Anyone planning on dropping out if they get bad grades?

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
virginny

Anyone planning on dropping out if they get bad grades?

Postby virginny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:32 am

What if you're at median or below? Would you consider dropping out or would you wait another semester?

I'm at a T10 and probably won't know my grades until well after the New Year.

Just wondering if anyone has a 'cut and run' plan.

macattaq

Re: Anyone planning on dropping out if they get bad grades?

Postby macattaq » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:35 am

Actually, I was planning on cutting my wrists and letting the blood run if I don't get Modern Warfare 2 for Xmas. Screw grades.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:39 am

macattaq wrote:Actually, I was planning on cutting my wrists and letting the blood run if I don't get Modern Warfare 2 for Xmas. Screw grades.

For single or multi player? Just so you know, the single player storyline sucks balls, it has exactly nothing about the first game that made the first one so enjoyable.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:42 am

I think MWF2 has terrible graphics. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, buth WOW was intense, this new one reminds me of that Time Crisis video game you'd see in arcades. Everything looks like bad 1990's tron 3-D, and I think all the guns suck. they are more or less the same. In WOW each gun had strengths and weaknesses in MWF2, it's like...3 bullets you are dead.

Don't get me started on the kill-bonus helicopters and stuff.

sperry

Postby sperry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:45 am

virginny wrote:What if you're at median or below? Would you consider dropping out or would you wait another semester?

GPA under 2.5 and I'm gone.

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:46 am

macattaq wrote:Actually, I was planning on cutting my wrists and letting the blood run if I don't get Modern Warfare 2 for Xmas. Screw grades.

That's a great idea, Marcus. Make sure to get it for computer though.
Last edited by Tanicius on Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:47 am

Cupidity wrote:I think MWF2 has terrible graphics. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, buth WOW was intense, this new one reminds me of that Time Crisis video game you'd see in arcades. Everything looks like bad 1990's tron 3-D, and I think all the guns suck. they are more or less the same. In WOW each gun had strengths and weaknesses in MWF2, it's like...3 bullets you are dead.

Did you mean: WAW?

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:48 am

dextermorgan wrote:
Cupidity wrote:I think MWF2 has terrible graphics. I don't know if anyone else agrees with me, buth WOW was intense, this new one reminds me of that Time Crisis video game you'd see in arcades. Everything looks like bad 1990's tron 3-D, and I think all the guns suck. they are more or less the same. In WOW each gun had strengths and weaknesses in MWF2, it's like...3 bullets you are dead.

Did you mean: WAW?

That's what I'm assuming. The only thing I ever hear about people in WOW doing is gold farming.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:49 am

Haha. Yes, of course. World at War. God I'm such a beast at Der Reise.

A'nold

Postby A'nold » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 am

Nope. In it for the long haul. This is my future career, cut and dried.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:50 am

virginny wrote:What if you're at median or below? Would you consider dropping out or would you wait another semester?

What're your other options?

landmanpat

Postby landmanpat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:51 am

Terrible graphics seriously? Do you use HDMI? I recently switched from MW with coaxial to MW2 with HDMI and it looks amazing. I agree that the guns kinda suck, especially when you are playing against someone w/ akimbo 1887s... you can't stop that at close range...

Tanicius

Postby Tanicius » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:52 am

landmanpat wrote:

Terrible graphics seriously? Do you use HDMI? I recently switched from MW with coaxial to MW2 with HDMI and it looks amazing. I agree that the guns kinda suck, especially when you are playing against someone w/ akimbo 1887s... you can't stop that at close range...

They nerfed the 87's in the latest patch. Their range is much shorter now.

virginny

Postby virginny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:56 am

rayiner wrote:

Go back to the engineering world

or

work at McDonalds.

virginny

Postby virginny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:57 am

A'nold wrote:Nope. In it for the long haul. This is my future career, cut and dried.

So what if you're in the bottom of your class? Does this affect your future career plans?

I'm assuming it would unless you didn't want Biglaw or you're attending HYS.

Duchovnysfan

Postby Duchovnysfan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:57 am

Nah, I am in for the long haul despite outcome. I am hoping it's good though. If not, I have to reassess what I did wrong and not make the same mistake twice.

I'll go without saying Legal Writing blows mainly because I have a horrid professor.

landmanpat

Postby landmanpat » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:58 am

Tanicius wrote:
landmanpat wrote:

They nerfed the 87's in the latest patch. Their range is much shorter now.

Oh that's exciting, makes life a little easier...

sperry

Postby sperry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:01 am

I'm not paying for a T14 though if I'm bottom of the class. I'll transfer to a state school in my home state, since it's not like I would have any better career options with bottom of the class T14.

virginny

Postby virginny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:03 am

sperry wrote:I'm not paying for a T14 though if I'm bottom of the class. I'll transfer to a state school in my home state, since it's not like I would have any better career options with bottom of the class T14.

Would it even be cheaper for you to 'transfer down'? Would you be able to get a scholly or would the only savings be from lower tuition?

I've never even heard of people transferring down.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:04 am

virginny wrote:
rayiner wrote:

Go back to the engineering world

or

work at McDonalds.

We're not in entirely different situations. I think I said at some point before that I'd be happy with a low-end patent job in whatever bumblefuck part of the country I can find it. If it looks like that's going to be out of the picture, then dropping out might seem pretty attractive...

virginny

Postby virginny » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:07 am

rayiner wrote:We're not in entirely different situations. I think I said at some point before that I'd be happy with a low-end patent job in whatever bumblefuck part of the country I can find it. If it looks like that's going to be out of the picture, then dropping out might seem pretty attractive...

I've been told IP is a safe-haven, but I'm not sure how desirable I'll be with my non-EE engineering degree.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:13 am

virginny wrote:
rayiner wrote:We're not in entirely different situations. I think I said at some point before that I'd be happy with a low-end patent job in whatever bumblefuck part of the country I can find it. If it looks like that's going to be out of the picture, then dropping out might seem pretty attractive...

I've been told IP is a safe-haven, but I'm not sure how desirable I'll be with my non-EE engineering degree.

We'll both find out! :lol:

Kohinoor

Postby Kohinoor » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:18 am

Out if not grading onto law review.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:19 am

Kohinoor wrote:Out if not grading onto law review.

No faith in your write-on abilities?

(It's okay if you don't, I don't either.)

sperry

Postby sperry » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:29 am

virginny wrote:
sperry wrote:I'm not paying for a T14 though if I'm bottom of the class. I'll transfer to a state school in my home state, since it's not like I would have any better career options with bottom of the class T14.

Would it even be cheaper for you to 'transfer down'? Would you be able to get a scholly or would the only savings be from lower tuition?

I've never even heard of people transferring down.

It would be like 1/3 of what I'm currently paying if I transferred to my home state's major law school and got in state tuition.

I figure people come to T14 because they want Big Law, Academia, and/ or Clerkships, and if you have shit for grades you aren't getting any of them, so why continue to pay out the ass when you could get a degree that provides the same career prospects for 1/3 the price.

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”