The 0L Excitement Thread Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
Sandro

Gold

Re: The 0L Excitement Thread

Post by Sandro » Thu May 26, 2011 12:42 am

I'm excited for my new apt which will easily be the nicest place I've lived. Blowin money fast.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Thu May 26, 2011 1:07 am

I'm excited to speak in my native language most of the day again. I'm excited about exercising my brain and being able to use words with more than two syllables. I'm excited about doing school without working two jobs also (first time ever).

downing

Bronze

Post by downing » Thu May 26, 2011 1:14 am

I'm excited, and a little sad, about living alone again.

DMBFan

New

Post by DMBFan » Thu May 26, 2011 1:32 am

I spent the last four years in the military so I am really excited to be going back into an academic setting. I am wondering how the rigor will compare to the workload I've had recently. Either way, I am ready to start!

iahtt

New

Post by iahtt » Thu May 26, 2011 4:02 am

the hot chicks. eh? right guys?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Thu May 26, 2011 4:51 am

iahtt wrote:the law school hot chicks. eh? right guys?
FTF all of us so that we don't go in with impossible expectations.

Seriously though, pretty pumped about getting out of this small town, being back in school, and working toward a career instead of just a paycheck.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu May 26, 2011 5:39 am

I'm excited to be busy. I hate down time. Also excited to be in a different academic environment; not that my ugrad was bad, but I'd like to broaden my experiences a little.

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu May 26, 2011 8:02 am

oh god, this thread is like crack for me :D the eternal optimist :D
i'm completely psyched to be moving to colorado, i've been intending to get out west for years and here it is....and to get back to school, out of the grind of doing the same job every day, and yes i know i'll be going back to work in a few years, but by then i'll be sick of school and ready for another challenge!
i'm also curious to see how 10+ years in the "real world" had prepared me for school...i think i'll be much better prepared this time around...

here's to being excited and embracing it!!!

DocHawkeye

Silver

Post by DocHawkeye » Thu May 26, 2011 9:13 am

law_monkey wrote:I'm looking forward to participating in the super amazing clinics. And Law Revue. :D
Maybe its the Law Follies. I'll call Zigfield.

In other news, I am counting the days.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Thu May 26, 2011 9:14 am

yup

NCtoDC

Silver

Post by NCtoDC » Thu May 26, 2011 9:37 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm excited to speak in my native language most of the day again. I'm excited about exercising my brain and being able to use words with more than two syllables. I'm excited about doing school without working two jobs also (first time ever).
Definitely this. I will be able to really devote myself to class and ECs. :-)

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Thu May 26, 2011 9:55 am

NCtoDC wrote:
Eugenie Danglars wrote:I'm excited to speak in my native language most of the day again. I'm excited about exercising my brain and being able to use words with more than two syllables. I'm excited about doing school without working two jobs also (first time ever).
Definitely this. I will be able to really devote myself to class and ECs. :-)
It's going to be awesome :-) And who knows, I might get good grades for once.

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Thu May 26, 2011 10:01 am

I'm excited to be caring about something again. Current job is not a challenge.

Almost looking forward to competing for the 5 jobs available to us.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

upfish

Silver

Post by upfish » Thu May 26, 2011 10:02 am

oldhippie wrote:oh god, this thread is like crack for me :D the eternal optimist :D
i'm completely psyched to be moving to colorado, i've been intending to get out west for years and here it is....and to get back to school, out of the grind of doing the same job every day, and yes i know i'll be going back to work in a few years, but by then i'll be sick of school and ready for another challenge!
i'm also curious to see how 10+ years in the "real world" had prepared me for school...i think i'll be much better prepared this time around...

here's to being excited and embracing it!!!
I am still so sad that I'll be missing out on CO! But super happy for you, and all the other CU incoming 1Ls! =)

oldhippie

Silver

Post by oldhippie » Thu May 26, 2011 10:05 am

thanks upfish...it was fun sharing the angst with you along the way!!

spacepenguin

Silver

Post by spacepenguin » Thu May 26, 2011 11:18 am

I'm looking forward to the end of 1L year with grades that I can be proud of and looking back with career in hand, that 1L was a hell-of-a-fun ride.

BeenDidThat

Silver

Post by BeenDidThat » Thu May 26, 2011 11:40 am

Kabuo wrote:

Seriously though, pretty pumped about getting out of this small town, being back in school, and working toward a career instead of just a paycheck.
From a rising 2L: while the ladies of law school are not particularly blessed with the gift of looks, they aren't really that cursed. And, as a man who enjoys conversation with intelligent women, I can tell you that it's relieving to find so many women who can hold their own intellectually. For some, that may not be a draw. But I'm assuming there are a few other people like me who will find this phenomenon quite pleasant.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:40 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
Kabuo wrote:

From a rising 2L: while the ladies of law school are not particularly blessed with the gift of looks, they aren't really that cursed. And, as a man who enjoys conversation with intelligent women, I can tell you that it's relieving to find so many women who can hold their own intellectually. For some, that may not be a draw. But I'm assuming there are a few other people like me who will find this phenomenon quite pleasant.
so insulting, lol
i happen to think i'm not too bad on the eye, and some of my future (female) classmates weren't either

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Thu May 26, 2011 4:40 pm

BeenDidThat wrote:
Kabuo wrote:

Definitely are, and I'd be one. Also, not saying the ladies anything about the looks of ladies in law school (how would I know?), just tempering expectations based on ATL comments.

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Fri May 27, 2011 7:55 am

I'm pretty excited to be doing something productive with my time instead of watching TV all the time and drinking too much beer. I hope to still be doing some of both next year though! I've also been moving around a lot the last two years, so it will be (hopefully) a nice change to really settle down again.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Honestly, I'm a little nervous to see if my brain still works. I haven't had any legit academic work since last fall...I remember sitting in a mock class in some ASD and thinking that even then, I must be the dumbest motherfucker in that room. :shock:

The prospect of finally leaving my hometown has me *really* excited, though. Davis is super relaxed, my future roommates are great, and I'm ready to get to the grind. I started my application process more than a year ago with my first LSAT class, and I've been looking forward to law school for at least two years before that. It's time to finally get going.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 pm

jwmalone87 wrote:Honestly, I'm a little nervous to see if my brain still works. I haven't had any legit academic work since last fall...I remember sitting in a mock class in some ASD and thinking that even then, I must be the dumbest motherfucker in that room. :shock:

The prospect of finally leaving my hometown has me *really* excited, though. Davis is super relaxed and my future roommates are great.
Same concern. It'll be almost two and a half years since I've done anything academic in English by the time I start school. I've spent most of the last two years speaking Chinese, and when I speak English it's all "special English" because I'm an ESL teacher. Sometimes when I skype my friends, I talk simply and slow until they ask if I'm ok, then I :oops:

ilovesf

Diamond

Post by ilovesf » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:39 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote: Same concern. It'll be almost two and a half years since I've done anything academic in English by the time I start school. I've spent most of the last two years speaking Chinese, and when I speak English it's all "special English" because I'm an ESL teacher. Sometimes when I skype my friends, I talk simply and slow until they ask if I'm ok, then I :oops:
Ditto. I'm living abroad with my foreign boyfriend and he speaks English but it isn't perfect. I'm always dumbing myself down so he can understand me, and I'm actually worried that my writing/speaking skills have really suffered because of it. I've started to read more 'intellectual' books lately so that I can try to improve a bit before school starts.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:21 am

tag, i love this shit!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:46 am

15 days of work left. 40 days til I move. 75 days until law school!

Not that I'm counting... :oops:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”