No grades and professors are scaring the hell out of us

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
cconnoll

No grades and professors are scaring the hell out of us

Postby cconnoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:50 pm

We have no grades back yet. They don't roll in until next week. My professors for my section of 4 core classes are stating that my particular section has exceeded their expectations. One professor pretty much blatantly said that the curve for this years class is much higher than years past. How Shitty...

nealric

Re: No grades and professors are scaring the hell out of us

Postby nealric » Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:27 pm

It could be worse-

My 1L year, our first semester property prof came in unannounced to our civpro class to talk about grades. He basically said said that some people had failed to meet expectations and that there would be a few very bad grades handed out. Everyone was pretty much scared S**tless. Ended up that 8 people out of 100 had gotten C's/D's :roll:

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:08 pm

Id rather have threats by a professor for a couple Ds' in my section because of a lack of preparation by those individual students than have an endorsement by the professors that my sections is all the all-time gunner/on top of their-shit section.

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:09 pm

cconnoll wrote:Id rather have threats by a professor for a couple Ds' in my section because of a lack of preparation by those individual students than have an endorsement by the professors that my sections is all the all-time gunner/on top of their-shit section.

Considering law school grades are based on a curve.

Postby 20160810 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:21 pm

I only know Ks and might not get the rest of my grades until Feb. :|

nealric

Postby nealric » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:33 pm

Considering law school grades are based on a curve.

Except at GULC profs are not obligated to give any grades below a B- under the curve.

legends159

Postby legends159 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:43 pm

cconnoll wrote:Id rather have threats by a professor for a couple Ds' in my section because of a lack of preparation by those individual students than have an endorsement by the professors that my sections is all the all-time gunner/on top of their-shit section.

shouldn't you have expected that given the economy and the fact that most 1Ls are no longer delusion about job prospects by about the second week.

cconnoll

Postby cconnoll » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:36 pm

legends159 wrote:

shouldn't you have expected that given the economy and the fact that most 1Ls are no longer delusion about job prospects by about the second week.

I dont know. I am just saying it is a rather shitty situation. The professors think they are instilling confidence when they tell the entire class that the majority did really really well. But since there is a curve, the professors are just adding to 1L grades hysteria..

BattlingBarrister

Postby BattlingBarrister » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:14 pm

One of my professors called us the dumbest section.

chicoalto0649

Postby chicoalto0649 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:51 pm

BattlingBarrister wrote:One of my professors called us the dumbest section.

Serious? What school?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”