USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014 Forum

(housing, friendships, future exams, all things 2014)
in__flux

New

USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Post by in__flux » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:34 pm

Is anybody from the class of 2014 at USC reading this forum? If so, I think this is a great opportunity for us to get in touch with each other and discuss housing preparations and all that other business. I am contemplating Miracle Mile, Korea Town, and Down Town. BTW I'll be at Law Day on April 15th, so perhaps I will meet some of you soon!

glitter178

Silver

Re: USC Gould School of Law Class of 2014

Post by glitter178 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:39 pm

in__flux wrote:Is anybody from the class of 2014 at USC reading this forum? If so, I think this is a great opportunity for us to get in touch with each other and discuss housing preparations and all that other business. I am contemplating Miracle Mile, Korea Town, and Down Town. BTW I'll be at Law Day on April 15th, so perhaps I will meet some of you soon!
There is already a thread for this, but as I am excited about all these upcoming events happening i'm going to post in here anyway.

I moved to LA 5 months ago from the east coast and am learning my way around, so if anyone contemplating a big move has any questions, i'll be happy to answer them. I'm also happy to get to better know some people who are likely to go to either USC or UCLA. I'd like to have some buddies going into this.

Horchata

Bronze

Post by Horchata » Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:02 pm

Hey all, I'll be at the law day, too.

I'm actually thinking about living close to the school for my first year then away for the second and third years. I think the convenience, especially for the first year, will make it a little less crazy. I'll probably move down in July to get my bearings.

jbubin

New

Post by jbubin » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Hey, I'll be at the law day as well. I don't mind shoddy neighborhoods that have sweet bike access to things, and I always think it's better to move in with people who are doing the same. Want to meet up at Law Day to talk about finding apartments in the area?

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Checking in. Been living in LA for almost 4 years now, so if anyone has questions, post them on this thread or PM me. See you all at ASD!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:20 pm

So excited for the fall!!

Dostoevsky

New

Post by Dostoevsky » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:49 pm

Class of 2014! We are so excited to meet you :)

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 02, 2011 7:19 pm

someone want to make a facebook group ? :lol: I'll do it if no one else wants to!

aliasdancer

New

Post by aliasdancer » Mon May 02, 2011 7:22 pm

Officially submitted my deposit today -- I'm going to USC (as a former Bruin I'm still getting used to it...)

Let's make a Facebook group! It's all you glitter!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

daydreamer

Bronze

Post by daydreamer » Mon May 02, 2011 7:59 pm

aliasdancer wrote:Officially submitted my deposit today -- I'm going to USC (as a former Bruin I'm still getting used to it...)

+1

A Facebook group would be awesome!

On another note, I have no idea where to even begin when it comes to looking for housing...

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....

(I work in an office consisting of all middle-aged men, save 1 middle-aged woman. I need to meet my people :wink: )

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 8:02 pm

daydreamer wrote:
aliasdancer wrote:Officially submitted my deposit today -- I'm going to USC (as a former Bruin I'm still getting used to it...)

+1

A Facebook group would be awesome!

On another note, I have no idea where to even begin when it comes to looking for housing...
The admitted students portal has some help w housing.

I'm not from LA but feel like I have done a good amount of research on where to live so feel free to PM me.

n_gal

New

Post by n_gal » Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 pm

glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....
When you do can you post a link?!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:03 pm

n_gal wrote:
glitter178 wrote:i will make it as soon as i get home. I also want to do what I've seen people in other threads do... organize a little get together....
but of course.

n_gal

New

Post by n_gal » Mon May 02, 2011 8:06 pm

glitter178 wrote:
n_gal wrote:
but of course.
thanks! :)

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 8:12 pm

I was wondering why TT was blowing up and just realized today was the deposit date. Congrats to us, USC c/o 2014!
Without giving up anonymity, just wanted to semi-introduce myself (maybe others can as well)
I'm from FL, 1-2 years out of UG, excited to be moving to LA this summer (July ish)!

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Mon May 02, 2011 8:54 pm

okay so i made a group, but i didn't realize that you can't post or anything in group? I guess a page is better....

http://www.facebook.com/pages/USC-Gould ... 56?sk=wall

sorry for confusion. This will be a sweet group once my computer lets me upload pictures and fill in information....

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ms1987

New

Post by ms1987 » Mon May 02, 2011 9:00 pm

I'm from CA, 2 years out of undergrad. Thinking of living in the downtown area for the 1L year...looking forward to meeting everyone soon!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Mon May 02, 2011 11:31 pm

ms1987 wrote:I'm from CA, 2 years out of undergrad. Thinking of living in the downtown area for the 1L year...looking forward to meeting everyone soon!
I'm living downtown now and for 1L too! So if anyone has any questions about living downtown, let me know!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 11:35 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
ms1987 wrote:I'm from CA, 2 years out of undergrad. Thinking of living in the downtown area for the 1L year...looking forward to meeting everyone soon!
I'm living downtown now and for 1L too! So if anyone has any questions about living downtown, let me know!
WHOA! Did you change your mind to USC?

PS: CONGRATS on the offer and welcome! :) (err.. actually not exactly "Welcome" more like "continue celebrating being a Trojan :D ")

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Mon May 02, 2011 11:40 pm

Puttanesca wrote:
I know downtown isn't huge but do you know of any (dangerous) areas to definitely avoid? Or do you know of any newer buildings that aren't super expensive? I'm looking to live in studio and will need a spot to park my car. Thanks!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Mon May 02, 2011 11:50 pm

JJDancer wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:
WHOA! Did you change your mind to USC?

PS: CONGRATS on the offer and welcome! :) (err.. actually not exactly "Welcome" more like "continue celebrating being a Trojan :D ")
Pretty much changed my mind. I'll probably be putting my deposit down tomorrow (got an extension b/c of the late scholarship increase). Thank you!
JJDancer wrote: I know downtown isn't huge but do you know of any (dangerous) areas to definitely avoid? Or do you know of any newer buildings that aren't super expensive? I'm looking to live in studio and will need a spot to park my car. Thanks!
Sending you a PM.

aliasdancer

New

Post by aliasdancer » Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 am

JJDancer wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:
I know downtown isn't huge but do you know of any (dangerous) areas to definitely avoid? Or do you know of any newer buildings that aren't super expensive? I'm looking to live in studio and will need a spot to park my car. Thanks!

oh oh! I want this info too!!

Puttanesca

Bronze

Post by Puttanesca » Tue May 03, 2011 12:25 am

aliasdancer wrote:
JJDancer wrote:
Puttanesca wrote:

oh oh! I want this info too!!
Aliasdancer - sent you a PM

IMO, the areas to avoid would be anything more than a couple blocks west of Figueroa and Skid Row. I live in one of the newer buildings in downtown LA - I don't want to post it on here, but if you PM me, I can give you more info.

Escuate

New

Post by Escuate » Tue May 03, 2011 3:39 pm

Checking in here... Anyone else living near campus this fall?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “TLS Class of 2014 Forum”