Ah, evidence...

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
pfla

Ah, evidence...

Postby pfla » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello all!

I am currently taking evidence, and was curious if anyone has experience with "Learning Evidence from the Federal Rules to the Courtroom" by Merritt and Simmons. It's not the text we're using in class; however, it was recommended by my professor as a supplement.

It's a bit pricey, so before I spend $$$, I would like to get some feedback from those of you who are familiar with it. Please!

Geist13

Re: Ah, evidence...

Postby Geist13 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:53 pm

pfla wrote:Hello all!

I am currently taking evidence, and was curious if anyone has experience with "Learning Evidence from the Federal Rules to the Courtroom" by Merritt and Simmons. It's not the text we're using in class; however, it was recommended by my professor as a supplement.

It's a bit pricey, so before I spend $$$, I would like to get some feedback from those of you who are familiar with it. Please!

Just read the rules. the evidence rules are quite clear and straightforward. Just get used to the rules and how they apply. No supplement necessary. EVERYTHING you need to know (outside of 2 or three specific cases and the confrontation clause) is in the text of the rules.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:39 pm

You can pick up the E&E for cheap, and that's all you need for supplements. The commentary to the Rules is super helpful, too.

pfla

Postby pfla » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:12 pm

kalvano wrote:You can pick up the E&E for cheap, and that's all you need for supplements. The commentary to the Rules is super helpful, too.

Thanks.

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”