UC Hastings Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
ilovesf

Re: UC Hastings Class of 2014

Postby ilovesf » Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:49 pm

Lasers and I have been taking questions here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173522
Maybe we should just keep it to the thread we already started to have our collective wisdom in one spot

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:30 pm

ilovesf wrote:Lasers and I have been taking questions here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=173522
Maybe we should just keep it to the thread we already started to have our collective wisdom in one spot

I didn't notice your thread until I posted mine. I'll contribute to that one when I get around to reading it.

However, I like the idea of having another thread... basically to spam TLS. It bumps Hastings up on the forum list. I'm not a major advocate of Hastings but there are a lot of things I didn't know about Hastings, or law school, until I moved here from NY.

I also think now that the first semester is over we can give better advice.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Massey is killing me at 8:30 - 9:30 AM Mondays through Wednesdays. Anyone feeling my pain?

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:16 pm

DildaMan wrote:Massey is killing me at 8:30 - 9:30 AM Mondays through Wednesdays. Anyone feeling my pain?

I didn't know we had someone else from our section here! And yeah, it really sucks. I hate con law. And I hate everything else about this semester, too.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:49 pm

ilovesf wrote:
DildaMan wrote:Massey is killing me at 8:30 - 9:30 AM Mondays through Wednesdays. Anyone feeling my pain?

I didn't know we had someone else from our section here! And yeah, it really sucks. I hate con law. And I hate everything else about this semester, too.

I like crim and tax so far. Diamond seems like an older and more hyper Takacs.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:53 pm

DildaMan wrote:
I like crim and tax so far. Diamond seems like an older and more hyper Takacs.

I like crim actually, so I guess I don't hate everything. I just hate how almost every class gives more work and we have more classes.

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:04 pm

Haha, I can't fault your logic there. Moot Court is much more of a time killer than LWR. There were more lurkers from our section here?

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:05 am

Constitutional law would probably be fun if it wasn't for being so early. I'm in to history and legal theory. Massey looks like Professor Kingsfield from The Paper Chase.

Moot Court is the worst time sink possible. I hate it. Everything about it.

Diamond's amazing. I love his enthusiasm and the Disney references are excellent.

Are there more people from section 5? It seems like all the 1L's from Hastings come from section 5 (me, sf, lasers, dilda.)

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

kapital98 wrote:Constitutional law would probably be fun if it wasn't for being so early. I'm in to history and legal theory. Massey looks like Professor Kingsfield from The Paper Chase.

Moot Court is the worst time sink possible. I hate it. Everything about it.

Diamond's amazing. I love his enthusiasm and the Disney references are excellent.

Are there more people from section 5? It seems like all the 1L's from Hastings come from section 5 (me, sf, lasers, dilda.)

lasers isn't section 5.. i can't remember which section he's in though

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 am

It's already 1/2 way through the semester and I still can't find motivation to really put effort into my work. All the supplements and outlining still feels empty.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Or have most people gotten back into the knack of law school and feel confident about the home stretch?

At least Moot Court is essentially over.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:52 am

kapital98 wrote:It's already 1/2 way through the semester and I still can't find motivation to really put effort into my work. All the supplements and outlining still feels empty.

Does anyone else feel the same way? Or have most people gotten back into the knack of law school and feel confident about the home stretch?

I'm not doing anythingggg. I haven't done any work over break either. Whateverrrr. Oh did you ever get your outline back from immigration? I never got mine. I just remembered this second we have that midterm haha

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:59 pm

yeah even though i've tried my hardest to get things done, i really haven't really studied much of anything. i felt i was a lot more on top of things last semester...can't be a good sign.

couple people i know have been at the library all break; i wonder how they do it.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:06 pm

ilovesf wrote:
kapital98 wrote:It's already 1/2 way through the semester and I still can't find motivation to really put effort into my work. All the supplements and outlining still feels empty.

I'm not doing anythingggg. I haven't done any work over break either. Whateverrrr. Oh did you ever get your outline back from immigration? I never got mine. I just remembered this second we have that midterm haha

I never got my outline back either. I'm guessing Boswell ran out of time before his vacation. It's a shame because feedback would have been wonderful.

I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling unmotivated.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 pm

Who's happy about no more Contracts?

I know I am. :D

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:32 pm

I hated contracts, but I liked the grade. Didn't make a good cutoff for transfers, so see those of you that remain next year!

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:35 pm

DildaMan wrote:I hated contracts, but I liked the grade. Didn't make a good cutoff for transfers, so see those of you that remain next year!

Contracts was my best grade of the year, so I love that class :) I'll be here next year too for sure. What classes are you guys taking?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:56 pm

ugh, one grade ruined my entire semester. i hate you contracts!

knew that grade would cost me any chance i had at OCI. fuck.

only chance i have is if the grade cutoffs are much lower than last year's.

kapital98

Postby kapital98 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:08 pm

DildaMan wrote:I hated contracts, but I liked the grade. Didn't make a good cutoff for transfers, so see those of you that remain next year!

I'll be back. San Francisco is probably the best place to be "forced" to stay another 2 years.

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Lasers wrote:ugh, one grade ruined my entire semester. i hate you contracts!

But I yhought you are leaving to USC?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:25 pm

ilovesf wrote:

wells...yeah. i got to now. bittersweet.

falling so much hurts my big law chances at usc's oci, though. oh well. gotta hustle. at least my gpa gets reset there...

ilovesf

Postby ilovesf » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:27 pm

Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

falling so much hurts my big law chances at usc's oci, though. oh well. gotta hustle. at least my gpa gets reset there...

:( I feel so lost in figuring out what firms to bid on, etc. it's a mess. How do you like your summer job?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:37 pm

ilovesf wrote:
Lasers wrote:
ilovesf wrote:

:( I feel so lost in figuring out what firms to bid on, etc. it's a mess. How do you like your summer job?

it's cool cause i get paid, but the research is boring and tedious cause there's so much of it. i actually picked up a cool government legal internship with homeland security (that i will start soon pending a background check), so i'm probably gonna be working two jobs this summer.

how's your judicial externship?

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Lasers wrote:it's cool cause i get paid, but the research is boring and tedious cause there's so much of it. i actually picked up a cool government legal internship with homeland security (that i will start soon pending a background check), so i'm probably gonna be working two jobs this summer.

^ same except local agency. Are you doing two PT jobs?

Lasers

Postby Lasers » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:56 pm

DildaMan wrote:
Lasers wrote:it's cool cause i get paid, but the research is boring and tedious cause there's so much of it. i actually picked up a cool government legal internship with homeland security (that i will start soon pending a background check), so i'm probably gonna be working two jobs this summer.

^ same except local agency. Are you doing two PT jobs?

yep. the internship with the govt. is unpaid though (but that's to be expected).

DildaMan

Postby DildaMan » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:58 pm

I heard a research position looks good for OCI. What types of law are you guys planning to practice?

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”