The tattooed lawyer Forum

(Study Tips, Dealing With Stress, Maintaining a Social Life, Financial Aid, Internships, Bar Exam, Careers in Law . . . )
Ignatius J. Reilly

New

Re: The tattooed lawyer

Post by Ignatius J. Reilly » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:34 pm

I have many tattoos. I actually thought it was interesting that I found this thread considering I just got another tattoo today. I have been smart, though, because none of my tattoos are visible in work attire, not even in super casual clothing. My boss would have to take me swimming or to a sauna (which would be weird) to see my tattoos. By the way, I do not go to a crappy law school and I am ranked above the median. See, tattooed lawyers can be successful.

Cardboardbox

Bronze

Post by Cardboardbox » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:10 pm

Lonagan wrote:
crazycanuck wrote:I'm curious what the tiger face guy does for a living, and what he used to look like before he got all altered.

Also, what was he like as a child.
obvs
I cracked the hell up when I saw this. luckily almost no one (including my boss) is in at work to hear me laughing like an idiot. I have nothing to contribute to this thread aside from encouraging the funnies to keep on coming :x

Ignatius J. Reilly

New

Post by Ignatius J. Reilly » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:22 am

Maybe you should get a tattoo of it.

Yimbeezy

Bronze

Post by Yimbeezy » Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:30 am

Renzo wrote:
thebunk wrote:not saying here that tattoos are liberating the masses like Ghandi. but remember that beethoven's music was considered self-indulgent and obscene, van gogh's paintings were initially seen in the same way, and that women wearing pants was once regarded as an outrageous example of moral dissolution (self-expression through style at its finest).

ultimately, why judge people over something as trivial as appearance? just leave them be.
That's the key-- appearance is always trivial. If someone actually produced some work or thought or social commentary that was meaningful, I would defend that person. But I am pretty sure no one cares what Van Gogh wore while he painted, and I'm equally as sure no one would have cared what Dr. King had to say if he'd have dressed like a circus clown with a big red fake nose and floppy shoes that squeaked.

People's appearance is an outward manifestation of how they want others to perceive them. If you want to be taken seriously, look the part. If your mohawk is more important to you, fine-- but expect there to be consequences.
I think this is on point, and I sport a white man fro (and no, I'm not Jewish). Fuck that short, straight hair wanna-be Roman soldier bullshit.

Excuse me, I'll be leaving now.

Marmot

Bronze

Post by Marmot » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:34 pm

I think we all learned a lot about ourselves and each other in this thread.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

markniklas

New

Post by markniklas » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:17 am

thank for your sharing

Tank Top (LinkRemoved) | Cycling Shorts (LinkRemoved)
Last edited by markniklas on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rdcws000

Bronze

Post by rdcws000 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 am

I didn't have time to go through all the pages of this thread, but I would be amazed if in a thread with this topic, This guy:

http://www.good.is/post/tattooed-texas- ... itutional/

Hasn't made an appearance.

EDIT: just realized I contributed to a thread which was only massively revived from extinction by a spammer.

Sorry...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Forum for Law School Students”