Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
wpc1532

New

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Post by wpc1532 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:52 pm

imchuckbass58 wrote:
enygma wrote: i mean, they've gotta grade 60+ 20+ page finals. if you want them to do a decent job, that'll take a lot of time.
My crim professor is a federal judge. That is, he has a full-time day job. Yet he still managed not only to grade 108 3.5 hour in-class exams in 4 weeks, but also write comments on all of them and produce a 30 page written commentary showing what he gave points for and how he would have analyzed the questions. ...
matriculating 0L here...

Wow, the 30 page commentary sounds great. Are you aware of that at any other law school?

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

wpc1532 wrote:Wow, the 30 page commentary sounds great. Are you aware of that at any other law school?
One of my profs did this. It just depends on the professor you get and how much they care about giving you feedback. It's totally random in that regard, because at high and low ranked schools alike, there's a mix of profs with different styles and different levels of giving a damn.

imchuckbass58

Silver

Post by imchuckbass58 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:54 pm

wpc1532 wrote: matriculating 0L here...

Wow, the 30 page commentary sounds great. Are you aware of that at any other law school?
I don't know about other law schools, but I imagine there are some professors that do it. Several CLS professors do, though they are a distinct minority.

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:56 pm

Edit: n/m
Last edited by thesealocust on Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mac.empress

Bronze

Post by mac.empress » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:35 am

06132010 wrote:need con law.
+1

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Other25BeforeYou

Silver

Post by Other25BeforeYou » Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:33 am

thesealocust wrote:A few profs had something you could see (model answer, etc.) if you went in to ask. Some emailed info around. By far the most common was the terrifying black box.

13 weeks of class -> 1 week of studying -> 4 exam -> 4-6 weeks of waiting -> One letter grade (and the rest is silence)
Most common at my school was making exams available to students, along with the top scoring answers from the class, so the students could compare their test and the best answer.

The only professor I had that didn't do this sent out a professor written model answer/discussion of the exam.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”