractive boys know they are attractive, and that is unattractive.

This reminds me of when the "10" overly confident guy asked me out and I refused without providing any good reason besides the fact that I was not in a mood. It took him ~20 minutes to clarify if I remembered who I was speaking with and how exactly he looked like. I mean he asked these questions at least 10 times. :lol: That was hilarious.
Last edited by TheLuckyOne on Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm

So much Anti-hopefulundergrad trolling in here

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wocehtoom

New

Post by wocehtoom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:00 pm

A/S/L?

....oh shit wrong forum

deathviaboredom

Bronze

Post by deathviaboredom » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:15 pm

rayiner wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
SoftBoiledLife wrote:
Rayiner, I don't get to say this much to you, but the fundamental premise of your analysis here is flawed: You are neglecting the possibility that overreaching itself can often (within a certain boundary range) provide the requisite qualification. Sure, typically a 5 hitting on an 8 will be shot down, yes, but there exist a not insignificant amount of instances wherein the boldness required for a 5 to hit on an 8 will convey to that 8 that the 5-male possesses some quality enabling him to be in her league (usually the female will assume that this is some kind of intangible, such as money, coolness, intellect, etc.).

It it precisely because most people view overreaching as a suicide mission that it is so often successful (at least for men--women have a much harder time overreaching because men are inherently far more superficial and care less about intangibles). Women are apt to assume that overreaching is just not done, and therefore the guy is in their league. By the time they figure out the truth, it's often too late and an emotional attachment has formed.
From a chick, TITCR.
This. I don't know what number I get, but what I fall for generally (nerdiness/intellectual fireworks, vulnerability [cockiness = gigantic turnoff], and some "feeling" qualities) is not readily physically apparent. If someone has all that, his attractiveness number is just not going to matter.
Girls are dumb.
TITCR

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:45 pm

TheLuckyOne wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote: The problem is that attractive boys know they are attractive, and that is unattractive.

This reminds me of when the "10" overly confident guy asked me out and I refused without providing any good reason besides the fact that I was not in a mood. It took him ~20 minutes to clarify if I remembered who I was speaking with and how exactly he looked like. I mean he asked these questions at least 10 times. :lol: That was hilarious.
I think what we're supposed to get from this post is that

A.) Enough incredibly attractive males pay you romantic attention that rejecting one requires no hesitation whatsoever.
B.) You are, accordingly, very attractive yourself.

Neither A nor B can be given any credence whatsoever until you provide pics

(Source: Restatement 2d of Internet:

§42 All internet forum posters are presumed male until proven otherwise

§42(a) If content of posting indicates that poster is female, it is valid to presume that this is factual, although such evidence is by no means to be treated as conclusive.

§42(a)(1) All internet females should be presumed supremely unattractive until pics are provided.

§42(a)(1)(A) All pics should be presumed to have been taken at a tricky "Myspace-style" angle to disguise obesity until scaled, full-body pics are provided.)

D. H2Oman

Platinum

Post by D. H2Oman » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:59 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”