Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby JazzOne » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:26 pm

dresden doll wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I just got another grade. I now have two out of four. I'm not allowed to say what it is though.


Assuming your classmates don't know your real life identity, I can't imagine why you couldn't share.

Strangely enough, there are two other regular TLSers in my small group (~20 people). I doubt either of them would be offended, but the proper decorum seems to forbid it.

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby CE2JD » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:36 pm

steve_nash wrote:
mallard wrote:Pretty sure B+ is at least median almost everywhere.


maybe for the t14. My school (a good school) curves to around a B.


mallard has a t14-centric world view. The non-t14 schools are so beneath him that he doesn't acknowledge them as actual law schools.

Also, don't get him started on state schools.

gollymolly
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby gollymolly » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:48 pm

TTT-LS wrote:I think professors must have grades in to the registrar by Monday 1/11.


Do you know why grades won't be out until Friday if they have to be turned in Monday? It can't take that long to check for curve compliance.

pasteurizedmilk
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby pasteurizedmilk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:59 pm

CE2JD wrote:
steve_nash wrote:
mallard wrote:Pretty sure B+ is at least median almost everywhere.


maybe for the t14. My school (a good school) curves to around a B.


mallard has a t14-centric world view. The non-t14 schools are so beneath him that he doesn't acknowledge them as actual law schools.

Also, don't get him started on state schools.


the anti-state school thing seems common around here. i don't really get it. i attended a state school because it was cheap and near home. the only LS exam i've taken so far i was model answer for - put that in your pipe and smoke it you elitist pricks. :lol:

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby mallard » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 pm

lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby CE2JD » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:09 pm

mallard wrote:lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.


I know. I just had to seize the opportunity to take a cheap shot.

<3

User avatar
mallard
Posts: 1092
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:45 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby mallard » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:12 pm

CE2JD wrote:
mallard wrote:lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.


I know. I just had to seize the opportunity to take a cheap shot.

<3


I'm watching the game all alone. I can't believe I'm posting in a grades thread right now.

User avatar
dresden doll
Posts: 6802
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:11 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby dresden doll » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 pm

mallard wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
mallard wrote:lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.


I know. I just had to seize the opportunity to take a cheap shot.

<3


I'm watching the game all alone. I can't believe I'm posting in a grades thread right now.


zOMG, THE DUCK IS ELITIST! ELITIST, I SAY!

<3. Back away from the thread, and go get trashed at Bar Review.

User avatar
CE2JD
Posts: 929
Joined: Tue Oct 14, 2008 8:33 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby CE2JD » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:16 pm

betasteve wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
mallard wrote:lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.


I know. I just had to seize the opportunity to take a cheap shot.

<3

hypocrite


Oh, c'mon... it's 8 o'clock in the PM. I didn't blindside him in the wee hours of the morning like you did to me.

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby TTT-LS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:17 pm

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TTT-LS
Posts: 764
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby TTT-LS » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:18 pm

.
Last edited by TTT-LS on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kimber1028
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:59 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby kimber1028 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 pm

Does anyone know when the grade distributions are normally posted for most schools? Is it right away, or is that something we have to wait for if we don't get ranked until after spring term?

gollymolly
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:32 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby gollymolly » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:33 pm

TTT-LS wrote:
gollymolly wrote:
TTT-LS wrote:I think professors must have grades in to the registrar by Monday 1/11.


Do you know why grades won't be out until Friday if they have to be turned in Monday? It can't take that long to check for curve compliance.

I'm only guessing, but my impression is that there are a small # of stragglers who come in late w/grades. Add those delays to the need for time to check curve compliance, and a 2-3 day delay makes sense. This is particularly so if enforcing the curve requires a professor to re-grade a set of exams (or part of a set), for instance if she handed out too many As or something.


Alright, that makes sense. Thanks for posting those dates. Even if they turn out to be wrong, maybe I'll stop refreshing Caesar once an hour "just in case"

User avatar
steve_nash
Posts: 256
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:35 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby steve_nash » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:35 pm

.
Last edited by steve_nash on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
OperaAttorney
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:48 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby OperaAttorney » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:36 pm

JazzOne wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I just got another grade. I now have two out of four. I'm not allowed to say what it is though.


Assuming your classmates don't know your real life identity, I can't imagine why you couldn't share.

Strangely enough, there are two other regular TLSers in my small group (~20 people). I doubt either of them would be offended, but the proper decorum seems to forbid it.


A few others from our small group visit TLS, JazzOne. They're lurkers, I think.

I was on the road when I received a text about our torts grade :(. My Blackberry sucks, so I had to wait until I got home to check it. LONG LIVE ANDERSON!

pasteurizedmilk
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby pasteurizedmilk » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 pm

dresden doll wrote:
mallard wrote:
CE2JD wrote:
mallard wrote:lol, CE, let's not get started on this thread.

Also, "at least" means... Actually, if you actually read the statement, including "at least," the T14 is the only place it doesn't hold, I think.


I know. I just had to seize the opportunity to take a cheap shot.

<3


I'm watching the game all alone. I can't believe I'm posting in a grades thread right now.


zOMG, THE DUCK IS ELITIST! ELITIST, I SAY!

<3. Back away from the thread, and go get trashed at Bar Review.


Nah I wasn't saying mallard is elitist. just saying people who look down on state schoolers are.

it has been beneficial for me though. excellent motivation.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:41 am

OperaAttorney wrote:
JazzOne wrote:
dresden doll wrote:
JazzOne wrote:I just got another grade. I now have two out of four. I'm not allowed to say what it is though.


Assuming your classmates don't know your real life identity, I can't imagine why you couldn't share.

Strangely enough, there are two other regular TLSers in my small group (~20 people). I doubt either of them would be offended, but the proper decorum seems to forbid it.


A few others from our small group visit TLS, JazzOne. They're lurkers, I think.

I was on the road when I received a text about our torts grade :(. My Blackberry sucks, so I had to wait until I got home to check it. LONG LIVE ANDERSON!

I'm glad you're happy, OA. I haven't seen Daico online lately.

Bankhead
Posts: 1124
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:50 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby Bankhead » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:17 am

^
This has got to be the most subtle grade bragging I have ever seen.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

Bankhead wrote:^
This has got to be the most subtle grade bragging I have ever seen.

It's not bragging at all. OperaAttorney, Daico, and I have been in this together for a semester. I honestly care how they did, and I enjoy chatting with them about our progress. Sorry if it came across as arrogant.

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby mac.empress » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 am

ObLaDiObLaDa wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Got a grade today. FML. Need booze immediately, also a time machine.


As much as I want my grades, I often wonder if I'll look back and think, "yeah, you were better off when you didn't know."



+1

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:27 am

nM
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby mac.empress » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:33 am

thesealocust wrote:
mac.empress wrote:
ObLaDiObLaDa wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Got a grade today. FML. Need booze immediately, also a time machine.


As much as I want my grades, I often wonder if I'll look back and think, "yeah, you were better off when you didn't know."



+1


Yeah, and I feel like whether they're good or bad it's going to take force of will I'm not sure I have to start second semester fresh. I was just barely getting used to that round of classes -.-


I can only imagine the stress. *Wishes she could store up sleep* I'm really gonna need it.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:37 am

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mac.empress
Posts: 302
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby mac.empress » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:41 am

thesealocust wrote:
mac.empress wrote:I can only imagine the stress. *Wishes she could store up sleep* I'm really gonna need it.


Caffeine pills are way cheaper than sleep :twisted:


+1. I can always look sleep up in the dictionary if I miss it.

Caffeine pills + Vitamins (so you don't catch the cold) is better though. To supplement the junk food diet.

User avatar
thesealocust
Posts: 8442
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:50 pm

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Postby thesealocust » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:51 am

n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests