Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
RVP11

Gold

Re: Waiting for 1L grades...so much worse than waiting for LSATs

Post by RVP11 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:14 am

*Vanwinkle drops more not-so-subtle hints as to the level of his grades*

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:14 pm

JSUVA2012 wrote:*Vanwinkle drops more not-so-subtle hints as to the level of his grades*
You guys are silly. You're all going to wind up finding out from each other eventually, unless one of you has far better self control than my classmates and I ever had. :oops:

samiseaborn

Bronze

Post by samiseaborn » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:05 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
JSUVA2012 wrote:*Vanwinkle drops more not-so-subtle hints as to the level of his grades*
You guys are silly. You're all going to wind up finding out from each other eventually, unless one of you has far better self control than my classmates and I ever had. :oops:
It's been 2 weeks and I can honestly say that I don't know anyone else's grades here, even after a night of drinking with my section. I can make general (read:probably incorrect) assumptions from changes in studying style and the type of jobs people are applying for, but that's about it. Could be the result of being at a T2 where everyone is desperate to dominate and transfer out I guess.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:49 pm

My GPA has a 3 in it.

omg

Bronze

Post by omg » Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:41 pm

OperaSoprano wrote:
I think a lot of us UVA'ers on here are in different sections and don't talk all that much outside of these boards, haha...unless I'm just the loner who's missing out. And even within sections (at least in mine), there's not much grade-sharing that I know of.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

napolnic

Bronze

Post by napolnic » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:38 pm

omg wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:
I think a lot of us UVA'ers on here are in different sections and don't talk all that much outside of these boards, haha...unless I'm just the loner who's missing out. And even within sections (at least in mine), there's not much grade-sharing that I know of.
Very true; I only talk to one person on TLS at UVA. And that person never posts. (I may or may not be guilty of passing people I know are on TLS without a nod, Pai Mei would be livid)

YCrevolution

Gold

Post by YCrevolution » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:50 pm

Kohinoor

Gold

Post by Kohinoor » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:51 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
My GPA has a 3 in it.
braggart

RVP11

Gold

Post by RVP11 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:16 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
My GPA has a 3 in it.
Mine has a 4. Maybe more than one.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:34 am

I'm embarrassed, but in my defense I was suffering from extreme emotional distress and got ambushed.

EED would have been my reaction to a 4.0 or a 2.0. Getting grades back nearly broke me, though the grades in question were fine, excluding my long memo.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:39 am

So I have an OCI interview on Tues. at noon, and I am expected to bring my transcript. I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TRANSCRIPT BECAUSE MY CONTRACTS PROFESSOR CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TURN GRADES IN ON TIME!

Oh, but I'm sure the employer will understand that....

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:44 am

Renzo wrote:So I have an OCI interview on Tues. at noon, and I am expected to bring my transcript. I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TRANSCRIPT BECAUSE MY CONTRACTS PROFESSOR CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TURN GRADES IN ON TIME!

Renzo, congrats! :evil: at your professor. Can you bring a printout of what you have?

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:47 am

OperaSoprano wrote:
Renzo wrote:So I have an OCI interview on Tues. at noon, and I am expected to bring my transcript. I DON'T HAVE A FUCKING TRANSCRIPT BECAUSE MY CONTRACTS PROFESSOR CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO TURN GRADES IN ON TIME!

Renzo, congrats! :evil: at your professor. Can you bring a printout of what you have?
Oh, there's no congrats, all I did was win a lottery for a slot. There's zero chance I'll get the job, but that won't stop me from wasting their time and mine by interviewing! I think I'm going to demand a note from my professor explaining her inability to do her job. I know it won't help me, but it would be satisfying.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

OperaSoprano

Gold

Post by OperaSoprano » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:59 am

Renzo wrote:
OperaSoprano wrote:

Oh, there's no congrats, all I did was win a lottery for a slot. There's zero chance I'll get the job, but that won't stop me from wasting their time and mine by interviewing! I think I'm going to demand a note from my professor explaining her inability to do her job. I know it won't help me, but it would be satisfying.
:cry: There is not zero chance you'll get the job once they meet you.

sperry

Bronze

Post by sperry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:57 am

Grades are supposed to be up today, but either they haven't been posted, or none of my professor's have turned their grades in. At this point neither option would surprise me.

caoyun

Bronze

Post by caoyun » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:01 am

sperry wrote:Grades are supposed to be up today, but either they haven't been posted, or none of my professor's have turned their grades in. At this point neither option would surprise me.

Penn?

Ditto. My guess is that someone in the Registrar's office simply needs to press a button (probably for each class) and maybe hasn't gotten around to it yet. I find it unlikely that NONE of the professors have turned them in yet.

sophie316

Bronze

Post by sophie316 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:48 pm

I got the impression from that email/anecdotes of friends that its often NYU not the profs that are slow, since they have to fill in scantron sheets and send them to the registrar...I do not understand how they can have an absurdly complex online bidding system for classes but not web grading that can check the curve, but there we go.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

superserial

Bronze

Post by superserial » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:23 pm

I WANT GRADES :evil:

sperry

Bronze

Post by sperry » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:49 pm

I have half my grades. They are splittertastic.

Renzo

Gold

Post by Renzo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:52 pm

sophie316 wrote:

I got the impression from that email/anecdotes of friends that its often NYU not the profs that are slow, since they have to fill in scantron sheets and send them to the registrar...I do not understand how they can have an absurdly complex online bidding system for classes but not web grading that can check the curve, but there we go.
This is generally true, but in this case it was the prof. One of my classmates asked her about them more than a week after the deadline and she said she was "working on them"--as in present tense.

Esc

Silver

Post by Esc » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:12 pm

Prof told someone in the class that the grade would be up today. It isn't up. gah.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Godfuckingdamnit, this is the FOURTH WEEK OF CLASSES (almost 1/2 through the freaking quarter) and I STILL don't have one of my grades.

I could be looking at having a shot at K&E scholar or I could just be moderately above the median depending on how the last grade (which was worth 4 credits, as opposed to 3 for each of my other classes) falls out.

Jesus Christ, jackass. The grade deadline was Jan. 15. You had MAYBE 60 people in your class. Your exam was ridiculously short; even I only managed 19 pages out of it, and I normally write novels. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB. We took this exam 7 fucking weeks ago. Combined with the fact that you are a fucking horrible professor--probably my worst teacher for any subject since grade school--you are the personification of everything that is wrong with the tenure system.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

thesealocust

Platinum

Post by thesealocust » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:02 pm

edit: never mind
Last edited by thesealocust on Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ToTransferOrNot

Gold

Post by ToTransferOrNot » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:04 pm

thesealocust wrote:
ToTransferOrNot wrote:Godfuckingdamnit, this is the FOURTH WEEK OF CLASSES (almost 1/2 through the freaking quarter) and I STILL don't have one of my grades.

I could be looking at having a shot at K&E scholar or I could just be moderately above the median depending on how the last grade (which was worth 4 credits, as opposed to 3 for each of my other classes) falls out.

Jesus Christ, jackass. The grade deadline was Jan. 15. You had MAYBE 60 people in your class. Your exam was ridiculously short; even I only managed 19 pages out of it, and I normally write novels. DO YOUR FUCKING JOB. We took this exam 7 fucking weeks ago. Combined with the fact that you are a fucking horrible professor--probably my worst teacher for any subject since grade school--you are the personification of everything that is wrong with the tenure system.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Look, TToN, this is the internet. You don't have to be so circumspect, I think you can tell us how you really feel. We would understand.
I will attempt to be less subtle in the future.

Cavalier

Gold

Post by Cavalier » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:57 pm

My small section professor, who only has 30 exams to grade, still hasn't finished. Given that he imposed a ridiculous limit of 1250 words, is it too much to expect him to be finished by now? I mean, if he had just left the stack by the toilet and graded one per day he'd be done by now.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”