MegaTTTron's Advice For Doing Well At A T1

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
Arrow

Bronze
Posts: 168
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Arrow » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:32 pm

megaTTTron wrote:Study Groups

As Arrow would say "my answer is a resounding no." Just don't do it. Unless you're trying to hit on a cute girl/ guy. Which I did. But, of course, I did the real studying before on my own.



This was my favorite part. Don't deny, we've all done this. I also would do the "real studying" beforehand.

Thanks for sharing man! This was a great article, and I enjoyed hearing about your success too. I just wish I had your social skills, since it obviously sounded like you partied more and got the same grades and at a better school too. While I probably overstudied like crazy because I did not take any chances, a far more efficient method, may have simply been to do what you did.

Again, congrats on your success, and thanks for putting in the time to sharing your secrets as well.

Side note: I have also met megatttron in person and he is mad pimpin (you just sounded like you had a ton of friends haha) and uber smart (definitely smarter than me). It was an honor to have lived in the same building...for like 4 days haha.

User avatar
megaTTTron

Silver
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby megaTTTron » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:36 pm

Arrow wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:Study Groups

As Arrow would say "my answer is a resounding no." Just don't do it. Unless you're trying to hit on a cute girl/ guy. Which I did. But, of course, I did the real studying before on my own.



This was my favorite part. Don't deny, we've all done this. I also would do the "real studying" beforehand.

Thanks for sharing man! This was a great article, and I enjoyed hearing about your success too. I just wish I had your social skills, since it obviously sounded like you partied more and got the same grades and at a better school too. While I probably overstudied like crazy because I did not take any chances, a far more efficient method, may have simply been to do what you did.

Again, congrats on your success, and thanks for putting in the time to sharing your secrets as well.

Side note: I have also met megatttron in person and he is mad pimpin (you just sounded like you had a ton of friends haha) and uber smart (definitely smarter than me). It was an honor to have lived in the same building...for like 4 days haha.


That building man. It changes you. It's the true secret behind my success. hahah.

Inygma

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks for posting this... These threads are what makes TLS so awesome! Congrats on the grades.

User avatar
megaTTTron

Silver
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:18 pm

Inygma wrote:Thanks for posting this... These threads are what makes TLS so awesome! Congrats on the grades.



Thanks for the kind words. I used TLS all last year and through my first semester. If you want to do well, the tools are in the threads. Use the people on TLS - people are almost always eager to help!

slider

Bronze
Posts: 367
Joined: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:35 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby slider » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:21 pm

Great thread.

dreman510

Bronze
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:02 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby dreman510 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Agreed, Arrow's thread (and his personal advice that he gave to me through communication) is invaluable, and is the reason I got an A, A, and A-.

loveistheway

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:15 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby loveistheway » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:09 pm

Congrats and great advice!

User avatar
20160810

Diamond
Posts: 18121
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby 20160810 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:28 pm

jjones73 wrote:tag

thedude15 wrote:tag


Image

Inygma

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:43 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
jjones73 wrote:tag

thedude15 wrote:tag


Image


MOST EVAAAARRRRRRR

User avatar
20160810

Diamond
Posts: 18121
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby 20160810 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:45 pm

Oh don't fret, they'll be back in a few days.

Inygma

Silver
Posts: 629
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Inygma » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:48 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:Oh don't fret, they'll be back in a few days.


With a combined post count of 35, I am sure most TLS members will be holding their breath.

User avatar
megaTTTron

Silver
Posts: 980
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:26 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby megaTTTron » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:28 pm

SoftBoiledLife wrote:
jjones73 wrote:tag

thedude15 wrote:tag


Image



I laughed out loud. Thank you.

roadkilllaw

New
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:07 am

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby roadkilllaw » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:34 pm

I'm still 0L, but I also plan on following this advice :)

User avatar
jawsthegreat

Silver
Posts: 792
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby jawsthegreat » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Zojirushi wrote:tag in hopes of top 10%

User avatar
JazzOne

Gold
Posts: 2980
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby JazzOne » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:57 pm

jawsthegreat wrote:
Zojirushi wrote:tag in hopes of top 10%

JlawG

New
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby JlawG » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:44 pm

As a first-time poster and long-time visitor...people like you help all the OL's prepare for what they have to do to achieve their goals.

Thank you.

User avatar
Luis Gomez

Bronze
Posts: 429
Joined: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Luis Gomez » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:53 pm

marked for later.

User avatar
JordynAsh

Bronze
Posts: 370
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby JordynAsh » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Tagged.

Congrats on excellent grades!

User avatar
Shot007

New
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Shot007 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:05 pm

Marked

User avatar
Ragged

Silver
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Ragged » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 pm

tagging this mother

User avatar
Joga Bonito

Bronze
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:46 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Joga Bonito » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Tagged

savesthedayajb

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Great post and definitely a +1 to Arrow and the other contributors. Cant wait to get started on implementing their methods! TAGGGGG

User avatar
Interminable_Waiting

Bronze
Posts: 342
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:17 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby Interminable_Waiting » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:31 pm

Thanks. I will spend a day this spring putting this all together for my use next year. Its awesome that this stuff is here.

User avatar
jks289

Silver
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby jks289 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:37 pm

Good stuff, guys. It is really exciting to be getting to the point in the cycle where we stop obsessing over decisions and start our lives as law students.

savesthedayajb

Silver
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: +1 for Arrow and "Success in Law School"

Postby savesthedayajb » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:41 pm

jks289 wrote:Good stuff, guys. It is really exciting to be getting to the point in the cycle where we stop obsessing over decisions and start our lives as law students.


+1 so god damn exciting!




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests