I need serious advice

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
lil10isman

I need serious advice

Postby lil10isman » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:11 am

I'm a 1L and I got an interview for a 2L associate position at a big firm in downtown Chicago through a contact. I am interviewing with one of the partners of the firm. Is there anything that I can say that can help me meet up to a more experienced 2L?

If the question comes up, "Why should I hire a 1L?", how should I answer that?

Thanks.

nickwar

Re: I need serious advice

Postby nickwar » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am

lil10isman wrote:I'm a 1L and I got an interview for a 2L associate position at a big firm in downtown Chicago through a contact. I am interviewing with one of the partners of the firm. Is there anything that I can say that can help me meet up to a more experienced 2L?

Thanks.

"Because there's no significant difference between a 1L and a 2L. Both of our legal educations are incomplete. However, I will promise that I will work my ass off for you and possess the same learning capacity as someone a year ahead of me. Plus I can order a mean coffee and am willing to work for free."

Nice hookup by the way.

tome

Postby tome » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:33 am

nickwar wrote:"Because there's no significant difference between a 1L and a 2L. Both of our legal educations are incomplete. However, I will promise that I will work my ass off for you and possess the same learning capacity as someone a year ahead of me. Plus I can order a mean coffee and am willing to work for free."

Wow, nice answer. Go with that. And mad networking skillz BTW.

mac.empress

Postby mac.empress » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:16 pm

nickwar wrote:
lil10isman wrote:I'm a 1L and I got an interview for a 2L associate position at a big firm in downtown Chicago through a contact. I am interviewing with one of the partners of the firm. Is there anything that I can say that can help me meet up to a more experienced 2L?

Thanks.

"Because there's no significant difference between a 1L and a 2L. Both of our legal educations are incomplete. However, I will promise that I will work my ass off for you and possess the same learning capacity as someone a year ahead of me. Plus I can order a mean coffee and am willing to work for free."

Nice hookup by the way.

This.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”