The tattooed lawyer

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby 98234872348 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:25 am

Mr. Matlock wrote:Only a shallow, naive idiot could contemplate starting such a moronic thread.

This.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Drake014 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:39 am

mistergoft wrote:
Mr. Matlock wrote:Only a shallow, naive idiot could contemplate starting such a moronic thread.

This.


Mr. Matlock is one of those rare posters where I can just say

+1 for whatever he says

User avatar
20160810
Posts: 19648
Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 1:18 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby 20160810 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:37 pm

Image

Pearalegal
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Pearalegal » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:46 pm

I'm extremely waspy, pay too much for my apartment and have a tattoo. Wut?

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Fark-o-vision » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:54 pm

The internet is fun.

User avatar
orangeswarm
Posts: 198
Joined: Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:38 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby orangeswarm » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:20 pm

lstoller wrote:wait i dont get the point of the thread. are you shocked that a lawyer has a tattoo? must be a southerner. im from LA and a lot of lawyers have tatts. my whole back is tattooed and im going to Loyola LA with a 66k scholarship. i hope i dont shock anyone


It’s funny that you chastise the OP for allegedly stereotyping that a lawyer should not have tattoos (although this is clearly not the purpose of the OP's post, but whatever), yet in the same stroke of the keyboard you make a ridiculous overgeneralization about those who live in the south? Pot meet kettle. :D

itsfine
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:07 am

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby itsfine » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:36 pm

avacado111 wrote:and?

what a pointless thread.



Then don't write anything

Connelly
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:10 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Connelly » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:25 am

Tattooed arms are weak. Bring it to the face if you want to have any kind of fun in a courtroom.

GeesesAintTeethes
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby GeesesAintTeethes » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:32 am

I'm tatted as well. I have a she-demon on my left arm. It's rather big and colorful. Mexicans get tattoos of chicks. So, rather than get the ranchera on my belly, I got a she-demon with big ol'tits on my left arm.
My next one will be a she-angel on my right arm. Cheesy, but nice theme. I also used to have the words "Trust No B*tch" tatted, but they were removed because that phrase is not very p.c. Oh yeah, one last thing, I have stretched out ear lobes, lol.

agibson6
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby agibson6 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:49 am

GeesesAintTeethes wrote:I'm tatted as well. I have a she-demon on my left arm. It's rather big and colorful. Mexicans get tattoos of chicks. So, rather than get the ranchera on my belly, I got a she-demon with big ol'tits on my left arm.
My next one will be a she-angel on my right arm. Cheesy, but nice theme. I also used to have the words "Trust No B*tch" tatted, but they were removed because that phrase is not very p.c. Oh yeah, one last thing, I have stretched out ear lobes, lol.


Well, if you decide not to pursue a law career, you will always be able to come back to babysitting.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby thegor1987 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:12 am

Connelly wrote:Tattooed arms are weak. Bring it to the face if you want to have any kind of fun in a courtroom.


face tats are gnarly, I saw that shit in real life a few times

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Drake014 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:14 am

orangeswarm wrote:
lstoller wrote:wait i dont get the point of the thread. are you shocked that a lawyer has a tattoo? must be a southerner. im from LA and a lot of lawyers have tatts. my whole back is tattooed and im going to Loyola LA with a 66k scholarship. i hope i dont shock anyone


It’s funny that you chastise the OP for allegedly stereotyping that a lawyer should not have tattoos (although this is clearly not the purpose of the OP's post, but whatever), yet in the same stroke of the keyboard you make a ridiculous overgeneralization about those who live in the south? Pot meet kettle. :D


They also speak with a southern accent. Yeah, that's right. I stereotyped them.

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:15 am

thegor1987 wrote:
Connelly wrote:Tattooed arms are weak. Bring it to the face if you want to have any kind of fun in a courtroom.


face tats are gnarly, I saw that shit in real life a few times


I wouldn't want to be up against counsel with a tiger face makeover.

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Drake014 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:17 am

shadowfrost000 wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:
Connelly wrote:Tattooed arms are weak. Bring it to the face if you want to have any kind of fun in a courtroom.


face tats are gnarly, I saw that shit in real life a few times


I wouldn't want to be up against counsel with a tiger face makeover.


The first time I saw that guy, I was disturbed for several hours afterwards. Cat people have just always tripped me out for some reason. When I was a kid, I saw a poster for the Broadway show Cats. It gave me nightmares.

thegor1987
Posts: 323
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby thegor1987 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:57 am

god this is just adding to my anxiety of waiting for dec. score release. Most the test takers at my center were wearing long sleeves, what if they all had tattooed arms under there that I couldn't see! there would be no hope for a generous curve.

but all joking aside, I don't see why OP has gotten such negative responses, it is a bit unusual to see a professional with sleeves of tats on both arms, come on now

User avatar
Tangerine Gleam
Posts: 1349
Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:50 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Tangerine Gleam » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:03 am

I hope my "...AND JUSTICE FOR NONE" neck tat doesn't bother anyone at OCI.

Tifoso
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 am

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Tifoso » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:10 am

I know a lawyer who got a neck tattoo mostly to fuck with people's heads in court... whatever, not that interesting...

User avatar
Jim_Stansel
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:16 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Jim_Stansel » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:38 am

Tifoso wrote:I know a lawyer who got a neck tattoo mostly to fuck with people's heads in court... whatever, not that interesting...


Fuck with whose heads, the opposing counsel? I doubt that was effective. As a trial lawyer, I would probably never get any visible tattoos to avoid arousing prejudice in a judge, jury, or potential clients. If I did get such a tattoo, it would be the scales of justice on my forehead.

Tifoso
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:10 am

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Tifoso » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:51 am

Jim_Stansel wrote:
Tifoso wrote:I know a lawyer who got a neck tattoo mostly to fuck with people's heads in court... whatever, not that interesting...


Fuck with whose heads, the opposing counsel? I doubt that was effective. As a trial lawyer, I would probably never get any visible tattoos to avoid arousing prejudice in a judge, jury, or potential clients. If I did get such a tattoo, it would be the scales of justice on my forehead.


I guess he wanted to prove a point (don't judge a book by its cover). I don't think it was a way to help him win trials. At least I can't see how anyone would think that. I also would not get any visible tattoos (arm tattoos are not visible under a shirt or jacket.)

GeesesAintTeethes
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:12 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby GeesesAintTeethes » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:47 pm

agibson6 wrote:
GeesesAintTeethes wrote:I'm tatted as well. I have a she-demon on my left arm. It's rather big and colorful. Mexicans get tattoos of chicks. So, rather than get the ranchera on my belly, I got a she-demon with big ol'tits on my left arm.
My next one will be a she-angel on my right arm. Cheesy, but nice theme. I also used to have the words "Trust No B*tch" tatted, but they were removed because that phrase is not very p.c. Oh yeah, one last thing, I have stretched out ear lobes, lol.


Well, if you decide not to pursue a law career, you will always be able to come back to babysitting.


Already doing the babysitting since your mom made a special request.

User avatar
goosey
Posts: 1543
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby goosey » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:18 pm

shadowfrost000 wrote:
thegor1987 wrote:
Connelly wrote:Tattooed arms are weak. Bring it to the face if you want to have any kind of fun in a courtroom.


face tats are gnarly, I saw that shit in real life a few times


I wouldn't want to be up against counsel with a tiger face makeover.

--ImageRemoved--



call me ignorant, judgemental, or whatever else, but Im sorry--people like that must have a few screws loose. why on earth would you purposely make yourself look unattractive? its like the goth kids in hs that insist on wearing black lipstick and dressing in all black because they refuse to sell into the status quo and dont need to "fit in" and just want to be "individuals" and "Express themselves" and yet somehow, every other goth kid finds the *same* exact way to express their "inidviduality"--in the end, they dress in a way that allows them to fit in with a specific group, and they pride themselves on not caring what anybody else thinks, but really its just a defense mechanism. </end gross generalization>

User avatar
MC Southstar
Posts: 1238
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby MC Southstar » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:22 pm

goosey wrote:call me ignorant, judgemental, or whatever else, but Im sorry--people like that must have a few screws loose. why on earth would you purposely make yourself look unattractive? its like the goth kids in hs that insist on wearing black lipstick and dressing in all black because they refuse to sell into the status quo and dont need to "fit in" and just want to be "individuals" and "Express themselves" and yet somehow, every other goth kid finds the *same* exact way to express their "inidviduality"--in the end, they dress in a way that allows them to fit in with a specific group, and they pride themselves on not caring what anybody else thinks, but really its just a defense mechanism. </end gross generalization>


I don't think goth kids have anything to do with this guy. I think he genuinely believes he should have been born a cat. Actually being unique just gets you alienated, and teenage kids' self-confidence levels are low enough already, come on.

User avatar
rayiner
Posts: 6184
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:43 am

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby rayiner » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Grow up hippies.

User avatar
The Zeppelin
Posts: 198
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:03 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby The Zeppelin » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:26 pm

lstoller wrote:wait i dont get the point of the thread. are you shocked that a lawyer has a tattoo? must be a southerner. im from LA and a lot of lawyers have tatts. my whole back is tattooed and im going to Loyola LA with a 66k scholarship. i hope i dont shock anyone

You're a douchebag.

User avatar
Drake014
Posts: 886
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Postby Drake014 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:28 pm

The Zeppelin wrote:
lstoller wrote:wait i dont get the point of the thread. are you shocked that a lawyer has a tattoo? must be a southerner. im from LA and a lot of lawyers have tatts. my whole back is tattooed and im going to Loyola LA with a 66k scholarship. i hope i dont shock anyone

You're a douchebag.


Its true. Southerners are an inferior people. All that inbreeding.




Return to “Forum for Law School Students”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Clearly, LawHammer and 8 guests