UB Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
brownskinlawyergirl

UB Law Class of 2014

Postby brownskinlawyergirl » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 pm

S.U.N.Y Buffalo Who's Going? Anybody Out There?

LIlights0504

Re: UB Law Class of 2014

Postby LIlights0504 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:58 am

Did anyone have trouble enrolling?

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Just finished 1L there if you guys have any questions. (Disclaimer: I am transferring, but I have nothing against the school, it's for personal reasons)

brownskinlawyergirl

Postby brownskinlawyergirl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:13 pm

I didnt Have a Problems ...enrolling ....

starchinkilt wrote:Just finished 1L there if you guys have any questions. (Disclaimer: I am transferring, but I have nothing against the school, it's for personal reasons)

How Was It? Im taking a leap of faith I have never visited the school. How's the social scene?

starchinkilt

Postby starchinkilt » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:44 pm

brownskinlawyergirl wrote:I didnt Have a Problems ...enrolling ....

starchinkilt wrote:Just finished 1L there if you guys have any questions. (Disclaimer: I am transferring, but I have nothing against the school, it's for personal reasons)

How Was It? Im taking a leap of faith I have never visited the school. How's the social scene?

I really liked it. Everyone was really friendly, and most of my professors were amazing (and one of the two who wasn't was visiting last year and will be gone anyway). It's a state school in a state with no money so the campus and building are pretty meh as far as appearance/conveniences, but it is on the main campus, so there are plenty of places to get coffee or a quick bite to eat during the day. They just refurbished the first floor too, adding a new entrance, flatscreen tvs, and front desk. I hope you're prepared for the weather: I'm from upstate NY and even I was surprised by the amount of wind there.

As far as the social scene, a lot depends on where you're living. If you're going to live in an on campus apartment, things are pretty quiet because you are in the middle of amherst, not the city. Off campus, if you live near elmwood, there is tons going on in that area. Also, every week an organization sponsors a bar night somewhere downtown, and for $10-15 you get an open bar and sometimes food. People here are pretty sociable too - everyone puts in their study hours, but makes sure to have plenty of time to go out and have a good time. I really haven't seen much as far as over-competitiveness because of the way grades work here. There is no mandated curve, so professors can give out as many of a grade as they want if students deserve it. (Although most do grade on some form of a curve, it's just not as strict as usual).

Once you get your schedule, (I forget when that comes out), send me a pm or something and I can tell you about professors if I had them/send you outlines.

brownskinlawyergirl

Postby brownskinlawyergirl » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:49 pm

Thanks Starchinkilt...willdo

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”