Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
pithypike

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby pithypike » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:24 pm

doyleoil wrote:2) chips on shoulders are difficult for most people to deal with adequately

Oh I don't know - mine's come in handy. All depends on how you channel it, I suppose.

doyleoil

Postby doyleoil » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:25 pm

pithypike wrote:
doyleoil wrote:2) chips on shoulders are difficult for most people to deal with adequately

Oh I don't know - mine's come in handy. All depends on how you channel it, I suppose.

sorry - i meant for other people - not the owners of them - was hard to phrase that correctly - :)

pithypike

Postby pithypike » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

doyleoil wrote:
pithypike wrote:

sorry - i meant for other people - not the owners of them - was hard to phrase that correctly - :)

:lol:

I'm a proud owner.

Styrofoam

Postby Styrofoam » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:38 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
Esc wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Dear people who have treated me like I'm bottom of the curve material at UoC because I'm a transfer student and don't extensively brief cases/highlight my book/etc. and didn't come from an ivy league school:

I won't say anything to you personally, but allow me to express the same sentiment that I expressed to people last year who assumed that, because I went to a shitty state school and got a "useless" degree I would be at the bottom of the class:

Fuck you, now go get me my coffee :twisted:

Wow, the people at your institutions seem like real dicks.

It is the University of Chicago. What did you expect?

As for ToTransferOrNot, congrats!!

Just for the record, the University of Chicago is not a bunch of dicks. I attend there, and enjoy it very much. I'm not sure where people get this impression.

OperaAttorney

Postby OperaAttorney » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:41 pm

Snooker wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:
Esc wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Dear people who have treated me like I'm bottom of the curve material at UoC because I'm a transfer student and don't extensively brief cases/highlight my book/etc. and didn't come from an ivy league school:

I won't say anything to you personally, but allow me to express the same sentiment that I expressed to people last year who assumed that, because I went to a shitty state school and got a "useless" degree I would be at the bottom of the class:

Fuck you, now go get me my coffee :twisted:

Wow, the people at your institutions seem like real dicks.

It is the University of Chicago. What did you expect?

As for ToTransferOrNot, congrats!!

It's pretty shocking to me. I've never heard of someone at UT acting like that.

You should get out more often, Snooker.

During the first week of class, one of my section mates, upon hearing the name of my undergraduate institution, quipped, "So...is that a good school?"

Since then, I've compiled a substantial UT LAW 1L DOUCHEBAG list. It remains unpublished, of course. I only consult it when creating a invitation list for parties.

RVP11

Postby RVP11 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:45 pm

I went to a thoroughly TTTT UG and I think only one person at UVA has ever said something remotely rude about it. Most people just reply with "Oh..."

OperaAttorney

Postby OperaAttorney » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:54 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:I went to a thoroughly TTTT UG and I think only one person at UVA has ever said something remotely rude about it. Most people just reply with "Oh..."

To be honest, I was grateful he demonstrated his douchebaggery early. I'm quite careful about the people with whom I spend my free time. He helped me avoid wasting my time :).

keylimelove

Postby keylimelove » Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:57 pm

OperaAttorney wrote:You should get out more often, Snooker.

During the first week of class, one of my section mates, upon hearing the name of my undergraduate institution, quipped, "So...is that a good school?"

Since then, I've compiled a substantial UT LAW 1L DOUCHEBAG list. It remains unpublished, of course. I only consult it when creating a invitation list for parties.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That sounds like a good idea :D

OperaAttorney

Postby OperaAttorney » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:04 pm

keylimelove wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:You should get out more often, Snooker.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That sounds like a good idea :D

Sadly, lists like mine probably exist at every law school, including the unaccredited ones LOL :). But that's the law.

agibson6

Postby agibson6 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:04 pm

My torts professor announced that grades would most likely be out tonight, but if you had the top two grades then you already knew because she already talked to you... Obviously there's been a mistake because she didn't talk to me about my grade :D

On a serious note, the grade was not posted tonight...so more waiting :cry:

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:15 pm

I randomly discovered our Civ Pro grade was posted when I logged into cMore to ensure that I was finally enrolled in my classes after all the hold up clusterfucks. It felt like a sledgehammer at first, just on account of shock.

Current feelings: nondescript.

Aeroplane

Postby Aeroplane » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 pm

I still have no grades. But got my two memo grades for Legal Practice today.

--ImageRemoved--

OperaAttorney

Postby OperaAttorney » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:20 pm

betasteve wrote:
OperaAttorney wrote:
You should get out more often, Snooker.

If the section mates was an Ivy grad, you should have snapped back with yeah.. but at least I jumped UP in brand prestige... (would have to be ok with with slightly dogging UT for not quite being T14)

LOL :).

Despite the feisty reputation I've cultivated on TLS, I can be gracious, buddy :). I felt sorry for him because he was portly, plain of face, and horribly dressed.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:31 pm

Also, the vast majority of U of C kids really aren't dicks. In fact, I know no one that's a dick. If there is dickishness, it has yet to manifest itself in the class of 2012.

superserial

Postby superserial » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:12 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:I went to a thoroughly TTTT UG and I think only one person at UVA has ever said something remotely rude about it. Most people just reply with "Oh..."

we usually do it behind your backs :P (not really... I haven't met anyone who actually cares where people went to UG).

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:15 pm

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

superserial

Postby superserial » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:29 pm

thesealocust wrote:
agibson6 wrote:My torts professor announced that grades would most likely be out tonight, but if you had the top two grades then you already knew because she already talked to you... Obviously there's been a mistake because she didn't talk to me about my grade :D

On a serious note, the grade was not posted tonight...so more waiting :cry:

Wow. That's a major dick move o.0;;

i'll take a dick move in exchange for some grades.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:54 pm

superserial wrote:

we usually do it behind your backs :P (not really... I haven't met anyone who actually cares where people went to UG).

I don't know if I care per se, but I have to admit I make favorable presumptions about the HYPS kids here.

atlantalaw

Postby atlantalaw » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:45 am

half my grades are in. i don't even know how to feel since the other half can make or break a gpa.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:58 am

Got a grade. Taking straight shots of Cointreau.

ToTransferOrNot

Postby ToTransferOrNot » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:02 am

Kohinoor wrote:Got a grade. Taking straight shots of Cointreau.

This could be interpreted as good or bad...

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:05 am

ToTransferOrNot wrote:

Cointreau shots taste like being punched in the teeth by an orange rind. If it was good there was a plan in place. A set of clothes had been prepared, bail money set aside, and a handle of Jack set down by the door.

thesealocust

Postby thesealocust » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:13 am

edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:14 am

thesealocust wrote:
Kohinoor wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:

Cointreau shots taste like being punched in the teeth by an orange rind. If it was good there was a plan in place. A set of clothes had been prepared, bail money set aside, and a handle of Jack set down by the door.

As a man who thinks he knows his liquors, I'm having a hard time envisioning a world in which Cointreau is bad news and Jack is good news. Am I reading this wrong?

Have you ever woken up on a sidewalk after drinking Cointreau? If not, Jack is a superior liquor for joyful occasions.

apper123

Postby apper123 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:16 am

Get the rest of my grades tomorrow probably. I have 2 classes (4 crediters) back right now and I'm sitting pretty. But those last 1.5 (a 4 credit + 2 credit course) could destroy my day real quick if things don't go right.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”