West Virginia Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey hows everyone doing. Just seeing who on here is going to WVU College of law in the fall. :)

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 pm

I will be there. Just signed my lease for my apartment. I'm really excited. Will be working harder than I have ever worked before first year, which should be fun.

Where is everyone living?

I already found a good beer store (WV has stupid liquor laws), if that's important.

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby jtb00711 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:53 pm

I'll be there in the fall. Going up in two weeks from KY to visit and apartment search. Looking in the South Park area.

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:38 pm

Im going up on Tuesday. Gonna check out apts but more importantly the area and law school. Hope all is pleasing. :mrgreen:

jtb00711
Posts: 110
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:30 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby jtb00711 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:Im going up on Tuesday. Gonna check out apts but more importantly the area and law school. Hope all is pleasing. :mrgreen:


I'd like to hear what you think of the area. I also may possibly be looking for a roommate, if you are interested.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:59 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:Im going up on Tuesday. Gonna check out apts but more importantly the area and law school. Hope all is pleasing. :mrgreen:


I posted some pics of the outside of the LS in the thread on Acceptances board.

It's a really pleasant area. Very boring, which is perfect for law school if you ask me.

If you guys need a hotel, I REALLY recommend staying at the Microtel. Don't let it's cheap price fool you. It's essentially like a Holiday Inn. Decent room at a super cheap cost. A bit small, but who cares? It's only a bed.

User avatar
Oglethorpe
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Oglethorpe » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:30 pm

I'll be there. There doesn't seem to be too many TLS'ers going to WVU which might be a good thing for us.
Maybe there should be a TLS study group...

User avatar
Champion of the Sun
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:23 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Champion of the Sun » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:53 pm

I going to Morgantown again this week to make my final decision. I'm used to living in suburbs and going to school in a city but if I can find a good place I'll be going to West Virginia. I have my eye on Chestnut Hill Apartments and a couple of other places. I like how the school is on its own and overlooks the stadium.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:46 am

Champion of the Sun wrote:I going to Morgantown again this week to make my final decision. I'm used to living in suburbs and going to school in a city but if I can find a good place I'll be going to West Virginia. I have my eye on Chestnut Hill Apartments and a couple of other places. I like how the school is on its own and overlooks the stadium.


Look into Colonial Park (managed by the same people who manage Chestnut Hill):

http://www.goldcrestproperties.com/colonialpark.html

It's actually really fucking nice. It's a bit pricier, but if you can spend an extra $100 a month to get a better place, it's probably worth it.

Also, the place I am in (Cedar Stone) is really nice as well (--LinkRemoved--). They have a noise ordinance that will kick people out after three warnings so you know it will be quiet. Mostly professionals and graduate students from what I have seen.

Finally, Morgantown is not a real city in any sense of the word. I would not consider it one at all compared to something like Philly or even smaller ones. It's kind of just a big college town. There is no real urban area other than by the water.
Last edited by 23402385985 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:47 am

Oglethorpe wrote:I'll be there. There doesn't seem to be too many TLS'ers going to WVU which might be a good thing for us.
Maybe there should be a TLS study group...


I am fully down. I'll bring my copy of Slapshot, even ;)

User avatar
Oglethorpe
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Oglethorpe » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:48 am

Sounds good! Hows the summer prep coming? I saw your reading list...pretty much the same as mine except I read PLS instead of LSC. I just started the E&E's and am hoping to get through the 1st semester classes but it's gonna be tough while working full time.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:43 pm

Oglethorpe wrote:Sounds good! Hows the summer prep coming? I saw your reading list...pretty much the same as mine except I read PLS instead of LSC. I just started the E&E's and am hoping to get through the 1st semester classes but it's gonna be tough while working full time.


Going well. About 200 pages into the Torts E&E. Trying to read one per week.

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:29 pm

jtb00711 wrote:
Cwarrior57 wrote:Im going up on Tuesday. Gonna check out apts but more importantly the area and law school. Hope all is pleasing. :mrgreen:


I'd like to hear what you think of the area. I also may possibly be looking for a roommate, if you are interested.



It's a college town that really is quiet during the summer. I didnt get a real feel for the area because school was done. The town is cool. I was warned about certain apartments. The admissions staff is very firendly. I even got a follow-up call.

The school looks nice. Nothing special. Right by the football field..... Just PM if u have any questions.

sweatingbanshee
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby sweatingbanshee » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:34 pm

I'll be there in the fall.

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:53 pm

Im gonna need a place to stay so if anyone is looking for a roommate let me know. Im a quiet guy who will be spending most if not all my time in the library. PM and maybe we can arrange something. Whats up with the Class of 2014 facebook page?

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:59 pm

joncrooshal wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Sounds good! Hows the summer prep coming? I saw your reading list...pretty much the same as mine except I read PLS instead of LSC. I just started the E&E's and am hoping to get through the 1st semester classes but it's gonna be tough while working full time.


Going well. About 200 pages into the Torts E&E. Trying to read one per week.



What is the reading list you guys are referring to?

User avatar
Oglethorpe
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Oglethorpe » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:02 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Sounds good! Hows the summer prep coming? I saw your reading list...pretty much the same as mine except I read PLS instead of LSC. I just started the E&E's and am hoping to get through the 1st semester classes but it's gonna be tough while working full time.


Going well. About 200 pages into the Torts E&E. Trying to read one per week.



What is the reading list you guys are referring to?




Just a few books that have been recommended by people on this site for 0L summer prep. PM if your interested.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Cwarrior57 wrote:
joncrooshal wrote:
Oglethorpe wrote:Sounds good! Hows the summer prep coming? I saw your reading list...pretty much the same as mine except I read PLS instead of LSC. I just started the E&E's and am hoping to get through the 1st semester classes but it's gonna be tough while working full time.


Going well. About 200 pages into the Torts E&E. Trying to read one per week.



What is the reading list you guys are referring to?


I am just reading Getting to Maybe and the E&Es for the first semester courses.

cpajd
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby cpajd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:16 am

I don't know if you've gotten your schedule yet for fall, but if you have Tom Cady for Torts don't spend any extra time reading this summer for that class UNLESS you just want to do it for your own edification. He has a totally bizarre teaching/test structure which renders the normal methods completely useless. PM with any questions.

User avatar
Oglethorpe
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Oglethorpe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:57 pm

cpajd wrote:I don't know if you've gotten your schedule yet for fall, but if you have Tom Cady for Torts don't spend any extra time reading this summer for that class UNLESS you just want to do it for your own edification. He has a totally bizarre teaching/test structure which renders the normal methods completely useless. PM with any questions.



Funny, my 51 year old neighbor had him too.

cpajd
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:40 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby cpajd » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah he's been there since the mid 1960s.

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:13 pm

Anyone hear when they are going to release the schedules for 1Ls?

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:48 pm

Mid July

23402385985
Posts: 413
Joined: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby 23402385985 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:08 am

Cwarrior57 wrote:Mid July


Coming up on that next week, so hopefully.

Cwarrior57
Posts: 41
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

Re: West Virginia Class of 2014

Postby Cwarrior57 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:38 pm

I did a little snooping on the main registration web sight. It looks like all 1Ls will have class during the same time except for legal research and writing. Monday weds and Friday will be 3 classes an hr long and thurs I think is legal writing.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest