MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby mac.empress » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:42 pm

megaTTTron wrote:That is so amazing. I honestly sort of wish my real name was Megatron. Although growing up would be pure hell.

All Honor To Megatron! (and the horrifying, self-esteem-destroying, future he is sure to endure as the result of idiotic parents)



That was my thought as well.

OG Loc
Posts: 102
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby OG Loc » Sat May 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Thank you MegaTTTron

User avatar
Jay-Electronica
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby Jay-Electronica » Sat May 29, 2010 8:59 pm

thanks mega

06072010
Posts: 1468
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:30 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby 06072010 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:01 pm

My study method was almost the same as this except I did the reading at the beginning of the week and again before class. Endorse.

Mal
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:06 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby Mal » Sat May 29, 2010 9:39 pm

Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

PS. Good luck transferring (if you want to) Megatron.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby megaTTTron » Sun May 30, 2010 2:29 am

Mal wrote:Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

PS. Good luck transferring (if you want to) Megatron.


You know what. I think I was a bit unclear. I had a "study group" according to your definition. The #2 and #3 students in my class and I studied for every exam together. I don't consider this a study group, just my two best friends at the school. In retrospect, I guess you could all that a "study group." What I'm referring to, is a Paper Chase study group, or anything larger than 2 or 3 people. So I would say that you are right on, Mal.

And thanks for the good luck, I will be attending a CCN in the fall!

heathbar88
Posts: 65
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:11 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby heathbar88 » Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Thanks!

User avatar
sayan
Posts: 316
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:05 am

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby sayan » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:00 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
Mal wrote:Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

PS. Good luck transferring (if you want to) Megatron.


You know what. I think I was a bit unclear. I had a "study group" according to your definition. The #2 and #3 students in my class and I studied for every exam together. I don't consider this a study group, just my two best friends at the school. In retrospect, I guess you could all that a "study group." What I'm referring to, is a Paper Chase study group, or anything larger than 2 or 3 people. So I would say that you are right on, Mal.

And thanks for the good luck, I will be attending a CCN in the fall!


How did you befriend the #2/#3 students in your class? That must be either astounding luck or deliberate effort.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby megaTTTron » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:07 pm

sayan wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:
Mal wrote:Great tips.

The one thing I will say that I disagree with is study groups. For me, they were worthwhile. I had one study partner the entire year, with a few other people occassionally joining us. This helped me in two ways. First, getting a different perspective on things can be good. Second, she was a far harder worker than me. Getting called at 10 pm to be asked a question when I had been watching TV for hours made me feel guilty. It also made me want to keep up (I am the competitive sort).

I would caveat this in that it is imperative to have people who work very hard, and are smart. The average students will not help because you will be beyond them if you are gunning for top10%+.

PS. Good luck transferring (if you want to) Megatron.


You know what. I think I was a bit unclear. I had a "study group" according to your definition. The #2 and #3 students in my class and I studied for every exam together. I don't consider this a study group, just my two best friends at the school. In retrospect, I guess you could all that a "study group." What I'm referring to, is a Paper Chase study group, or anything larger than 2 or 3 people. So I would say that you are right on, Mal.

And thanks for the good luck, I will be attending a CCN in the fall!


How did you befriend the #2/#3 students in your class? That must be either astounding luck or deliberate effort.


They were in my section, and clearly very smart (you can pick out the brilliant students from the gunners after about a week). And we just sort of fell into into it. Then second semester I guess they figured out I wasn't a complete idiot and we studied a little more together. haha.

User avatar
thexfactor
Posts: 1277
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:40 am

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby thexfactor » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:47 am

i might write a guide too. Maybe I should wait on my con law grade before doing so. I dont want to write a guide and then get a D in con law. :lol:

it is going to be called. the lazy man's guide to doing well in law school.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby Grizz » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for the great article, Mega.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby megaTTTron » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:17 pm

thexfactor wrote:i might write a guide too. Maybe I should wait on my con law grade before doing so. I dont want to write a guide and then get a D in con law. :lol:

it is going to be called. the lazy man's guide to doing well in law school.



I cannot wait to read it. There is a void in that department on TLS. To many fuckin' gunners.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 am

I'm working on a couple updates:

I'm adding more detailed sections on supplements, final exams, networking with profs, and I'm going to break down each 1L class and method for each.

This is coming in the next week or so.

ALSO -- 300th post. bitchin'

wpc1532
Posts: 62
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby wpc1532 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:17 pm

megaTTTron wrote:I'm working on a couple updates:

I'm adding more detailed sections on supplements, final exams, networking with profs, and I'm going to break down each 1L class and method for each.

This is coming in the next week or so.

ALSO -- 300th post. bitchin'

You're a machine. Thanks for the information.

kehoema2
Posts: 135
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby kehoema2 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

Wow, thanks for the advice Megatron.

User avatar
megaTTTron
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby megaTTTron » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Updated. Finally.

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby fingersxd » Fri May 13, 2011 11:05 am

Thanks Mega. This is great.

User avatar
uwb09
Posts: 574
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:09 am

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby uwb09 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:07 am

congrats on the grades mega

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby Grizz » Fri May 13, 2011 11:23 am

I love the Eire doctrine


Image

--ImageRemoved--



Ireland for the Irish dood

User avatar
whirledpeas86
Posts: 1393
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby whirledpeas86 » Fri May 13, 2011 6:24 pm

tamlyric wrote:cheers! thanks for the thread, op. :mrgreen:

User avatar
risktaker
Posts: 687
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:10 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby risktaker » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 am

tag

wojo96
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:51 am

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby wojo96 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:56 am

Tag

fingersxd
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:04 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby fingersxd » Fri May 20, 2011 6:44 pm

You're it.

Lame, I know...but I couldn't resist.

traydeuce
Posts: 680
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby traydeuce » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:26 am

megaTTTron wrote:Doing well is a commitment. It's largely about motivation. I am not a genius. There must exist some people who can barely do the work and get a 4.0. But I don't know them. The kids who beat me all worked their assess off and when I spoke to them about their grades it made sense.


Unless I'm not a person (see underline), but a law school exam-writing robot cleverly disguised as such (which would explain a lot, wouldn't it), the bolded just is not a true statement. I almost feel insulted. Actually, I have to admit, now that I have a 1 in 4 chance at finishing 1st in my trashy Law Center, I've been considering doing some work. Maybe I'll read your guide and learn how to do that...

User avatar
Kilpatrick
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 2:06 am

Re: MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:35 am

traydeuce wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:Doing well is a commitment. It's largely about motivation. I am not a genius. There must exist some people who can barely do the work and get a 4.0. But I don't know them. The kids who beat me all worked their assess off and when I spoke to them about their grades it made sense.


Unless I'm not a person (see underline), but a law school exam-writing robot cleverly disguised as such (which would explain a lot, wouldn't it), the bolded just is not a true statement. I almost feel insulted. Actually, I have to admit, now that I have a 1 in 4 chance at finishing 1st in my trashy Law Center, I've been considering doing some work. Maybe I'll read your guide and learn how to do that...


This response makes no sense. How is the bolded not a true statement? Are you saying that you got a 4.0 without doing any work and that megaTTTron knows you?




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], splitterfromhell and 2 guests