UC Hastings Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:04 pm

I made an oci thread in the employment forum so we can post anonymously about interviews CBs and offers

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:42 pm

No OCI love yet. BADCF/SFIPLA interviews this weekend!

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:47 pm

DildaMan wrote:No OCI love yet. BADCF/SFIPLA interviews this weekend!

Good luck!

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:43 pm

Aren't you going too?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:44 pm

DildaMan wrote:Aren't you going too?

Nope. I'm white and not gunning for IP. People told me being a woman wasn't enough for the diversity so I didn't apply, but apparently they were wrong.

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:49 pm

:| I'm not a minority either. . .

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:56 pm

DildaMan wrote::| I'm not a minority either. . .

I don't know. I was just under the impression that's what the diversity career fair was for. I guess I was wrong though, so don't let what I wrongfully thought get you down.

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:34 pm


User avatar
asparagusvangogh
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby asparagusvangogh » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Does anyone know if journals have gpa requirements for editor positions?

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:07 pm

The only GPA requirement I know of is for write-on eligibility. I have a pretty bad GPA and was offered a spot as editor for a secondary journal.

User avatar
sheydabi
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby sheydabi » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:19 pm

.
Last edited by sheydabi on Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:44 pm

DildaMan wrote:The only GPA requirement I know of is for write-on eligibility. I have a pretty bad GPA and was offered a spot as editor for a secondary journal.

your gpa isn't bad, shut up. and they offer editor positions to 2Ls?

User avatar
DildaMan
Posts: 383
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby DildaMan » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:52 pm

ilovesf wrote:
DildaMan wrote:The only GPA requirement I know of is for write-on eligibility. I have a pretty bad GPA and was offered a spot as editor for a secondary journal.

your gpa isn't bad, shut up. and they offer editor positions to 2Ls?


I'm editor on a secondary. What that means, I have no idea...

User avatar
OneMoreLawHopeful
Posts: 1191
Joined: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby OneMoreLawHopeful » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:22 pm

ilovesf wrote:Did anyone else get an email from a firm saying they want to interview you at the office instead of at oci? Is this normal?


I just wanted to chime in and say that I got an email saying the same thing on the same day you posted this comment (probably the same firm). I arranged an interview at their office on the 9th, even though they're coming to campus on a different day.

I don't know if it's "normal" but at least you're not alone.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:25 pm

OneMoreLawHopeful wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Did anyone else get an email from a firm saying they want to interview you at the office instead of at oci? Is this normal?


I just wanted to chime in and say that I got an email saying the same thing on the same day you posted this comment (probably the same firm). I arranged an interview at their office on the 9th, even though they're coming to campus on a different day.

I don't know if it's "normal" but at least you're not alone.

Haha, probably the same. They're one of my top 3 firms. I'm not sure if going there instead of interviewing at OCI is a good thing or not. At least we're good enough that they are going out of their way to interview us, right? I also think this means good things about them hiring a larger amount for SAs since they are interviewing more people (hopefully at least).

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:53 am

Did anyone else get that email about section leader? I don't even remember having one last year. Do you guys have any idea about the time commitment?

User avatar
kapital98
Posts: 1188
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:58 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby kapital98 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:30 pm

ilovesf wrote:Did anyone else get that email about section leader? I don't even remember having one last year. Do you guys have any idea about the time commitment?


I got it too. I have no idea how they picked people. I didn't participate in ANY organization last year. It's probably a list of people with a GPA cutoff.

If it's not much of a time commitment it sounds interesting.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:35 pm

kapital98 wrote:
ilovesf wrote:Did anyone else get that email about section leader? I don't even remember having one last year. Do you guys have any idea about the time commitment?


I got it too. I have no idea how they picked people. I didn't participate in ANY organization last year. It's probably a list of people with a GPA cutoff.

If it's not much of a time commitment it sounds interesting.

Lol I didn't do anything last year either. I'm kind of interested but I don't want to commit to too much this year

~oaklandish~
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ~oaklandish~ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:56 pm

hey everybody!

New to the forum, a friend recommended it.

How's OCI going for everybody?

~oaklandish~
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ~oaklandish~ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 pm

any specific threads you guys recommend for somebody from our school/year thats new to this site?

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:02 pm

~oaklandish~ wrote:any specific threads you guys recommend for somebody from our school/year thats new to this site?

Welcome :) we have a Hastings oci thread if you're doing oci. I also found the summer mass mail thread in the employment section useful.

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 pm

Also - I like that someone found this useful or nice enough that they recommended it

~oaklandish~
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ~oaklandish~ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:32 pm

Do you guys know each other in real life? Or is this all strictly anonymous?

Just curious bc I saw some of you guys referring to the GPAs of other posters, and I know from other forums sometimes these types of things lead to IRL friendships

User avatar
ilovesf
Posts: 11804
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:37 pm

~oaklandish~ wrote:Do you guys know each other in real life? Or is this all strictly anonymous?

Just curious bc I saw some of you guys referring to the GPAs of other posters, and I know from other forums sometimes these types of things lead to IRL friendships

I know dilda & kap but you could probably say we started talking because of tls. We know each others gpas because we all posted them on here back when we thought we were anonymous- lol.

~oaklandish~
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:54 pm

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ~oaklandish~ » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:43 pm

ilovesf wrote:We know each others gpas because we all posted them on here back when we thought we were anonymous- lol.


link?

lol




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest