USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Tue May 03, 2011 3:42 pm

don't forget to join either the facebook page or group! i don't know which one is better, so if one ends up being much more popular than the other, i'll delete the less active one.

search facebook under the USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Tue May 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Escuate wrote:Checking in here... Anyone else living near campus this fall?


I'm living downtown, which is kinda nearish, but not within walking distance. I am a USC UG and have lived near campus before, so if you have any questions about specific buildings, landlords (many of which you should avoid), pricing, etc., let me know!

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm

It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!

User avatar
Horchata
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Horchata » Wed May 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!


FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Wed May 04, 2011 1:47 pm

Horchata wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!


FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.

Love your tar.

User avatar
Horchata
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Horchata » Wed May 04, 2011 3:49 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Horchata wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!


FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.

Love your tar.


Thanks. There's only a few left so PM me with 2 really good reasons why you want to accept Christ. No b.s.'ing...


Btw, I just joined the facebook group. If you're Rachael I think I saw you at ASD! I'll introduce myself when I see you at orientation. Thanks for creating a fbook page.

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Love your tar.[/quote]

Thanks. There's only a few left so PM me with 2 really good reasons why you want to accept Christ. No b.s.'ing...


Btw, I just joined the facebook group. If you're Rachael I think I saw you at ASD! I'll introduce myself when I see you at orientation. Thanks for creating a fbook page.[/quote]

Yay! Thanks for joining! And yes, I'm Rachael and I was at ASD!

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Wed May 04, 2011 11:29 pm

Horchata wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:It's official - I have finally placed my first deposit! Fight on!!!


FWIW I've been following your thread where you were deciding between the other LA law school. Good choice. Fight on! and see you in the summer.


Thanks; I hope it was the right choice. Well, I guess there was really no bad option. Anyway, happy to be continuing at USC! See you!

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby dangerousminds » Fri May 06, 2011 11:17 am

Excited to be attending USC in the fall. Now the search for housing commences from the other side of the country. :lol:

in__flux
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:40 am

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby in__flux » Fri May 06, 2011 3:39 pm

glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....

(I work in an office consisting of all middle-aged men, save 1 middle-aged woman. I need to meet my people :wink: )


agreed! we still have a whole summer before school begins, let's make it happen

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Fri May 06, 2011 4:13 pm

in__flux wrote:
glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....

(I work in an office consisting of all middle-aged men, save 1 middle-aged woman. I need to meet my people :wink: )


agreed! we still have a whole summer before school begins, let's make it happen


+1

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Fri May 06, 2011 4:14 pm

dangerousminds wrote:Excited to be attending USC in the fall. Now the search for housing commences from the other side of the country. :lol:


Good luck with the housing search! Let me know if you need any help/suggestions.

FAR262
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:00 am

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby FAR262 » Mon May 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Escuate wrote:Checking in here... Anyone else living near campus this fall?


me!

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Has anyone gotten a response about the law preview scholarship yet? I know they said we'd hear by May 23, but i'm impatient. :lol:

User avatar
Horchata
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Horchata » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 am

Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Wed May 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Horchata wrote:Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool


Interesting, giving them to more than 10% of incoming students. it is pretty cool.

They didn't send me an email.... hmm

User avatar
Horchata
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Horchata » Wed May 11, 2011 1:08 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Horchata wrote:Nah, no response yet. Although I did get an email from Ms. Puertas telling me that they received my application. They're giving about 25 scholarships or so...that's pretty cool


Interesting, giving them to more than 10% of incoming students. it is pretty cool.

They didn't send me an email.... hmm


I should have clarified: I sent them an email asking if they received my application.

I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Wed May 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Horchata wrote:I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias


Hmm...if you don't mind paying, Westside Rentals. They have a lot of listings that you wouldn't otherwise find out about. There are free sites too, like apartments.com or forrent.com. I found my apartment through a Google search for downtown LA apartments.

User avatar
Horchata
Posts: 163
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:09 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Horchata » Thu May 12, 2011 1:43 am

Puttanesca wrote:
Horchata wrote:I'm doing some research this week on apartments. Does anyone know some good resources for finding places (besides the Daily Trojan and Craigslist)? Gracias


Hmm...if you don't mind paying, Westside Rentals. They have a lot of listings that you wouldn't otherwise find out about. There are free sites too, like apartments.com or forrent.com. I found my apartment through a Google search for downtown LA apartments.


cool thanks.

aryathegreat
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:49 am

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby aryathegreat » Thu May 12, 2011 2:56 pm

Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?

Puttanesca
Posts: 443
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:10 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby Puttanesca » Thu May 12, 2011 5:21 pm

aryathegreat wrote:Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?


Congrats! I was able to increase my scholarship by 5K/year by presenting USC with a UCLA need-based award. If you have scholarships or need-based offers from similarly ranked schools, you might be able to negotiate with USC. If you want more details on what I did, PM me. Good luck! Hope to see you in the fall!

JJDancer
Posts: 1564
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:41 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby JJDancer » Thu May 12, 2011 6:09 pm

aryathegreat wrote:Just got in off the waitlist. Pretty sure Im going to attend. The only sad part is that it looks like scholarships from this point on are going to be scarce. Is there anything anyone did to increase their offers?

PM me with your stats/other offers/general situation and I can share my thoughts..

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:00 pm

anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:

dangerousminds
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 11:55 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby dangerousminds » Mon May 23, 2011 2:31 pm

glitter178 wrote:anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:


I'm not sure what time you posted this, but as I am on the East Coast, it's only 2:30 PM here as I type this; which means it isn't even noon yet in Southern California. So keep hope alive, at least for another 5 & 1/2 hours. :lol:

User avatar
glitter178
Posts: 771
Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Postby glitter178 » Mon May 23, 2011 2:32 pm

dangerousminds wrote:
glitter178 wrote:anyone heard back about the law preview scholarship? they said they'd notify us by today. starting to feel like i missed this one.... :cry:


I'm not sure what time you posted this, but as I am on the East Coast, it's only 2:30 PM here as I type this; which means it isn't even noon yet in Southern California. So keep hope alive, at least for another 5 & 1/2 hours. :lol:


lol true.




Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest