Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
emoticons777

Bronze
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:28 am

Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby emoticons777 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:33 am

So, like at least a handful of others around here, I was pulled into my school off the waitlist. I ended up doing better than a good number of those who have scholarships. Looking for other anecdotal evidence, maybe just to discredit LSAT/GPA correlation, and maybe to just be spiteful to the school that waitlisted us.

LuvTheWNBA

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby LuvTheWNBA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:35 am

Waitlist/accepted to syracuse... ended up top 10%.... now im peacing

User avatar
najumobi

Silver
Posts: 1054
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby najumobi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:41 am

LuvTheWNBA wrote:Waitlist/accepted to syracuse... ended up top 10%.... now im peacing

haha....nice....are others in your classes doing the same thing?

LuvTheWNBA

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby LuvTheWNBA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:48 am

najumobi wrote:
LuvTheWNBA wrote:Waitlist/accepted to syracuse... ended up top 10%.... now im peacing

haha....nice....are others in your classes doing the same thing?


I've only talked to two other people in the top 10% and they both indicated that they're going to transfer after next semester (if they maintain their rank), unless the college gives them a juicy scholarship...

User avatar
apper123

Silver
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby apper123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:26 am

LuvTheWNBA wrote:
najumobi wrote:
LuvTheWNBA wrote:Waitlist/accepted to syracuse... ended up top 10%.... now im peacing

haha....nice....are others in your classes doing the same thing?


I've only talked to two other people in the top 10% and they both indicated that they're going to transfer after next semester (if they maintain their rank), unless the college gives them a juicy scholarship...


How often does this happen?

User avatar
kings84_wr

Silver
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby kings84_wr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:35 am

Wl/in last july. only 3/4 of the way there, but I have an A, A, and A- thus far. Unfortunately i dont think my last class can keep the streak.

Its good to see others though that were motivated to try really hard after getting in late.

eth3n

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby eth3n » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:19 am

While I love my school, the one grade I got back was CALI, so we will see what happens when spring comes around (lsat splitter WL)

sperry

Bronze
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby sperry » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:34 am

I'm startign to wonder if I should have taken a full ride at a lower ranked school and then transferred into the one I'm at now, saving myself a lot of money...

User avatar
kings84_wr

Silver
Posts: 901
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:18 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby kings84_wr » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:45 am

sperry wrote:I'm startign to wonder if I should have taken a full ride at a lower ranked school and then transferred into the one I'm at now, saving myself a lot of money...


Its pretty risky and would probably have put a lot of stress on yourself.

Plus to be honest, no one really knows how transfers will be treated at OCI this next year, it could be pretty brutal.

LuvTheWNBA

New
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:37 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby LuvTheWNBA » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:46 am

And you'd have to put the school you transferred from on your resume... which doesnt look great

User avatar
wiseowl

Silver
Posts: 1071
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby wiseowl » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 pm

it seems like everyone on this site is trying to transfer....the last two years of OCI data seem to suggest it isn't the great idea everyone thinks it is.

eth3n

Bronze
Posts: 284
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:36 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby eth3n » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:07 pm

think people are just keeping options open, with so few letting you transfer w/o spring grades, I dont think anyone can know what they will end up with by may

User avatar
apper123

Silver
Posts: 981
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 11:50 pm

Re: Waitlisters: How Did You Do?

Postby apper123 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:25 pm

eth3n wrote:think people are just keeping options open, with so few letting you transfer w/o spring grades, I dont think anyone can know what they will end up with by may


this



Return to “Forum for Law School Students�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 6 guests